Sign in to follow this  
guziczek101

new mod Iraq/Karbala looking for people?

1. In fpp view i don't see hands and i've see diferent texture of uniform.

2. Soldier do nut throw shadow of the ground

3 in middle view distance of a soldier the texture are white

1. Change the texture in the view pilot lod, and add some hands to it :)

2. Look at the 0.00 lod, 1.00 lod etc, select "named properties" window and if you see "lodnoshadow" with "1" value, the shadow isn't casted for this lod. One of the lods (a simplified one if possible) must not have this "lodnoshadow" property (delete it).

3. One of the lower lods has wrong texture path.

here is my lod's

Fire Geometry

Geometry

HitPoints

LandContact

Memory

View- Pilot

Miho,there's no need to show those.:)

With regard to issue 2:

lodl.jpg

Put "lodnoshadow 1" into all Resolution lods that should have no shadow.

In the resolution lod that you want the shadow to be cast from,enter

"lodnoshadow 0".Or don't make any entry.

The facecount must not exceed 500.Otherwise the shadow will not be cast.

Hi!

Recently we've updated Miho's units. Now almost all LODs are done, we have second type of vest (Polish woodland camo - used also in Iraq) and better textures. From now on we'll be adding more equipment on the models - like watches, short sleeves, boonie hats etc. We're also doing P-83 model, first screens of alpha version soon (along with some old WIP screens).

Here you can see our soldiers in Buldozer:

polsol6.th.jpg

More screenshots on our page!

Hi we already finish work on the custom AK for polish spec units (model thanks to SJB) we are planning release as a Demo of our work.

Hi all. Today we presents some of WIP screens from the game.

dxdshot1279346808.th.jpg

dxdshot1279347588.th.jpg

dxdshot1279347603.th.jpg

dxdshot1279347742.th.jpg

The internal demo will be soon avalaible. The demo will be includes:

Weapons - assault rifles (kbk wz.96, skbk wz.96, kbk AKMS), machingun UKM-2000, side arm weapon wanad wz.83)

Soldiers (3 models)

and

Honker (military vehicle)

Edited by miho

i hope you guys intend to upload this soon, can i get an update or possibly a release time?

The internal demo will be soon avalaible.

OK, this was supposed to be a suprise, but now... Internal demo is INTERNAL demo, and you won't see it. But don't worry, in August we'll release Karbala 2004 Mod Mini-Demo that'll include more stuff. Anyway what we've done are weapons (still having some issues with them, weapons on screenshots are done by OFPL, not us), soldiers (3 models - but these are base-models that'll be modified - we're adding more stuff to them) and music. We've also Honker model, but it needs better textures. I can't tell you more, it is still a suprise.

Remember that highest-quality informations about our mod you can find at our page:

http://www.karbala2004.ubf.pl/

It's great to see some pics from your mod guys. Keep up the good work.

I'm incredibly eager to play the DEMO :)

Yes? So what will you say about this?

28thjul20101.th.jpg

31stjul20101.th.jpg

Tarpan Honker, normal and ambulance, thanks to Vilas, objects for Karbala map - mine, of course more will come (including Karbala City Hall in final release). Also you can see older screenshots of our mod.

Little slow down in work is an effect of my laziness... Sorry. Models for signs were done some time ago (on 17th July models were finished) but I haven't had textures. So I started collecting reference material, then I started making textures for PKW-I soldiers (I haven't finished it), then I started experimenting with configs. And every team-member was waiting for me to finish this.

PS. FPDR - new smiley is awesome!

:yay:

I was thinking that will be crap from that projects but now I'm happy :)

no, no, no :) byle do przodu :)

I was thinking that will be crap from that

It's still crap! :D Too much stuff was taken from Vilas ;) But in future it will change (at least we should try to make better textures - model are very good). And still I must finish textures for Polish soldiers models, so that we'll be able to add equipment (ATM soldiers look like retextured WW4 - which they are, but they should look like Polish soldiers...).

Alleluja i do przodu! :D

please enlist to my forum, cause WIST 94 and etc. can be ported to OFP (i believe)

probably cause of polycount and engine limits - it is impossible to help in full way, OFP as engine probably won't hold even 20% of Arma, but... maybe

WIST 94, PM84/98 should work here

Will the mod also have an enemy?

Let me think... Yes?

Of course it will have terrorists (and campaign about defending City Hall in Karbala), but it will take time. But if everything will go allright then in mini-demo you'll see first Iraqi rebels.

We are still looking for talented 2D and 3D artists, who could help us! If somebody is willing to help then send me a pm, or e-mail here: karbala2004mod<at>gmail<dot>com

In demo version probably no :(

But it will be a few toys to fun. ;)

NjcoFf9u-6k

Looks really good. Keep up the good work!

And by the way ... If this mod will be mainly concentrating on City Hall of Karbalah fights and I thought that a addon of Bulgarian soldier should be made as well. You know, a single grunt with AK rifle and BRDM2 with Bulgarian markings. According to real events Bulgarians also fought very hard, arm to arm with Poles and their BRDM eliminated many attackers with its 12.7 HMG. Please, do not forget about Bulgarians ;)

And by the way ... If this mod will be mainly concentrating on City Hall of Karbalah fights and I thought that a addon of Bulgarian soldier should be made as well. You know, a single grunt with AK rifle and BRDM2 with Bulgarian markings. According to real events Bulgarians also fought very hard, arm to arm with Poles and their BRDM eliminated many attackers with its 12.7 HMG. Please, do not forget about Bulgarians ;)

We know, and we remeber about Bulgarians :) Although, they surely won't appear in mini-demo.

OK, another WIP report.

We're finishing PKW-I soldiers - at the moment we can say that 75% of equipment is done, although we still need some textures. We're polishing config files for all addons, and we're adding new optics to PWP - but we have problems with binarizing - some models are lost after binarizing... Bielow is working not only on Demo Island but also on maps to final release, objects are being slowly made, and our cooperation with Vilas is getting tighter, big thanks for all his efforts to make Karbala Mod better!

I saw a few screens from Bielow map's. Ih he will don't have any objection I will release it when we finish textures our islands. Who is else working on mod? You,Bielow and Vilas only ? :confused:

Sudayev - Please, do not forget about Bulgarians

Maybe You could help them instead of talking about with Your wishes :/ żenada.

Edited by G44

@Nimravus

It will be a few our Weapons and modified pack of Vilas weapons. Ak-s, Beryls etc

bielow, what about OFPL weapons? They are pretty cool, I think :)

And what your weapons did you make?

Edited by Nimravus