Sign in to follow this  
Brooklyn718

Radio command script?

Hey guys,

Im looking for a script that allows a trigger to activate radio communication between squads and the HQ. It would be nice to have that real raido sounds, but I will settle for the message instead.

I saw something like this a long time ago when I first started playing Arma. You would enter a zone and it will type out the raido message, in the Players name on the bottom of the screen. Just like single player between Razor and HQ.

"player" I have reached the ojb blah blah blah. Please advise, Over.

"player in Bravo squad" Copy I wills end blah blah blah. Over

"HQ" Good work, your next obj blah blah blah.

Im currently using a cuttext script and it tells the story line, but it shows up for everyone in white in the middle of the screen. I want to make it more personal for each player.

Thanks,

Brooklyn

Make yourself comfortable with the Description.ext and the different radio commands (resp. channels) you can learn about over at the bistudio community wiki.

And yes, you'll have to list your radio calls under CfgRadio even if you don't have them recorded.

Thanks, i will give this a try.

Hey Ruebe....

Syntax:unitName sideRadio chat

Parameters:unitName: Object

chat: String

Return Value:Nothing

Examples

Example 1:_soldierOne sideRadio "messageOne

Im getting the hand of making commands and inserting them, so please bare with me....

_soldierOne means the slot that the plaer is in? In my 32 player mission, I want Alpha squad leader to speak, this would be the correct command? Also, So i make sqf for it? I want to make a few cut scenes so I know I cant put it in a description.ext.

Edited by Brooklyn718

I assume its not possible use Crossroad radio chatter from OFP? If it is, how is this done?