Sign in to follow this  
paulpjholcomb

You Know how Awesome this is?

It's freaking amazing how BIS added a new campaign and a new helicopter in the latest update! You know how many other companies do things like this for FREE? Me neither, but it's not many.

Seriously, BIS gets :ok: from me!

Yeah if you think about it BIS is one of the best companies in terms of post release support with their products.

BIS will patch Arma 2 till its almost dead perfect.

If you compare BIS to say a company like Infinityward who has a billion dollar budget and (use to) have a 200+ dev team working on Modern warfare2 BIS has put out more content and patches than they have done.

Easily say that Arma 2 will get a few more nice updates and 10+ patches.

BIS earns all my respect because their business operates with moral and commitment to their products.

Even though BIS are a small company they can work within the intimacy of the community and they know who their loyal fans are so they try to give the community as much as they can for there money, great game company.

Yeah if you think about it BIS is one of the best companies in terms of post release support with their products.

BIS will patch Arma 2 till its almost dead perfect.

Can Anyone confirm me that BIS is still working on to improve ARMA II..its been only a month that I've bought this game & is full of never ending bugs..I mean this needs to be sort out and fixed..till then its NOT Good Job Done for BIS..!!!

Use the Search function, pravinrocks4u. It's there for a reason. Try the beta patches and give feedback that isn't just "this game has too many bugs". If you were to spend time looking for those beta patches you'll find that BIS has been releasing them at least once a month, or even multiple times a week recently.

Use the Search function, pravinrocks4u. It's there for a reason. Try the beta patches and give feedback that isn't just "this game has too many bugs". If you were to spend time looking for those beta patches you'll find that BIS has been releasing them at least once a month, or even multiple times a week recently.

Thanks Pal for the info..just gone through Beta Troubleshooting, Tips, FAQs...it looks like beta patch testing is troublesome process. I did not pay for this game to test the beta patches. I want BIS to come up with full & final patch that is fully tested by them! I hope you understand my urge to play this game Bug freely!

Thanks Pal for the info..just gone through Beta Troubleshooting, Tips, FAQs...it looks like beta patch testing is troublesome process. I did not pay for this game to test the beta patches. I want BIS to come up with full & final patch that is fully tested by them! I hope you understand my urge to play this game Bug freely!

Have you installed the latest patch? All the major bugs are gone and there are only a little things left really..

There's nothing wrong with using these beta patches. You'll be missing out greatly if you don't want to use them because you're one of those people who, for one reason or another, don't use beta patches, but it's your choice.

Have you installed the latest patch? All the major bugs are gone and there are only a little things left really..

He seems to be SP only, and the official SP content for Arma 2 still has issues.

Edited by Zipper5

There's nothing wrong with using these beta patches. You'll be missing out greatly if you don't want to use them because you're one of those people who, for one reason or another, don't use beta patches, but it's your choice.

He seems to be SP only, and the official SP content for Arma 2 still has issues.

I wouldn't bother so much ...but it says you have to restart the mission..:eek:

I wouldn't bother so much ...but it says you have to restart the mission..:eek:

You got to do that with official patches to Bro.

Either way you will have to restart all your saves. ;)

You need to revert the mission your currently on - not the whole campaign. This goes for all patches.

The beta patch installs along side the official so your 1.05 game will not be tampered with. Just launch the beta shortcut (wich is created when beta installs) or the 1.05 when you want to play. All up to you, and the beta takes seconds to install with usually very good updates in it. Its not about buying the game to be a test subject - its a chance to play the updated version of the game before the official patch is out. And the beta connects MP to 1.05 and other betas so you will be able to play online without trouble.

Or stay at 1.05. Choice is yours. :) But enough of this in this thread.

Best fps on the planet!, only game i still play, it has some problems but dont we all, i used to dream of a game like this back in the day.

A big thanks goes out to everyone involved in its making

If only it were possible to program a piece of software and have it bug free. But alas if you've ever programmed before you'll understand why with thousands and thousands of line of code that make up a game that there is no way that a game/program can be T-totally bug free.

