Sign in to follow this  
victim913

How can I find out why i keep crashing the game?

I tried using windowed mode, in other games it usually will tell me the reason of the crash. But I put -window in the shortcut properties and it gives me a smaller window, but no reason for error.

I noticed a couple days ago that the game would freeze when i fired first shots in combat. that never happened before. I usually crash when the battle gets heated.

I deleted anything that i added recently as far as addons, but still keep crashing.

Any ideas? thanks

Some info about you system would prolly help :)

I was mainly asking for a way for the game or something to tell me whats wrong. Like when running windows, BF2 (i know this is not bf2) but when it crashed in windowed it would give reason for the crash like "missing file" or whatever.

I have been using the editor so long without really playing to far into games and I am downloading addons on a daily basis. So I don't know if an addon is affecting it or not.

And since most addons, don't have very discriptive pbo names, I really have no clue at which addons do what. I have most small addons in one folder. So far I can only tell which are soldier or tanks.

I never had problems before.

But my system is:

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

x64 based PC

Intel Core 2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHZ 2401Mhz 2 Cores, 2 Logical Processors

6 GB RAM

Total physicla memory 5.97

Available physical memory 4.19

Total Virtual Memory 10.3

Running VISTA

There it is straight from my computer.

Make a new ArmA II shortcut but without any command lines in it, so no mods will run (unless you put them directly into your addons folder, which is bad) and test it, if it crashes still, it's nothing to do with mods.

There are so many addons, I can't put every little addon with a @bob to my shortcuts init line, I run out of room.

The only mods my shortcut point to are the ACE's CBA, BWMod, FFAA,MMA, hexagon, and RTE. I tried wihtout RTE already cause i thought that was the problem.

I will try it all vanilla, and if I have to I will start putting the addons in one by one.

I tried using the addonsync and those others to organize mods, but between going back and forth with beta, and some others, I always had problems.

I wouldnt worry about it too much always happens to all my systems so I waitin for a new patch hope its out before I go to army atleast want one CTI game that doesnt end in CTD or Out of Memory bug. Only my dedicated server never has these symptoms but then again its just a 2d window...

Just so u know the Things I have tried

Windows XP SP3

Windows XP SP2 X64

Windows Server 2003 X32 R2

Windows Server 2003 X64 R2

Windows Vista X32

Windows Vista X64

Windows Server 2008 X32

Windows Server 2008 X64 R2

Windows 7 X32

Windows 7 X64

GTX 280

8800 GT

9800 GT

9800M GTX

7950 GT

7950 GX2

HD 4870

HD 5870

GTS 250

E8600

E8400

E6850

X4 955BE

X4 945BE

X2 6400+

2GB

4GB

8GB

RAID 0 (2 or 4)

Non Raid

SATA drives out the wazzooo and IDE Drives

Interestingly I got the same crashes in Arma 1 till 1 of the last patches then I was happy camper! But arma 2 dunno whats up with it

Edited by volkov956

I figured it out. It is the Pedagne Mod that is crashing me. I'm not even using it in the mission, but after spending hours removing addons, Pedagne was one of the last to test since it is not related to the mission.

Once I removed it the stutter when first engaging in combat went away and no crash. I don't know how it can cause a mission to crash without being in it but now I will have to test it without ACE. It could be that they cause conflict with each other and maybe Pedagne works great without ACE. I will have to see.

A big help though was reading some performance related thread that told me to turn off some Nividia performance thing off. It is supposed to help graphics but somehow slows down things. My mouse had a slight delay with the screen, now it's gone.

Nice-- you've find the cause of crash :)

On another note - I found my realtek drivers and Nividia drivers dont work toghether in W7, so i switched to ATI which solved all my problems.. at least for now.

Heres a reference in Sevenforums Maybe it can be to some help for other experiencing BSOD and problems unsolved due to harware conflicts and long hours trying to find a solution.