Sign in to follow this  
Arma-2-Guru

Allods Online - Free to Play MMORPG

Don't know if anyone is interested in MMORPG games but this one is really cool and fun. It has pretty much the exact same interface as World of Warcraft and a lot of similar gameplay elements, the only difference is.... It's free!

Please don't start bashing me with "WoW sucks" and "It's probably crap because it's free". It is a good game and I recommend trying it out if you are an MMO or RPG fan.

Here's a link where you can sign up and download the client, have fun.

http://allods.gpotato.com/

"It's probably crap because it's free"

This. my expirences with free games have manily been bad. Because they didn't work properly on my rig, I couldn't get it right and nobody cared. So I rather pay for a game and have some support while I'm at it. And I'm not a numpty when it comes to configuring your rig or computers, but still, I prefer my games to be plug and play.

Edited by MehMan

Well, 'completely free' is only half the truth: it's one of those micropayment games (as in "free to play, but to really enjoy you have to buy all these nice bonus items"). Just check the 'item shop' on their website: "The Item Shop is a wonderful place where you can buy all sorts of cool items to enhance your gaming experience!" - it uses virtual money which you can either earn ingame by doing loads of chores - or by using your RealWorld credit card. In the end you're likely to end up paying as much (or more) as with WoW or other games with a monthly fee, if you want a comparable experience.

Edited by Daddl

Well I haven't payed a penny so far and I've got some decent gear on it. And MehMan, don't judge it before playing it man. The graphics are nice and it runs smooth as hell. They released 2 patches for it so far and everything is working fine in it, from what I've seen so far anyway.

MMORPG's are the most unfun game experiences i have had.

It's nice in the beginning when it's still new and fresh, but once you've played one MMORPG and the grind has kicked in, you've played them all.

I've played WoW for a fair while with a few buddies and it was fun because it was still new to me, and we were playing with 4 or 5 guys almost continually.

But i can stand in a field grinding through the same mobs only for so long, and since i've come to the realisation that every MMO basically offers the same gameplay i've lost all interest in them.

I've played several, including Lineage 2 (biggest grindfest of them all), Everquest 2, Guild Wars (though some will argue its not an MMO), and several others i cant remember because they are all so bland.

that flying spaceship-to ship combat looks pretty cool actually

but i have never actually played an mmo on my own. so far i have only really played everquest 2 and DDO (witch aint an mmo despite what they claim. its a tactical dungeon simulator :p).

i played with a group of my real world friends, and some of thier friends. with this group the games were really fun. quite tactical especially when tackling some tough monster quest or something.

but man a couple times we had some pick up players.... man thats a gamble. some guys are squared away and are fun to play with (and in a couple cases they became part of our group), but then there are the soup sandwiches... no need to talk about those guys...

a lot of the MMO experience is defined by who you play with. i can see playing on your own as a dry experience, but with a group of friends (real or digital) they can be great.

with that space ship thing i think it will be worth a look at least for when i get back home

also i wish i could get my mmo group into arma, the drunken gits :p

The only MMO that I could keep on playing is EVE online

Just tried it - its really like WoW. Interface, graphics, characters... it even feels the same and most controls are the same, too.

Great game.

I really liked it but I just seems I'm over my MMORPG time... But if you're looking for a free MMO - you really have to try it! :)

Thanks for backing up my point Kavoven, it's a reminder that some good things in life are free, peace out ya'll.