Sign in to follow this  
An Fiach

ArmA 2: Enhanced

So, I don't have TrackIr or a giant monitor, however I am still able to get an even more immersive experience out of the game and you can too. I'm talking about 3D people :eek:

For those that can afford it, you should probably invest in the expensive hardware in order to get the best results that you can, but I have a solution for the rest of us. Anaglyph 3D (that's the cheapo red and blue or red and green glasses)

Someone has probably done this already but I figured I'd share since I have nothing else to do this morning :p Pretty much all newer Nvidia cards have this built in and I believe ATI may also have this capability now though I am unsure about that. You can also go here http://www.iz3d.com/ and get their free anaglyph drivers. Only the Iz3d drivers are XP compatible though I believe.

Once you have the drivers, all you need is a pair of anaglyph glasses. You can find these in comic books or magazines sometimes an there are some DVDs that include a couple of paper ones. Amazon and Ebay can provide you with them at a low cost.

Make adjustments while in game to eliminate ghosting and get the clearest image. You will be amazed at what you see. It really adds a new dimension (pardon the pun) to the game.

I tried to include some screen shots but the game doesn't have a built in SS capability and as it works like an overlay Fraps and PrtScn won't work. It won't capture on video either :(

Try it out, you'll be glad you did.

Just got a pair of anaglyph cardboard glasses from one of my students last week. Will test this even though my brain is all mashed up after just some minutes using them. :D

EDIT: Started that driver, chose anaglyph but cant get anything in ARMA. How did you get your working?

Edited by Alex72

Hmm I set it to activate with hotkey and it runs a set up when you launch the game to adjust everything. If it doesn't try shift + num* it's the default.

---------- Post added at 07:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Oh and I usually have it open in my taskbar tray.

Yep tested all that. Checked if it was 64bit friendly and there is a 64bit folder so i checked the test file and it all works. Also chosed profile "ArmA" wich is ARMA2.EXE according to the program.

Tested with hotkeys and without. Chosen the anaglyph in the selection dropdown. Dont know why it doesnt want to run.

EDIT: You can have a FPS counter as well but it doesnt show in game so definatelly not kicking in for some reason. On Win7 64bit here.

Might be my old screen im on atm. Checking the diagnostic and it comes up like this:

DS texture format D16: supported

DS texture format D16 LOCKABLE: unsupported

DS texture format D24S8: supported

DS texture format D24X8: supported

DS texture format ATI DF16: unsupported

DS texture format ATI DF24: unsupported

DS texture format NVidia INTZ: supported

DS texture format NVidia RAWZ: unsupported

Surface format ATI AQBS: unsupported

Edited by Alex72

Also make sure you installed the anaglyph direct x driver and not the other types (should get the option when you install drivers)

---------- Post added at 07:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 AM ----------

Yep tested all that. Checked if it was 64bit friendly and there is a 64bit folder so i checked the test file and it all works. Also chosed profile "ArmA" wich is ARMA2.EXE according to the program.

Tested with hotkeys and without. Chosen the anaglyph in the selection dropdown. Dont know why it doesnt want to run.

hmm, I don't have a profile set.

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:57 AM ----------

h also the armma 2 profile is at the bottom of the list the top one is for arma 1

Weird. Mine says at bottom iZ3D dymanic test. No ARMA2 in that list. Then again my ARMA2.EXE is not in bohemia/ARMA2/ but in bohemia/ directly.

Seems yours detected ARMA2 in that case and failed mine. Gotta investigate some more.

Weird. Mine says at bottom iZ3D dymanic test. No ARMA2 in that list. Then again my ARMA2.EXE is not in bohemia/ARMA2/ but in bohemia/ directly.

Seems yours detected ARMA2 in that case and failed mine. Gotta investigate some more.

I have ArmA 2 on Steam & running Vista 32 also so I don't know. Sucks you are the only one to reply and you can't get it to work.

Edited by anfiach

Do you notice any FPS hit?

I'm downloading it now and checking if my notebook likes it.

Honestly I haven't looked at that yet though I am sure there is

Not working here either, no ArmA2 in the list.

Tried different settings, can't get any reaction out of it.

Will reinstall as I saw that if you install full there is ATI 3d settings.

Not working here either, no ArmA2 in the list.

Tried different settings, can't get any reaction out of it.

same here

Did get it to work on 2 other games i have that i never play lol. :D However it reminded me how messed up you feel after just 5 minutes of using these glasses.

lol some of the better ones don't have as strong filters and don't bother your eyes so much.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

Maybe it's an issue with win7 64 bit?

well, nuts :( I don't know, I had no issues at all.

3D damn I was going to suggest Voice activated commands, makes the game more whats the word im looking for....

Nice.....

But I also heard that wearing a tin foil hat helps immersion alot! :eek:

So these kind of glasses should work? I'm using nvidia card and it has the "nvidia 3d vision discover" option in drivers.

oversizeclipon.jpg

I'm already wearing glasses of my own so its a bit harder to use 3d :(

So these kind of glasses should work? I'm using nvidia card and it has the "nvidia 3d vision discover" option in drivers.

[MG]http://www.elektroni.fi/tuotekuvat/oversizeclipon.jpg[/img]

I'm already wearing glasses of my own so its a bit harder to use 3d :(

Yes those should work

Edited by Placebo

Worked well for me with windows 7 64bit. Damn compass poked me in the eye!

Edited by mrbinkels

Pretty awesome!!! The scope looked like I was actually looking down a tube not just a flat thing with a hole. It was amazing. Only problem is the loss of color :(

Yes, the loss of color is a thing, but like I said, this is the poor man's solution. Having the monitor and shutter glasses would make it truly epic.

I've tried the anaglyph too and its great to test and get an idea of what it could be like but there is no way I would invest in monitor and proper glasses for ARMA until BIS fix problems with shadows, smoke, crosshairs etc.

3D is coming to the masses soon.

I've tried the anaglyph too and its great to test and get an idea of what it could be like but there is no way I would invest in monitor and proper glasses for ARMA until BIS fix problems with shadows, smoke, crosshairs etc.

3D is coming to the masses soon.

I guess if you only play Arma 2 that makes sense, too each his own :yay: