Sign in to follow this  
jerryhopper

Research: What kind of entertainment you prefer?

What kind of entertainment you prefer?  

73 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of entertainment you prefer?

• Interviews with people. ( one guest only )
    • On sight war-reporting ( where we attend and film team or coop matches )
    • 'Late night shows' ( with 2 or 3 guests )
    • Short movies ( as in series example : the a-team. )
    • Infotainment ( As in Humor/information/practice example : Top Gear )

Hello community,

Im doing some research for an entertainment program that im working on.

In the past years, i have tried to entertain you with my radioshows/podcasts.

During my absence, other people got creative and started the ArmA Podcast ( http://www.armapodcast.com/)

I realized, that if i would present the community a new show, it should be something new. something different.

"Video killed the radioshow"

With the ArmA-podcast guys covering the audio section in arma, i decided to do a vodcast - or better a TV Show.

I have been offered to do a entertainments show at the local television network (C-TV)

We dugg up some existing tv-show concepts, to see what the community would like to see on tv.

To prevent a one episode show, we are starting with a few 'pilots' (one, or more concept-tryouts )

And for these pilots, we need to know what 'lives' among the community.

Please consider voting.

But before you vote, please bear in mind that ArmA has its limitations as it goes for 'video-details'. In ArmA there are gestures, but not everything is possible to visualize in a natural/normal way.

Question : What kind of Television entertainment would you prefer?

1. Interviews with people. ( one guest only )

2. On sight war-reporting ( where we attend and film team or coop matches )

3. 'Late night shows' ( with 2 or 3 guests )

4. Short movies ( as in series example : the a-team. )

5. Infotainment ( As in Humor/information/practice example : Top Gear )

Im looking forward to your reactions.

regards,

Jerry Hopper

[update]

Due to youtube/productiontime limits, we're aiming at video's of 10 minutes MAX.

And dont forget to motivate your choice!!!

Edited by jerryhopper

5. Infotainment ( As in Humor/information/practice example : Top Gear )

Especially the Top Gear reference caught my eye there. I´d like some sort of insight into mission & addon makers minds. There´s so much to learn in OFP/ArmA that even long time members still find out about new tricks from time to time. It´d be great if you could disguise some of those untold lessons as entertainment in your upcoming shows :thumb_down:

2 sounds interesting for arma

Although, for television prolly infotainment.

Voted two though, because i tihnk it'd be pretty entertaining with arma

Hmm... What kind of "ntertainment" [sic] do I prefer? :D

A lot of good options to choose from, but I chose: "On sight war-reporting" as my method of choice. ;)

Voted 2. 2+5 = PROFIT.

=D

Especially the Top Gear reference caught my eye there.

A copy of TopGear would be nice indeed. Reviews (Addons\missions?), interviews and crazy challenges!

Edited by Smurf

5 - Tried a Top Gear thing before. Spent ages splitting the Hilux episode up into clarksons voice files, converted them to Lip and got the intro done. However, HDD Format - work lost!

But yeah, something that makes me laugh is always a plus for me.

I'd accept any and all of those. If you have one as the common theme of your shows, I'd think any of he others could be used as a surprise on occasion, to shake things up.

I prefer the good interviews you did to be honest. Think you should keep at that :)

I would like to see everything why didn´t you include an Option for that? ^^

This sounds great, it was a hard pick between 2 and 5, but 5 looked like it needed a boost so i voted for that :) look forward to the results!!

Voted Interviews, but I like the most "Round Tables" with 3-4 people giving opinions about something.

This top gear parody worked very well on BF2, I remember it from ages ago and this thread triggered a memory :p

Looking forward to whatever you decide to do ;)

Decision is hard to make as all formats have theyr interesting aspects. Finally i voted for Infotainment because it's a format i like myself pretty well, interesting facts presented in a entertaining manner and in a way also non-pro's might understand it.

And this format would also "allow" to include the other formats here and there aswell.

I like watching those Coop sessions from companies like 6th sense.

Those are awesome!

Yes they are... probably good for recruitment for them too :P

I would like to see interviews and movies from community (+ BIS) eg mission designers, addon makers and matches.

From "Top Gear" and similar concepts you can only learn how to fill time gaps until you have something more important to show. :p

Great reactions!

Im surprised that war-reporting scores high.

but i predicted the popularity of the infotainment option.

So cmon guys, i need more votes and its 2 days till the poll closes!

I'd like to see all options covered in your shows. The more variety you offer the more audience you can hope to attract in the long run, I think.

Some ideas for subjects:

- A subject well-suited for video clips is mission and/or addon reviews.

- You could invite creators of more complex addons and tools to explain how to use them with best results.

- You could ask experienced players to share their gaming know-how.

- You could invite experts to discuss rl strategies and tactics and how to transfer this knowledge to ArmA considering the limitations of the game engine.

- You could allow online communities and tournaments to introduce their projects.

Another idea, though not a subject: Not everybody in the ArmA world speaks English fluently. Have you considered subtitled versions of your shows?

I love the co-op reporting but done from an reports point-of-view.

As I always enjoy watching the 6th Sense vids on youtube. Done with an editorial view and maybe mixed with an Top Gear like finishing, yeah I would really like it.

Could also create a bigger 'community' around the co-op/pvp squads if you'd follow a different one every time and maybe have multiple videos per squad, introductions, set-up/training and the actual mission recap. But recording live-sessions would require multiple recordings to give some exiting and interesting footage.

So I would understand you not going for option 2 and then offcourse would love to see you doing the infotainment.

I like the War Reporting Also."Video killed the radioshow" LOL Buggles!