Sign in to follow this  
That guy

Do you like the ArmA2 OA box art?

How do you like the current box art for OA? (EU/US)  

254 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the current box art for OA? (EU/US)

• I like it!
    • Its alright
    • Neutral
    • could be worse
    • I hate it!

I fancy an entirely white cover with an excellent game inside above a game with a beautiful cover but with an horrible game in it. Therefore, I don't really care.

Anyway, If I would judge completely on the cover itself, it might be a bit over the top indeed. But, whether it is or whether it isn't, it's the content that matters:)

Couldn't vote, no option for "I couldn't care less".

There is no such option, because people who really don't care, don't feel the urge to vote in this thread...

I don't particulary like it, too. That screaming guy looks weird. The cover should have been classier.

:)

I fancy an entirely white cover with an excellent game inside above a game with a beautiful cover but with an horrible game in it. Therefore, I don't really care.

g41781p4y1i.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

There is no such option, because people who really don't care, don't feel the urge to vote in this thread...

I don't particulary like it, too. That screaming guy looks weird. The cover should have been classier.

:)

Well if the poll had an option 'i couldn't care less' (instead of neutral) i would of voted that.

Why, simply because i don't care about the cover.

A 'good' cover (but who decides what is good and not) might be important for new gamers that don't know about ArmA or those who are into fance covers.

But i know BIS products since years, so i couldn't care less about its cover.

Your other opinion about people who don't care and shouldn't be here is naive imho. Imho, this is a meaning less pole...

Instead of wasting BIS webspace, go contact and outpole the publishers. If not mistaken it is up to them to make the cover and BIS don't have much input on that. But i could be mistaken.

Just my opinion.

(Offtopic: I wish on the upcomming elections in my country there would be also an option to vote: I couldn't care less.

But for complete different reasons offcourse...).

Edited by DaSquade

I agree with DaSquade, i couldnt care less either. I'll get it through the post and it'll be out of its box, in the drive and running. I'm not going to sit licking the cover or have deep meaningful thoughts about it as I'll kinda be busy..playing the game :)

honestly the box art aint for us, the dedicated fans. BIS have already sold us our copy. they could (as some one said) pink ponys and cocaine on the cover and we would buy it.

alright, heres another one.

put your self into the shoes of some one who knows nothing about arma or OA. how would you react if you saw the official cover (Mr screamy) vrs EricMs cover (UCP box) sitting on a store shelf?

would you pick up the box to look at it? what do the visuals of both boxes convey to you about the content of the game?

put your self into the shoes of some one who knows nothing about arma or OA.

how would you react if you saw the official cover (Mr screamy) [...] sitting on a store shelf?

This:

OMG it´s teh CoD7 rlsd wuuuuuuuuh!!

Just to go home and finding out the game is something totally different :D

Well I bought Red hammer gold upgrade, Armed Assault "505" and ArmA: Queens Gambit "505" despite of their ugly box art ... So I guess I don't mind.

alright, heres another one.

put your self into the shoes of some one who knows nothing about arma or OA. how would you react if you saw the official cover (Mr screamy) vrs EricMs cover (UCP box) sitting on a store shelf?

Depends on who's looking at the cover, younger persons would say cool and they are probably the main age range that actually goes into a store looking at covers.

More mature people would probably look at the cover and smile but they most likely already know what OA is about and a stupid cover won't stop them.

You guys do realise that "couldn't care less" and "neutral" are synonymous?

Personally I don't think the new cover looks as cool or authentic as the OFP or Resistance covers. As long as it grabs peoples attention though...

Won't mind as long as they don't use that pic in Steam. But alas, BIS hates Steam users so they'll probably do it out of spite.

Won't mind as long as they don't use that pic in Steam. But alas, BIS hates Steam users so they'll probably do it out of spite.

Yes, BIS hates steam users. They hope you all get herpes.

Can we make a poll about That guy being tacky, and shamelessly in your face attention grabbing stupid and reflects poorly on the community?

Although I don't think it's as bad as most people make it sound like.

I do hate the little imperfections in it. The double focus, both on the soldier and on the vehicle on the background while the middle soldier is out of focus. And the lighting being wrong on either the soldiers, the vehicle or the background.

If they choose to change it I do hope they will have the guy doing that take the 5 secs. extra to focus and un-focus the correct stuff.

Could be better but its "alright". Not my biggest issues in the world tbh. People have no home or food and we bother our minds with these kind of things lol. :)

Don't like it at all. If he had his mouth shut it might have been alright. But..

1. It's probably too late to change it.

2. It's up to the publisher to decide how the box will look like, id est not BI.

And 3.

at the end of the day it's a box...i only care about the contents within..
Edited by colossus

What do you mean BIS hate Steam users? :confused:

at the end of the day it's a box...i only care about the contents within..

I think they were to redo it, should have a guy in full ACU get up with a fully pimped out US rifle looking straight at the camera. Same as the old BIS covers.

Dirty, authentic gear. Simple arrangement. You can let the back of the box do the extra detail.

http://www.mobygames.com/images/covers/large/1021493838-00.jpg

Iconic.

Or maybe crazy shouty people sell games... http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/f8/Tom_Clancy's_Ghost_Recon_2.jpg

Edited by Daniel

Well if the poll had an option 'i couldn't care less' (instead of neutral) i would of voted that.

Why, simply because i don't care about the cover.

A 'good' cover (but who decides what is good and not) might be important for new gamers that don't know about ArmA or those who are into fance covers.

But i know BIS products since years, so i couldn't care less about its cover.

Your other opinion about people who don't care and shouldn't be here is naive imho. Imho, this is a meaning less pole...

Instead of wasting BIS webspace, go contact and outpole the publishers. If not mistaken it is up to them to make the cover and BIS don't have much input on that. But i could be mistaken.

Just my opinion.

(Offtopic: I wish on the upcomming elections in my country there would be also an option to vote: I couldn't care less.

But for complete different reasons offcourse...).

When talking about a specific thing, there are two time independent (at least over a period of a couple of years) groups of people: The ones who care (who can have positive, negative or mixed opinions) and the ones who don't. However, in the time dependent category (which I would call dishonest) there can be combinations such as:

-the ones who care when the majority likes it but say they don't when it's the other way around (although they feel the same way)

- the ones who care when the majority hates it and vv.

I am interested whether you would hold your current ground or join the praise if the cover turned out to be excellent. That's what my opinion in the previous post was all about.

(Offtopic: As for the politicians I have a similar opinion as Georgie...

)