Sign in to follow this  
KingN

The Forgotten Few - SP Dynamic Campaign

Perhaps, Ð›ÑŽÐ±Ñ :D

Hey, thanks for reminding me. I meant to add that song as well but forgot it. I'll add it up. :)

Nice trailer. Waiting to beta test it :)

I still haven't received my new GPU from asus import, I don't know what they are doing up there, haven't heard anything from it for a month. I must first check the campaign through before sending it to you but I need that proper GPU for testing. Sorry for the delay. :rolleyes:

Speaking of beta testing, it would still be good to get more testers before the final release. So if you're interested, send me a PM. :)

Wow, that really looks like a masterpiece !

One quick question:

How did you get this red area marker in this picture ?

http://img535.imageshack.us/i/arma22010042413264986.jpg/

I never saw this before...

I did a script for that. It simply stacks normal circle area markers upon each other, where each marker is slightly bigger than the earlier and each one having very low alpha value. It makes this way an impression of a single marker with a nice fading effect.

any chance of an ACE version? maybe someday down the road after you have it finished?

I did a script for that. It simply stacks normal circle area markers upon each other, where each marker is slightly bigger than the earlier and each one having very low alpha value. It makes this way an impression of a single marker with a nice fading effect.

Would be cool if you can post the script !

If you dont want to do this in this Thread then please send me a PM. :)

any chance of an ACE version? maybe someday down the road after you have it finished?

To be honest I've never touched ACE yet. But if it's simple enough porting it to ACE, why not.

Would be cool if you can post the script !

If you dont want to do this in this Thread then please send me a PM. :)

It isn't that big of a script that it needs its own thread in my opinion but I could send it to you via pm later. ;)

Instead I could release a much more complicated script in a separate thread at some point. It's an "At Ease" script for an AI group. The script shares the AI group into smaller subgroups (still the group maintained intact) which roam the surrounding area and occasionally stop for a chat. When the group is engaged by an enemy the scipt is cancelled and the group falls back into formation. There's some small nice details, it works for all group sizes and the scipt can be controlled by multiple arguments. You can see a tiny glimpse of this script in action in the campaign trailer at 0:22.

Edited by King Nothing

Damn, that sounds very cool! :eek:

Definitely would like to get my hands on such a script.

It isn't that big of a script that it needs its own thread in my opinion but I could send it to you via pm later. ;)

Yeah, cool...i always wanted such area markers !

Instead I could release a much more complicated script in a separate thread at some point. It's an "At Ease" script for an AI group. The script shares the AI group into smaller subgroups (still the group maintained intact) which roam the surrounding area and occasionally stop for a chat. When the group is engaged by an enemy the scipt is cancelled and the group falls back into formation. There's some small nice details, it works for all group sizes and the scipt can be controlled by multiple arguments. You can see a tiny glimpse of this script in action in the campaign trailer at 0:22.

Please realase this script in the Editor Forum, im sure it will be usefull for many people too.

Ok, the At Ease script can be found here.

Wiggum, I sent the link to you via pm.

Thank you King Nothing !

To get back to topic:

Are there only the Russians and the NAPA in your campaign or will there be US and/or CDF units too ?

Edited by Wiggum

Are there only the Russians and the NAPA in your campaign or will there be US and/or CDF units too ?

There are only Russians vs Guerillas (NAPA)

Hey King,

Good to see you still doing missions.I remember voice acting for you in the OFP 1998 campaign.Keep up the good work.:)

Hey King,

Good to see you still doing missions.I remember voice acting for you in the OFP 1998 campaign.Keep up the good work.:)

Do you mean Revolt 1998 campaign? :D It's nice to see veteran ofp players around. Thanks for the support for this campaign and the previous one from 4-5 years back. :)

Edited by King Nothing

Do you mean Revolt 1998 campaign? :D It's nice to see veteran ofp players around. Thanks for the support for this campaign and the previous one from 4-5 years back. :)

Yup,

Still have it.Amazing that much time has passed.:D

Oh, Revolt campaign. I remember "seeing the flash" again in 2008 and played through like every available OFP campaign, it was certainly one of the best :bounce3: .

Infact I enjoyed it that much I uploaded a video at that time:

Christ, that was your's? I loved that back in the OFP days. Now I'm really excited to see what you come up with.

Thanks for the work thus far and into the future.

This looks very promising, great teaser, atmosphere and mood.

Will this campaign use any addons?

Look forward to try this soon :yay:

Laggy

Thanks to all for the positive feedback. :)

This looks very promising, great teaser, atmosphere and mood.

Will this campaign use any addons?

Look forward to try this soon :yay:

Laggy

Good question, forgot to mention it in the first post. It won't use any addons, just vanilla arma. However, suggested addons are VictorFarbaus VFTCAS (to avoid choppers colliding with trees and other ground objects) and of course your favourite sound and eye-candy addons.

If one wants to incorporate some unit addon(s), I've made it fairly easy to do this. The mission pbo contains a file named "UnitLibrary.sqf" where you just need to rename the unit class name and reset the unit specific values and you're set, except the player units. They need to be replaced in the editor since they are not spawned after the mission starts.

It won't use any addons, just vanilla arma.

:) :D :bounce3:

Thank you for that, don't understand why people are so keen on addons, even before the original game is fully explored, or even finished.

Keep up the good work!

Should ya need a voice actor in the future hit me up.Also can beta test.Looking forward to this.