Sign in to follow this  
konyo

A319 & A320 mpa (WIP)

Hi all. Im working on porting this addon over to ArmA 2. I do have CheyenneAH56 permission to port it & release it if anyone is asking :)

Things still left to do with this:

◠Rescue boat needs improving √

◠A few new textures √

â— Hopefully a fully working radar jammer script

◠Config work, for example sorting out sides √

â— AMA Airline (Civilian)

◠Error message when damaged √

â— Signed Addon

â— And a few other bits

Here a few pictures to tease you with for now ;)

A320 MPA WIP 1 :

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/A320MPAWIP1.jpg

A320 MPA WIP 2 :

http://i794.photobucket.com/albums/yy222/konyo-napster4/A320MPAWIP2.jpg

My planned release date should be sometime next month, depending how quickly the work gets done, it shouldn’t be that long though. :)

Edited by konyo
Check list updated!

awesome!

an airline livery would be cool.. Like chernarus air? :p

For radar jamming, are you going to use default & (or) mandoble's system?

awesome!

an airline livery would be cool.. Like chernarus air? :p

For radar jamming, are you going to use default & (or) mandoble's system?

Yeh i was thinking of planning a chernarus air, once i get this over and done with i will most probably go ahead with that :) See if it can be done ;)

And as with the radar jamming, not too sure at the moment. Was thinking of getting someone to script something special for it :)

Great new !

Like chernarus air?

What about Chernaflot ? :p

Best wishes for the work Konyo.

I just ported it myself to see how it works..its config works well in arma 2, what are you changing in it specifically, and isn't the radar jamming is also already there?...

awesome! Been waiting for one of these for a long time.

Great new !

What about Chernaflot ? :p

Best wishes for the work Konyo.

Chernaflot lol, have to see which ones we can come up with :p

I just ported it myself to see how it works..its config works well in arma 2, what are you changing in it specifically, and isn't the radar jamming is also already there?...

Yeah config works very well in ArmA 2. There’s an error message when the plane hits the ground, saying cannot open smokeandfire.p3d, so have to open that and have a look. And yes its already there, but i was thinking something along the lines that invisible to AA till a certain distance, just tweaking it a little bit and then also something for the crew in the back to use on the control panels ;)

Also, i had a quick go of building a new AGM-84 missile texture for the A320 this morning, and came up with this (AGM-84 Missile Picture) obviously its not finished, so the colour will be toned down more & finished up. But what’s all your opinions?

Edited by konyo

very nice.. and may I give my advice for radar jaming. The most basic one i used on a "stealth" ship for OFP.

Basicly. You make an empty .p3d.. nothing in it at all.

Second you in the config for your plane put "irTarget=false".

Then you have a script. When radar jamming is on.. do nothing, when turned off you spawn the invisible addon, which have no mass, nothing, but is an irTarget and perhaps "attachto" (would work in ArmA2) it to your plane.. that way planes and other systems can look on the plane and shoot down..

however, this doesn't provide jamming for other units of course..

very nice.. and may I give my advice for radar jaming. The most basic one i used on a "stealth" ship for OFP.

Basicly. You make an empty .p3d.. nothing in it at all.

Second you in the config for your plane put "irTarget=false".

Then you have a script. When radar jamming is on.. do nothing, when turned off you spawn the invisible addon, which have no mass, nothing, but is an irTarget and perhaps "attachto" (would work in ArmA2) it to your plane.. that way planes and other systems can look on the plane and shoot down..

however, this doesn't provide jamming for other units of course..

Ok thanks for your advice, ill give that a try. But im not sure what you mean by IrTarget and attachto it to the plane? Wouldn’t i just put it in the planes init box? And see if it works that way? :confused: I never played OFP, so slightly different to ArmA 2.

Look into what was used on this addon for ArmA 1. It basically jammed the vanilla ingame radar (the green box at the top) by flooding it with 100 or so empty target boxes, so if you tried to lock onto a target (With the default system, pressing TAB or your custom set key) while jamming was active, you'd lock onto a box of empty air, atleast until that target disappeared, or jumped to a random position.

Link:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5010

Chernarus airline: Does that mean u plan to do a passenger plane?

Look into what was used on this addon for ArmA 1. It basically jammed the vanilla ingame radar (the green box at the top) by flooding it with 100 or so empty target boxes, so if you tried to lock onto a target (With the default system, pressing TAB or your custom set key) while jamming was active, you'd lock onto a box of empty air, atleast until that target disappeared, or jumped to a random position.

Link:http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5010

Hmm shame that dont work in ArmA 2, ill have to build me a config file for that then, and see what happens :confused:

Chernarus airline: Does that mean u plan to do a passenger plane?

And yeah, i will plan to make a passenger airline, just going to release 1st version first, then after release passenger airline once its been finished.

Will similar skins be available as before, with French, German, etc. marking?

Will similar skins be available as before, with French, German, etc. marking?

Yes they will, they just have a little more texture on them

Great! I'm really looking forward to seeing these then! Even in Arma it felt as if something was lacking texture-wise. Thanks for your efforts :)

Great! I'm really looking forward to seeing these then! Even in Arma it felt as if something was lacking texture-wise. Thanks for your efforts :)

Yeh should be a good effect to ArmA 2, allthough the skin may not be released in the 1st version, i will try my very best to make a skin and release it, but if not im afraid it will have to be in the 2nd version :(

cool, looks like jet blue.. hehehe

:p I see what you did there..

Anyways, cant wait for some missions with this, will it be possible so that friend on ground is lazing target, and the plane can launch a missile to the lazed target?

:p I see what you did there..

Anyways, cant wait for some missions with this, will it be possible so that friend on ground is lazing target, and the plane can launch a missile to the lazed target?

Yeh gonna be some good missions with this ;) and ermm possible, not too sure atm, dont know how to script that sort of stuff :/

i think that kind of thing happens with mandos

i think that kind of thing happens with mandos

Mandos? Do you mean mandos missile system? :confused:

hows the mod going?

Comming along good, slowed down a little bit as got theory test next week, so revising for it. It be back on full progress after next week though :)

would be cool if you could use the missile like mando missles for the apache.. (hellfire)..

Lock on targets from above.. rain down hell :mad: