Sign in to follow this  
sas troop

Georgian Infantry

Hello, this is my first try in texture/addon-making ever, so please don't eat me :P

I want to present you my addon of Georgian infantry ver. 0.5, a reskin of CDF-army.

Features:

- Reskin

- 4 types of infantry with 2 skins: WDL and MARPAT

- Eastern and Western weapons, as in real life

- Advanced Combat Enviroment (ACE) only, but with all features (eg. bandage of Vector Nite from the very begging

- 8 basic colour of equipment, to choose from WDL/MARPAT, Black/WDL vest, Green/WDL helmet.

- Many troops available in editor with real equipment, so (I hope) missionmakers ont have to rearm player so much manually :P

- Georgian names

Do to:

- Small config improvements

- Respawn weapons adjustment

- Wound textures

Known bugs:

Something PROBABLY sometimes goes wrong with shadows on greater distances. I think its a bug, my betatester haven't noticed - you have to tell me.

Real photos:

Soldier_Army_Georgia_news_28062007_001.jpg

ImmediateResonse450.jpg

georgian-soldier.jpg

And in-game taken:

promo1.png

promo2.png

Classlist can be found in here:

Infantry WDL Russian WPN:

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman1",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman2",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman3",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman4",

"georg_semi_prof_grenadier",

"georg_semi_prof_officer1",

"georg_semi_prof_rpg",

"georg_semi_prof_at",

"georg_semi_prof_aa",

"georg_semi_prof_mg",

"georg_semi_prof_lmg",

"georg_semi_prof_medic",

"georg_semi_prof_marksman",

"georg_semi_prof_sniper",

"georg_semi_prof_spotter",

"georg_semi_prof_snipergh",

"georg_semi_prof_tl",

"georg_semi_prof_sl",

Infantry MARPAT Russian WPN:

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman1_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman2_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman3_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman4_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_grenadier_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_officer1_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_rpg_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_at_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_aa_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_mg_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_lmg_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_medic_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_marksman_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_sniper_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_tl_marpat",

"georg_semi_prof_sl_marpat",

Infantry MARPAT US WPN:

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman1_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman2_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman3_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman4_us",

"georg_semi_prof_grenadier_us",

"georg_semi_prof_officer1_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rpg_us",

"georg_semi_prof_at_us",

"georg_semi_prof_aa_us",

"georg_semi_prof_mg_us",

"georg_semi_prof_lmg_us",

"georg_semi_prof_medic_us",

"georg_semi_prof_marksman_us",

"georg_semi_prof_sniper_us",

"georg_semi_prof_spotter_us",

"georg_semi_prof_snipergh_us", \\Ghillie

"georg_semi_prof_tl_us",

"georg_semi_prof_sl_us",

Infantry WDL US WPN:

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman1_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman2_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman3_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rifleman4_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_grenadier_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_officer1_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_rpg_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_at_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_aa_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_mg_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_lmg_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_medic_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_marksman_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_sniper_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_tl_marpat_us",

"georg_semi_prof_sl_marpat_us",

Download Link:

http://www.speedyshare.com/files/22404384/GeorgianArmy0.5.7z

ADVANCED COMBAT ENVIROMENT REQUIRED!

Credits:

- zGuba for hardcore patience and warm words.

- Aeneas2020 for getting me interesting and explaining gray-scales in his tutorial.

Hope day by day I will become better and better.

- PrzemoC for saving me a lot of time by searching georgian names.

- Tenk for betatesting.

- CGTextures for WDL pattern.

- BIS for game with endless abilities.

www.armagame.pl

Edited by SaS TrooP

Any way of getting this without ACE being required?

looking great man, thanks for the credit, you actually reminded me i need to do another vid explaining the rest of the process....either way keep up the great work.

Thx for informing us! :cool:

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

2206677.gif

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1386][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/2206677.gif][/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1386]DOWNLOAD - Georgian Army (v.0.5) - [13.7 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url][/spoiler]

Edited by Imutep

I've been waiting for a Georgian Army mod and it appears at last that my wait is now over. :D

The downside is that it requires ACE 2 (No problem for me personally, as I have it downloaded and installed, but others may not), and the textures and models need some work. A lot of work, if I may say so myself.

Other than that, this mod is fairly decent. ;)

Yeah just putting it out there, the Marpat texture could be a little bit better. It just seems...off. But great mod anyways!! :D

can you make a replacement pack? so in MP i can have the units?

OK, some answers then:

The downside is that it requires ACE 2 (No problem for me personally, as I have it downloaded and installed, but others may not), and the textures and models need some work. A lot of work, if I may say so myself.

Addon has been created for ACE from the very beginning. I don't think it will change.

About textures/models. As I said, I am rather beginner for addon-making. I will of course try to improve this addon, create some new in some time, when I will also upgrade my skills. Let me be honest: This addon could be created in around 2 days by someone much better. I needed one week (with circa. 3-5 hours per day) to get that working. And I did not changed equipment textures (ammo bags etc.), so its not work from scratch.

I have great problems with implanting stuff found in net as a texture. War with threads and fiber (I don't know how to call it - WDL was absolutely "clean", I needed to add fabric-looking layer) was absolute hardcore. Its also hard to find some good tutorials focusing on game texturing, especially because I dont like PS and use GIMP.

So, as you see, I am doing my best but need some time to improve myself.

Yeah just putting it out there, the Marpat texture could be a little bit better. It just seems...off

Can you explain more? I need to know what should I try to fix.

BTW, about MARPAT I must say I am proud of myself, cause I made it from 100x150 pixels scratch for 2048x2048 model :D

can you make a replacement pack? so in MP i can have the units?

You can simply rework the missions you want, but I will consider it in update.

I will try to release update in next week (offline for weekend), where I will add groups, fix RespawnWeapons, try to upgrade textures a little bit and maybe create replacement pack.

And I want to thank you for the feedback and news - I am happy seing people interested and forcing me to work harder and improve myself :)

Troop...if you need any help or explanation on the texture side drop me a pm.

@SaS TrooP

Is the woodland pattern your troops are supposed to wear the old american M81?

In that case I think I could be easily of help; have some nevr used textures for it;

You'd just need to adjust those to the CDF layout, since - as you can see - these were made for A1;

1_80.jpg4_3.jpg

Thank you for your help Topas, but acquiring nearly-done texture is not exactly thing I want. I rather prefer to slowly upgrade and do everything by myself, than borrow whole stuff.

I can fully respect and understand such approach;

Fingers crossed for the learning then ;)

BTW, about MARPAT I must say I am proud of myself, cause I made it from 100x150 pixels scratch for 2048x2048 model

Is it possible for you to use the default MARPAT and M81 woodland camo used in the BIS units, it'll look better and save you a lot of time to improve other things. ;)

Is it possible for you to use the default MARPAT and M81 woodland camo used in the BIS units, it'll look better and save you a lot of time to improve other things. ;)

+1

I know you said you want to do it by yourself, but it would like alot better with those textures. :)

If not, no worries. Good units regardless, they just look a little messy.

About the Marpat, it just looks off. It doesn't look like normal Marpat.

Hi

First of all, good work! Thank you very much for this addon!

.... but I have some proposals for future updates, because some things do not fully match to the real GAF.

1. Only Special Forces use the G-36K ( and in general the G-36 series )

2. Only Special Forces use the M4a1-a3 ( and in general rifles with modifications and kits )

3. Only Special units of the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Elite Counter Terrorism sections use black body armor

4262501260_c41aee75a3_o.jpg

4291090322_d4b1625c55.jpg

4261747597_c013f83d07_o.jpg

4262500158_31ab481825_o.jpg

4. The Georgian Regular Infantryman wears the ballistic ETV with an olive shape, no woodland but pockets having light camo shape.

4262497694_5c4af31a78_o.jpg

The MARPAT + Woodland vest. is only used by Special Forces. Realistic would be the following constalation: Marpat helmet/woodland helmet + olive ( not green ) vest + MARPAT/Woodland uniform.

5. Blank Helmets are actually only used by Squad Leaders, Officers Reconnaissance units, Ministry of Interior Special Police Forces and the National Guard.

I can provide you best images and infos, so that you have an excellent base.

If you are planning to also include Georgian Elite Infantry Forces( Army Battalion Elite Infantry section ) later on, than this is quite a good little doc of them.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xF3xb72Y2g&hl=de_DE&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xF3xb72Y2g&hl=de_DE&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Anyway, thanks for doing something like this. !

+1

I know you said you want to do it by yourself, but it would like alot better with those textures.

If not, no worries. Good units regardless, they just look a little messy.

About the Marpat, it just looks off. It doesn't look like normal Marpat.

The Georgian Infantry uses Georgian pattern. A mix of US MARPAT and DIGIT WOODLAND. Official GAF patter, local produced. It's almost a perfect copy imo.

Edited by CommanderYuri

Hi

The Georgian Infantry uses Georgian pattern. A mix of US MARPAT and DIGIT WOODLAND. Official GAF patter, local produced. It's almost a perfect copy imo.

Oh okay then. I wasn't sure. :)

Thanks.

And I agree with all that you said in your post, that would be great stuff.

if i can help with this mod for a information or video about georgia army i will be glad to do it (i am georgian)

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

how can i incloud in warfire mpmission this mod anyone can tell me.or do warfire mission 4 side us,russ,pla and georgia army or other?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Georgian KUD Special Forces

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Georgian SOD Special Forces

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Georgian Army 2009

Edited by otarius-big

if i can help with this mod for a information or video about georgia army i will be glad to do it (i am georgian)

---------- Post added at 01:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:00 PM ----------

how can i incloud in warfire mpmission this mod anyone can tell me.or do warfire mission 4 side us,russ,pla and georgia army or other?

---------- Post added at 01:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:03 PM ----------

Georgian KUD Special Forces

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 PM ----------

Georgian SOD Special Forces

---------- Post added at 01:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:25 PM ----------

Georgian Army 2009

Too old mate, these are vids from 2005-6. Also, KUD and SOD are units of the MIA. I am also Georgian :)

Edited by CommanderYuri

Nice work.

I'd suggest a replacement config .pbo in order to replace BIS CDF troops by the georgian ones.

This will somehow contribute into the realistic approach of the game's story.

Regards,

TB

[/color]

Nice work.

I'd suggest a replacement config .pbo in order to replace BIS CDF troops by the georgian ones.

This will somehow contribute into the realistic approach of the game's story.

Regards,

TB

Wouldn'r really fit as for armor and cars, except the T-72B addon for the CDF