Sign in to follow this  
Antichrist

Flashpoint on xbox

As an experienced console gamer I'm going to make a few observations.

1 - It's a fact that in general, the public believe the X-Box controller is too big. Thats why Microsoft plan on releasing a smaller one.

2 - There are ruomers floating about that certain (not all) X-Boxes actually scratch the disk while playing. So in effect you could ware out a game. (I dunno if this is true).

3 - Granted the X-Box controller has allot of buttons, but it will never give you the full control that a keyboard provides. So I don't believe OFP would work well.

4 - And this is just me being anti-MS. The X-Box is a console that does not come from Japan, therefor sooner or later it wil die because all the best gaming hardware comes out of Japan. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ April 19 2002,01:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1 - It's a fact that in general, the public believe the X-Box controller is too big. Thats why Microsoft plan on releasing a smaller one.<span id='postcolor'>

Who the hell thinks its too big?? Its the first game controller Ive ever used that doesnt cramp up my hands, and I dont even have particularly big hands... do I smell just another excuse to rip on Microsoft? Besides, the xbox controller kicks the shit out of the Gamecube one. I tried it the other day, and was damn near breaking the thing. But, it wasnt mine, so I didnt. And dont get me started on the Playstation 2 controller (no! dont press triangle! press square!wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ April 18 2002,06:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 - There are ruomers floating about that certain (not all) X-Boxes actually scratch the disk while playing. So in effect you could ware out a game. (I dunno if this is true).<span id='postcolor'>

so.

ive heard of this too, ive acctually seen it. My friend had an xbox and somthing went wrong with the xbox, and the xbox scratched it. Within a week they had replaced all his games his xbox, and even gave him a complamentary controller. On the other hand, one of my other friends had a playstation 2, and it scratched one of his games, and it took him nearly a month to get it straightend out, they finaly gave him a new ps2, but he had to go to each individual games manufactuer and get a refund.

I have a full, no questions asked refund on my xbox. I could through it out a window and theyd replace it.

All i can say is that it wont be nearly as good on the x-box, no matter how pumped up the resolution gets. Consoles have limited controls, limited internet capabilities, and lets not forget, how the hell are they going to update the thing?

and again, the xbox comes with full broadband capabilities. so if you are on cable or dsl you can connect to the internet to play online, i reckon they will build in an autoupdate feature so you can get patches. i doubt though that there will be patches at all for the xbox as a console game is a finished , optimized product and you dont put it out until you are sure it is perfect. with a PC you can kind of release even a premature product just to meet the deadline. i honestly cant think of a game i recently bought which i didnt have to download a patch for after installation. imho that sucks big time , but hey , i m used to it. with a console you know that the hardware will be the same no matter what thus making it a lot easier to perfect a product.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (eskimo jackson @ April 18 2002,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (deathguy @ April 19 2002,08:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2. Xbox is not cool because it's big. When I say that the controler is big, it's a faq. I have already try the joystick of the Xbox, and it's not playable.  sad.gif That is why I have not buy it and that I hate it.<span id='postcolor'>

its a faq ? do you mean : it is a fact ? *confused*

and why you 'have not buy' it is because your parents wouldnt give you the money , right ?  wink.gif

to be a little nitpick, it isnt a joystick but a thumbstick. you use them with your thumbs , not the whole hand

another thing .. right , max payne isnt fps , my bad smile.gif

take halo then , it works like a charm , easy to control<span id='postcolor'>

I mean its a fact, sorry, my bad english. tounge.gif

I have not buy it because of it's big size. I have the money to buy it. But I have prefer to buy the GameCube that is much more better.

With all of the game controler I have play, I'm use to take the controler and to use the whole hand. It give me better grip on it and get me better control of my actions in the game.

I have always prefer Nintendo more than any other console because they know what they are doing and they are not newbie like Microsoft that is trying to impresse everyone.

i expect xbox to become the more adult console. nintendo to me always has been and always will be bubble gum colors and childrens games. btw , the xbox price has just dropped to $215 US. (in europe and australia) it is goona be interesting to see how the gamecube can compete with same prices for both systems

Ok, I have always hated consoles, the only console I've like is the SNES, and Super Mario Brothers.

The last console I(10) wasted my greens on was the Dreamcast, fuck that, only good game on that console was Silent Scope and Crazy Taxi, I'd rather buy this with my money.

GEF4Ti_3D.gif

Only thing that makes teh ghey X-Box is my shittey GeForce 2 MX 400.

