Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2005

For anyone having the broken link problem, me and Robert Hammer have posted download links...and they are on Armaholic aswell. So download from there. :)

Btw, loving these units. Gonna make some missions on Sahrani with them! Perfect!

Thanks, Bink. You'll be served liters of vodka if you is ever in the Ukraine ;) .

why does noone give their creations gloves. practically everyone has them, and they make the model look somewhat better.

Thanks for the mirror updates guys, I've updated the main page with new mirrors that will work. Sorry about that issue, and my absence.

It's just amazing how the single add-on may be atmospheric, improve the gameplay.

- Resolved.

Edited by Binkowski
Issue resolved.

I saw Ebanks has retex'd them.

Nice Unit, I like it ,but each time when I click preview button, there is a error message: ca\weapon_e\ammoboxes\us_bag.p3d. Hope it could be fixed. Thanks for your work.

Amazing as usual, Bink! :D

But you should really change the name of the addon. U.S. Army soldiers did not start getting the ACU until around early 2006, give or take. While the ACU was developed in late 2004, it didn't start becoming fielded en masse to the U.S. Army until early 2006 and wasn't fully adopted by all major U.S. Army units (USAR and ARNG) until early 2007. Personally, I'd change it to: U.S. Infantry 2006.

But that's not really important. What is important is that this addon is great. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Amazing as usual, Bink! :D

But you should really change the name of the addon. U.S. Army soldiers did not start getting the ACU until around early 2006, give or take. While the ACU was developed in late 2004, it didn't start becoming fielded en masse to the U.S. Army until early 2006 and wasn't fully adopted by all major U.S. Army units (USAR and ARNG) until early 2007. Personally, I'd change it to: U.S. Infantry 2006.

ACU was first fielded by the US army in 2005, hence US Infantry - 2005

Given binks job history I would say he is ideally placed to know when HE first received ucp camo acu

It began being fielded in 2005 to units in Iraq and Afghanistan much like Multicam is being fielded to units in Afghanistan only which is leading to pie-bald units running around with ACU patches and MOLLE gear with multicam trousers and jackets. Hence why with these guys, much of them have BDU and DCU (god forbid..) MOLLE gear and OTV's with ACU pants.

Dear Mr.Binkowski, I download the unit from Armaholic, and very like it. But when I use it to edit mission, often got the message:" cannot open object: ca\weapons_e\ammoboxes\us_bag.p3d", I dunno the reason.

Dear Mr.Binkowski, I download the unit from Armaholic, and very like it. But when I use it to edit mission, often got the message:" cannot open object: ca\weapons_e\ammoboxes\us_bag.p3d", I dunno the reason.

Are you sure that message pertains to this AddOn? I've never encountered this yet. What other AddOns/Mods are you using?

Naw, I got that error too when first using these, albeit with a shload of other addons. I might see if I can't repro it.

EDIT - Yep, getting it while running ArmA cleanskin.

Edited by CameronMcDonald

Shit, I'll try to fix that problem before I leave. It's a proxy issue.

Shit, I'll try to fix that problem before I leave. It's a proxy issue.

Thanks, Mr. Binkowski, :yay:

It began being fielded in 2005 to units in Iraq and Afghanistan much like Multicam is being fielded to units in Afghanistan only which is leading to pie-bald units running around with ACU patches and MOLLE gear with multicam trousers and jackets. Hence why with these guys, much of them have BDU and DCU (god forbid..) MOLLE gear and OTV's with ACU pants.

Late (October) 2005. The guys there for OIF 3 (~Nov 2004-~Jan 2005) were all in DCU. Anyways, they look really good regardless.

Dunno if it has been reported already, but placing the group doesn't work. Editor places 2009 infantry instead.

None the less: Great work as usual. Thanks a lot Binkowski!

Dunno if it has been reported already, but placing the group doesn't work. Editor places 2009 infantry instead.

None the less: Great work as usual. Thanks a lot Binkowski!

That'll be because you have both 2009 and 2005 installed. The groups must share class-names. You'll either have to remove one or simply wait for Bink to have a chance to fix it.