Sign in to follow this  
shezan74

World tools 1.0 released

How does one save an existing project? I've tried several extensions and no extensions at all, WorldTools seems to be saving it but no file is ever created?

Yes, this issue has been reported by some users.

It's a serialization issue that happens with big 32 bit images.

I'm actually working on it. One workaround seems to be use 16 bit or 8 bit images for masks.

sorry for this

Hi shezan!

Thx a lot for this really great tool:yay:!

I too have the problem of beeing not able to save projects. Despite your comment of using 8bit images this doesn´t solve the problem for me.

I tried different map-sizes (5120 and 2560pix), different file-formats (gif & bmp) with down to 4 bit depth, no chance to save a project sucessfully.

I allways get error-msg: "Error while saving project. Allgemeiner Fehler in GDI+." (= something like "General Error in GDI+." :confused:

Any tips what I´m doing wrong?

regards

Laminator

Did you have the latest version of the tool? you can get it on the bottom line of my signature.

If yes, please send me the error log of the application.

In Windows 7 should be there:

C:\Users\ <user> \AppData\Local\ArmaGenerator\Logs

hey shezan

could u please explain how the hell i use the fence generator ??

it would realy help me allot cause my map is huge and i need many fences wich i dont like to place by hand map size 40960x40960 square size sat image 20480x20480

isnt there a tutorial how to do that ??

well...

the fence generator is pretty simple to use and there is an online manual that provides some hints.

Basically you need a 5120x5120 terrain image (you can reduce the original satmask to this resolution, that is pretty enough).

You can also split your main image into 4 5120x5120 frames and use the "offset" to define what is the chunk you're using.

1 2

3 4

chunk placed in (1)

Offset X = 0

Offset Y = 5120

chunk placed in (2)

Offset X = 5120

Offset Y = 5120

chunk placed in (3)

Offset X = 0

Offset Y = 0

chunk placed in (4)

Offset X = 5120

Offset Y = 0

To place objects you need to open 3 windows to make this work: "Directions", "Object Management" and "Satellite Map" and have a valid project created.

When you click and select an object into Objects window this object will become the active one in "Directions". At this point click on the map where you need to start and using the arrows in "Directions" window simply draw the fence you need.

There are many other options, like scripting complex objects and place them into the map with a single click or using function keys to switch between 2 objects (as example a fence and a gate object) and so on... all explained with my ugly englitalian into the manual (about -> Help menu)

This is only a first help, i think the application is almost intuitive, so let's try and come back if you have troubles :)

I hope I'm posting in right place, since there's 2 threads regarding this application.

I'm having a rather strange problem using World Tools with Visitor 3. I have no problem creating the .exp or even importing the object list into Visitor. However, when I launch Bulldozer to view my newly imported objects, BD crashes, giving me this message:

{error} LandGrid reference exceeded the range [1023, 1023], it is [607, 2044]

** NOTE: The "[607, 2044]" seems to be relative to the location of my cursor before launching BD. If I put it within the "1023, 1023" limit, I can view the surroundings, but if I move the camera to a point where it renders anything beyond that limit, BD will crash and give me this error message.

Any objects that I have used in the Import list will now give me this error, even if I revert to a save-file before the import. The strange thing is, that I was able use these objects at any location, before the import.

I have searched all over for a possible solution to this, but I haven't found the slightest hint to the issue I'm facing.

Here is what I have tried:

Using different sized masks for the creation of the Import-file.

Using different objects.

Using a low amount of objects to be imported.

Using a different Island project, with the same result.

My Island is currently 20480 by 20480 (2048*2048*10)

I hope that someone can help me past this obstacle :)

It might be something to do with the initial WorldTools project setup...

I've found that if you get the worldsize wrong at the WT stage, Visitor will happily import objects that are "well off the map" and only crashes at the Buldozer stage when you actually try to view...

Check your WT initial setup window - make sure it looks like this...

WT_Project_Menu.png

Make sure that "Final World size (mt)" reads "20480" (meters)

You might need to start another WT project from scratch to make sure it's all correct, but - remember - if you've made up a Forest Tools mix already, you can save your individual "colour mixes" via rightclick, then add them back in to a new project.....

B

Edited by Bushlurker

This may not be WT problem , i had with a large map and had to edit my layer size

todo this

Visitor 3, Tools >> Project Parameters. In there make sure the Texture Layers dialog's Base active is selected, then click Edit button and i think for me i had to put it 4 * size of the grid size as seen in the >PBL

Thanks for the replies!

Well I have tried doing different things in the WT setup, but always so that I have the 20480 as the size. So I've done it like 2048 with a multiplier of 10, or 5120*4. I haven't tried messing around with offset options though. The reason for this is mostly because I have to re-install Visitor from scratch to get it to work again.

I'll try using a different size in the texture layer option, even though I doubt that would solve anything, since my map will load perfectly before the use of World Tools. This also goes for manually putting in trees. The issue only arises after I use WT.

To add to that: If I delete all the objects that I imported, the map will load again.

To add to that: If I delete all the objects that I imported, the map will load again.

This definitely suggests that it's an "objects being placed beyond the map limits" problem...

Well I have tried doing different things in the WT setup, but always so that I have the 20480 as the size. So I've done it like 2048 with a multiplier of 10, or 5120*4.

The "Preview Bitmap size" is basically the size of the Mask image you'll be loading... WT can only handle images up to 5120 so that's the max size of image you can use... in this case, with a x4 multiplier to give you a 20480x20480 meter spread...

Make sure your WT mask image actually IS 5120x5120... Ignore "offsets" for now - leave them at 0:0...

The "Texture layer" thing in Visitor should be 40m x 40m, but I don't think that's the issue here... it's definitely a WT thing... try again carefully - from what I can tell you're doing the correct things, and WT does work... obviously just a simple error creeping in somewhere...

B

Well I seem to have found the issue, and to my surprise it IS actually the terrain layer size as Thromp. The surprise to me of course, is that don't see any relation between that and the grid coordinates.

After I had errors with WT, I tried mask which gave me the same error - So it couldn't be WT. Then I tried what Thromp suggested, and it worked, hehe.

I thank you for the replies Bushlurker and for the solution to my problem Thromp :)

Glad you fixed and no problem

its a well known error way back to Arma 1 i think its because of texture size vs heightmap 20480 texture and 2048 heightmap (or any combination of such , i dont think error becomes with 2048 height map and 2048 sat but thats bad detail anyway ) , but anyway thats for someone else to verify ;).

I am having a problem with A2WorldTool this morning, I am now unable to create the vegetation file at the end of process, when "Summary" windows is opening the 2 option buttons are inactive. Are you experiencing such issue ?