Right now I have this

CPU:1.2 Ghz T-Bird (Waiting for Claw-Hammer)

RAM:512mb PC-133 (Seriously when I can i'm going for 1 gig of DDR)

Harddrive: 7500rpm 27.9 Gig

Sound Card: SBLive!

Graphics Card: GeForce 2 MX 400 (I HAVE TO UPGRADE THIS, SOON!wink.gif

All this for only 1.5 grand

I dont get it. Im not a very big guy, and my hands arent huge or anything, but the Xbox controller fits me perfectly, not to mention it is much more attractive than that wierd chunk of plastic the Gamecube tries to pass off as a controller

All consoles suck! Until they give us a 15~20 keys gamepad with the mouse view thingy like the one on a MS sidewinder Dualstrike joystick with mouselook.m_perspec.gif

Well....

I was planning on buying the X-Box anyway but now its just 299 Euro and ofp comes on the X-Box!!!!!

Now im really buying it biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

FW

I think you'll be surprised when you see OFP on XBox. With the introduction of the addition features, campaigns and all upgrades, it will be well worth getting if you own Xbox. Also the price of Xbox has come down heaps in the past few weeks, in Australia today I heard it was selling for $400 AUD around $200 USD.

You have to remember not everyone has a high end PC or even a PC, at least Xbox lets more people access and experience this amazing game.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Denwad @ April 20 2002,02:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Right now I have this

CPU:1.2 Ghz T-Bird (Waiting for Claw-Hammer)

RAM:512mb PC-133 (Seriously when I can i'm going for 1 gig of DDR)

Harddrive: 7500rpm 27.9 Gig

Sound Card: SBLive!

Graphics Card: GeForce 2 MX 400 (I HAVE TO UPGRADE THIS, SOON!wink.gif

All this for only 1.5 grand<span id='postcolor'>

u paid 1.5 grand for that lol u have been ripped off (depending on what currency u have )

i got same cpu 1 gig ddr 40 gig HD sblive radeon 64meg ddr 24x plextor writer 17 inch monitor for half the price ur talking

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Seventh @ April 26 2002,01:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think you'll be surprised when you see OFP on XBox. With the introduction of the addition features, campaigns and all upgrades, it will be well worth getting if you own Xbox. Also the price of Xbox has come down heaps in the past few weeks, in Australia today I heard it was selling for $400 AUD around $200 USD.

You have to remember not everyone has a high end PC or even a PC, at least Xbox lets more people access and experience this amazing game.<span id='postcolor'>

but i'm still sticking with PC version smile.gif

better editor, easier to update. etc etc.

i got an xbox, i got a pc and ofp, and when the game comes out on xbox, ill at least try it. I mean i love BIS and ill try to support my most favorite game by at least trying it.

Yes, I have an XBox and a PC. It is true that the XBox is never and will never be as good as the PC due to the extensive scipting and editing facilities offered by the PC version, but that doesn't mean that the XBox version won't be a good game. Here are some points.

1. BIS are giving you the origional game, Resistance and all the upgrades in one package.

2. My PC is hardly top of the range (PIII 700, 128mb RAM, Geforce 256) and as a result I stick to small ops missions - see my campaign website. I look forward to the ability to play through the campaigns again with better graphpics, performance and minimum slowdown.

3. Multiplayer, both on broadband, system link and splitscreen. Halo system link is the best multiplayer game I've played so far and OFP can only improve with its wealth of options. Even split screen is a good laugh with a few mates.

4. I don't mind not having a complex mission editor - I'll leave that to the PC. But one which allows you to make small mulitplayer scenarios would be just fine or even a scenario generator like Halo.

5. Contrary to popular belief, the Xbox contoller is the best on the market at the moment. I easily got the hang of it within 10 minutes, but on my mate's PS2, it took me two hours on Unreal Tournament to even get the basics of looking around. Anybody who says that the Xbox controller couldn't handle OFP has obviously never played Halo. And no, its not too big, it fits really comfortably into my hands.

6. The command system. Lets face it, the PC command system has too many unuseful options - I've only ever used fire-teams once or twice and I've never sent anybody running East - I didn't even know the command existed up until recently. I hope that BIS will cut down the command system so it has less options but is still efficient. Ways of contolling this could be similar to the N64's Perfect Dark bot control system or even an Unreal Tournament drop down menu.

In my opinion, OFP will be a good game on the XBox, even though reviewers will probably slate it because they won't think that its fun to play. However, I will definitely be buying it.

I'm just interested in seeing how updated it will be in terms of graphics and effects. Lord knows there is some serious potential here but I guess we will see whether they take advantage of it or not.