Sign in to follow this  
That guy

Do you like the ArmA2 OA box art?

How do you like the current box art for OA? (EU/US)  

254 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the current box art for OA? (EU/US)

• I like it!
    • Its alright
    • Neutral
    • could be worse
    • I hate it!

Did you notice that the fashion model's rifle even is on safe mode? ;)

72186236.jpg

colt-m4-parts-09.jpg

I think it's just fine and find it silly people are up-in-arms about it.

the cover sucks indeed.

to all those who say it wont stop people from buying the game, i can only agree as far as the people already on the forums and who know the game already.

It's not a particularly popular game and such a lame cover doesn't tempt you at all.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98818 is so much better and the guy who made it made it for free, i mean they should fire whoever did the box art and whoever decided it was good..

this said i have steam, but having seen ericm's cover makes me wanna try to copy the installation folder right into a dvd for the hell of it, though i'm not sure it would work when copying it back to another pc.

Ok, so the box art isn't designed "for us", so for us it shouldn't really matter. We know what the deal is. But for the new guy in the store looking for a certain kind of games, would he be more interested in "a guy with a gun, looking like a wargame or shooter", or "some kind of advanced monochromatic tetris or other puzzle"?

With no disrespect to the creator of the alternative you propose, there isn't really anything in that image telling the unknown what this actually is. Many guys probably don't even know what a "digital pattern" is. How does that image make them want to pick up that box and examine it?

I'll probably just make my own cover. It's unfortunate that the current one has great potential to be appealing, but the flaws overpower it.

LOL that guy looks so badass with his rifle on safety. :p

I will make my own as well,

Full physics engine

64bit support

Full mod support

Hilarious Voice acting

Placebo as a playable character.

Arma 2 the game that will make codemasters cry with pain....

:D

Edited by Flash Thunder

All I can say is that at least they are concentrating on the main part and that's the game..... :rolleyes:

The cover will end up on the shelf like all my other BIS games gathering dust.... the best part is sitting in my DVD ROM which will stay for another few years. :D

Like the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover"

I think it looks just awesome as the one I've just made in 2 mins:

bfqufq.jpg

:biggrin:

Don't mess with this guy, he is Heavy and Armed.. I mean heavily armed! Heavily Armed!!!

I couldn't care less, because I know what I'm up to. In anyway the box will stay on the shelve once purchased, it's not the cover art what I'm after.:D

In any case it's a matter of personal taste.

kind regards

p.s. love the cover art above.

Edited by nettrucker

As I said before, the weapon on the cover of Operation Arrowhead has its dust cover closed. Well, at least it's not as bad as that other game, where the cover showed shell casings being ejected from a weapon with its dust cover closed. It appears that the laws of physics don't apply in the latter case, I suppose.

Rak's pic actually reminds me of Advanced Warfighter lol.

More like Advanced Foodeater.

Edited by Laqueesha

As I said before, the firing mode of the weapon on the cover of Operation Arrowhead is actually on the safe position. Well, at least it's not as bad as that other game, where the cover showed shell casings being ejected from a weapon with its dust cover closed. It appears that the laws of physics don't apply in the latter case, I suppose.

More like Advanced Foodeater.

You made my day. Wow I LOL'ed so hard . . . I nearly chocked.:D

In any case I think we are exaggerating a bit here. I don't think that people will be turned of buying the game, just because the weapon on the cover is on safe position and honestly said I doubt that somebody will recognize it at a first glance unless somebody points you in that direction. It is barely noticeable.

Just my 2 cents.

kind regards

You made my day. Wow I LOL'ed so hard.

No problem. :D

I don't think that people will be turned of buying the game, just because the weapon on the cover is on safe position and honestly said I doubt that somebody will recognize it at a first glance unless somebody points you in that direction. It is barely noticeable.

You're right to a point. But still, there is no excuse for shell casings coming out of a weapon with its dust cover closed, I mean, this is basic stuff and of course the developers of that other game should've known that. ;)

If people won't like the front cover , they will look on the back , and see some of the interesting features , if they are not decided on the spot , they will look it up on the net .

I to am not a big fan of the current boxart , but since it's only a small part of OA product ... I got over it and I suggest the rest of you get over it to . :)

If people won't like the front cover , they will look on the back, and see some of the interesting features, if they are not decided on the spot, they will look it up on the net.

I to am not a big fan of the current boxart, but since it's only a small part of OA product. I got over it and I suggest the rest of you get over it to.

Not much help in some games; Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2 barely have any important information on the back cover. Just some circle-jerk by video game reviewers. If I wanted to see video game reviews, I'd go on the internet or read a magazine. Tell me what the game is about; basic information damn it! :D

Neutral. If someone will make up their mind about buying the game based on the cover art, so be it. I won't. :)

But it's been said a couple of times, cover art isn't aimed at us, we all know we will buy it regardless. :D

Like BIS has anything to do with box art. Blame the marketing :)

And yes, the cover sucks. But it could be worse (and I believe US version IS just that with american flag behind that screaming soldier with his rifle on safe!)

Operation Flashpoint had great cover art even though M16 with aimpoint scope did not exist in vanilla game.

That is odd, i thought this topic would be on fire with the german cover that is released (if officially):

51sg15%2BtQ8L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

In case you want to see it in bigger format, i screenpasted them in photoshop:

http://users.telenet.be/EEChome/OA_germany.jpg

*Now there is an alternative if you really don't like the US version :p .

Except for the US flag in the COmbined arms, both are really nice.