Sign in to follow this  
sbsmac

ArmA2 FPS analyser - benchmarking tool

and another round of suggestions

1. add -maxmem= commandline paramer

range 256 to 2047 now , because now it starts to play bigger role than before

i updated it's description on BIKI http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma2:_Startup_Parameters#Performance

2. add -nosound commandline parameter

helps to determine how big/neglible is CPU hit caused by sound processing

(plays bigger role for future with OA)

3. add -window commandline parameter

to test differences between windowed and fullscreen mode

well that's enough for this round :bounce3:

>1. add -maxmem= commandline paramer

range 256 to 2047 now , because now it starts to play bigger role than before

What's a sensible set of values - ["unassigned",256,512,1024,2047] ? Or should it increase in steps of 256 ?

2. add -nosound commandline parameter

Easy to add.

3. add -window commandline parameter

Relevant values in the cfg file seem to be:-

winX=271;

winX=271;

winY=233;

winW=800;

winH=600;

winDefW=800;

winDefH=600;

WinX/Y are position and therefore not likely to affect performance. I'm not sure of the difference between WinW/H and WinDefW/H ? Should these always match ? And what is the relationship between these and Resolution_W/H and Render_W/H ?

steps of 256 should be fine (eight values)

position, size of window and 3D rendered size

Ok so to be clear,

winW/H are read instead of Resolution_W/H when Windowed==1

winDefW/H are read instead of Render_W/H when Windowed==1 ?

New version (application will auto-update) supports -maxmem and -nosound. I haven't yet implemented windowed mode because still a little unsure about the interaction between values in the cfg file and command-line parameters.

Is this still being updated? When I try to run the setup.exe it just start the FPS analyzer but doesn't install anywhere (but it runs), and the window looks different than the screenshot in the OP. Then after running a benchmark none of the data shows up in FPSanalyzer. Does this work with OA?

FPSAnalyser uses ClickOnce deployment which means it installs into a bit of a strange location (can't remember where but you can always search for it if need be). It will then turn up in the start-menu under Macs Tools->ArmAFPSAnalyser.

>Does it work with OA

Not at the moment since it is hardcoded to use the Arma executable. I may at some point update it to do so for my own use (in which case everyone will get an update) but I'm afraid it's not a priority.

Mac, you're not coincidentally lurking somewhere around and just wait for someone to write this? If yes, can you make the FPSAnalyzer work with OA?

Pretty please. :D

I love this tool....... VERY useful. However, what would be great is something that tacks onto a mission (and records/analyses FPS) based on scripts that are running. Is that even possible ?

@Sgt-Chippuh

Please do not dig up old and inactive threads when you have nothing significant to add to a thread. You obviously have not cause you have a request and for that you should use the sticky Arma 3 addon request which you can find in the Arma 3 forum section.

Please do not dig up old and inactive threads when you have nothing significant to add to a thread. You obviously have not cause you have a request and for that you should use the sticky Arma 3 addon request which you can find in the Arma 3 forum section.

§10) Do not dig up old threads

Threads older than 4 months should not be dug up unless something significant is being added. If in doubt as to what is "significant", contact a moderator and they will give you their opinion. As always old threads will remain open or be closed at the moderator's discretion. Digging up an old thread simply to ask "any news" is also not acceptable, PM the thread starter or mod leader to ask.

Forum rules

For Arma 3 addon requests please use this thread

- Arma 3 Addon request thread (also to be used when searching for a specific addon!)