Sign in to follow this  
Z.agge

Respawning in SP

Hey! I was wondering, how is it possible to make player respawn after being killed in single player. Is it simply done in description.ext or do I need some kind of a complicated script? Thanks in advance 8)

If you just running in the editor just make the units playable.

Yeah, but that doesn't spawn the certain unit I was playing with. I'm looking for something cimilar to Evolution or Warfare missions respawning system

Not possible, at least not in a simple manner. Once you are completely dead in SP your only options are to restart/revert or team switch. You'd have to try script some kind of script with a handleDamage event handler or something, which will prevent you from actually dying and will instead respawn you.

Yeah... I thought about that too. Thanks! Maybe I'll come up with something 8)

You could just play the SP mission as multiplayer on lan, thats what i do when i want respawn.

Use Norrins REVIVE Script - Modified for SP.

Is that easy to setup if playing Opfor, or is there a bit of tweaking to do in the scripts?

Is that easy to setup if playing Opfor, or is there a bit of tweaking to do in the scripts?

If I can do it then ANYONE CAN!!! ;)

If I can do it then ANYONE CAN!!! ;)

Ahaha ok maybe ill look at it again

I'm using Norrins Revive for SP in Arrowhead and I can't get respawn to work.

The revive works - I can revive ppl and the AI revive me and each other, that part is sweet.

When my own 'death' counter counts down to zero, I get some text say "timer exceeded. Choose a respawn point" except there are no respawn points available.

I've read the instructions to the letter but I think those instructions were written for MPlayer. What should the marker be called to provide a single respawn in single player mode?

Which part of the script needs to be changed to reflect this marker name? Thx.

init a script "resplayer.sqf",(P1 is player in above script)

waitUntil {!alive P1;};

_type CreateUnit [getMarkerPos"WRes",Grp0,"selectplayer this;P1=this;nul=[this]execVM'resplayer.sqf';",1,"Sergant"];

That's OK.