But I agree with you that it should be AS bug free as possible. The general public, with what few dollars we have now a-days, should not be the testing bed ofr buggy software.

With ALL this said and done, I love ArmA 2. Thanks Bohemia ....

Considering what they're up against, they do a dam good job.

Think about it, regular game, say, err, call of duty (dont lynch me). As long as you don't fall through the map, can kill everyone, mission keeps running, its a good game.

OFP/arma/arma2: they can make all the scripting good, good weapon balance, but 100 people will complain about the unrealistic first aid or something like that. Some people wouldn't even be satisfied by what's in ACE2, whereas others are etc. There's unlimited scope for features that make it hard to code for (also making it more impressive that they don't lose sight of the most important things to do)

But they still want your money for arrowhead :rthumb:

But they still want your money for arrowhead :rthumb:

This kind of worries me! I think OA should be available at concessional rate to existing Arma II users. BIS should release it in two formats

1) As update Or Addon to Arma II (@ low price)

2) As standalone separate Game

or they could keep things simple and just make it a stand alone game since the engine changes do not allow it to be an update or an addon. In truth, ArmA2 is an addon to Arrowhead.

I think its ok. You know, this is ArmAaaaaaaa... not Sparta and not an Call of Duty or Yet-Another-Big-FPS mainstream title. Bohemia does strive against the stream. They dont make this game too arcade and release it on 360, PS 3, Wii and an cheap copy of it for the DS just to reach a bigger audience and make the most profit of the ArmA series (they could and maybe should release arcade versions for the consoles but they dont (at the moment)).

Our MP community is not that big (compared to BIG FPS mainstream titles). I think even if Operation Arrowhead would be released as an full price title, the biggest part of the playerbase would pay for it. Bohemia seems to do everything inhouse with their (it seems) small team and do not outsource.

We need to support them whenever we can. We need them to build up a good revenue flow and to get bigger. This is a thing we, the ArmA community can do and should do.

I do not say we should pay everything for everything, but the price / performance ratio is very good here. Look at the market, there many low quality / big quantity titles being released. The products of this company are high quality / low quantity and are exact the thing we love. Of course there are things you wanna have changed or made better, but only one step at a time. Especially with that team sice and funds.

Also look at the modding possibilities. You dont like something about the game content? No problem, ArmAaaaa is more a framework than just a game. You can change it. How many games do you know that offer such possibilities?

Edited by Ginger McAle

... Bohemia does strive against the stream. ...

"Bohemia does strive against the stream.":confused::D all the rest was good stuff GingerMcAle.

It's freaking amazing how BIS added a new campaign and a new helicopter in the latest update! You know how many other companies do things like this for FREE? Me neither, but it's not many.

Seriously, BIS gets :ok: from me!

refusal to optimize the game sorts of offsets that.

lol? what makes you think theyre "refusing" to optimise the game. furthermore, what makes you think they shouldnt have the right to do whatever the hell they want with their product regardless of what anyone "demands".

refusal to optimize the game sorts of offsets that.

Yeah, I heard BIS have this red switch in their office. If they flip it, the game will be converted to 64bit, resulting in a 200% performance increase. They just totally refuse to flip it. Bastards.

Yeah, I heard BIS have this red switch in their office. If they flip it, the game will be converted to 64bit, resulting in a 200% performance increase. They just totally refuse to flip it. Bastards.

I loled

and yes i love BIS for continuing to support the game. As Mr.Dog put it anyone with any kind of development experience knows that fixing even a single bug or increasing performance can take hundreds or hours it's not as simple as some people think.

This kind of worries me! I think OA should be available at concessional rate to existing Arma II users. BIS should release it in two formats

1) As update Or Addon to Arma II (@ low price)

2) As standalone separate Game

They've already said that it will be at a reduced price (for everyone) so you get both 1) and 2). :P