Sign in to follow this  
icecoolwrx

Change Ai's Hesitation in shotshell simulation?

Hi everyone,

Been trying to see if this can be done...

I need the ai to fire whenever it wants using the simulation=shotshell under the ammocfgs. Problem is it reacts just like normal artillery using "shotshell" and waits some time until it shoots again even though the weapon is capable of shooting constantly. I am unable to use "shotbullet" since i need a model for the ammo coming out. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

I have tried those with no success. Maybe for shotshell simulation it has the delay hard coded in for the ai to wait to shoot again?

As I understand, you want AI gunner to shoot at target more rapidly?

Then try to adjust following params in CfgAmmo:

aiRateOfFire, aiRateOfFireDistance, minRange, minRangeProbab, midRange, midRangeProbab, maxRange, maxRangeProbab

more information at the http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Weapons_settings#CfgAmmo

There was my little mistake:

all these params should be used in CfgWeapons :)

may be it will now help?

Edited by WINSE

There was my little mistake:

all these params should be used in CfgWeapons :)

may be it will now help?

Yeah i saw that... i did try it in the right spot with no results, Was able to test it a little bit more today.

Instead of using my custom cfgweapons, cfgammo, and cfgmagazines. I used the D30 weapon and stuck in on my vehicle and the ai still shoots it slow compared to another ai d30 artillery. So now im thinking it has something maybe to do with my cfgvehicles or model even?

I redid my turrets configuration..... it seems fine now.

Thanks for trying to help!