Sign in to follow this  
That guy

Do you like the ArmA2 OA box art?

How do you like the current box art for OA? (EU/US)  

254 members have voted

1. 1. How do you like the current box art for OA? (EU/US)

• I like it!
    • Its alright
    • Neutral
    • could be worse
    • I hate it!

Due to the large negative reaction in the OA coverage thread over the OA box art, what do you think about the art?

Do you like it?

Do you hate it?

explain why

I personally think the cover is tacky, and shamelessly in your face attention grabbing stupid, and reflects poorly on the product BIS has made

I decided to make this thread so that we may have a place to discuss the box art with out annoying every body by clogging the OA discussion thread with rants and raves.

A2OAdvd_s.jpg

for those of you who may be unaware, this is the EU/world cover. the US cover is largely the same except it features a large American flag in the background

Edited by That guy

I liked the first one on the website better.

The one with the American Flag is really tacky, and I liked some of the ACU and Marpat covers that the community has made up.

Especially the one with Placebo's avatar on the back cover. :)

I really dislike the screaming guy and the fact that the weapon\equips\uniform is utterly clean. War isnt clean.

The A2 cover was nice, more sober. Something like that would be better.

I will buy it anyway...

Also, what will be the box for the A2+OA bundle? Just a black box with nothing more than ARMA 2 Gold\Whatever logo would be uber.

PS: Back Cover + "A Man With Hat" = WIN!

I can't wait for the game to come out so people can promptly forget about the cover.

Also I'd quite like to play it.

Man, could we get off the subject of the box art? It's not going to change any time soon, and it's the game that matters, not the fancy cover. If you dislike it that much then just download these covers and replace it, if you must.

I kind of like it but I never seen his mouth wide open like that in ArmA either lol..

But I'm more concerned about the inside and it's DVD!:D

Man, could we get off the subject of the box art? It's not going to change any time soon, and it's the game that matters, not the fancy cover. If you dislike it that much then just download these covers and replace it, if you must.

If I was a good photoshopper I would make one.

It would look like Dragon craps cover, except it would say arma 2 operation arrowhead instead of dragon crap.

Copypasta FTW!

PS: Dont forget everyone theres a demo "coming soon"! :yay:

Man, could we get off the subject of the box art? It's not going to change any time soon, and it's the game that matters, not the fancy cover.

Yeah man, its whats inside that counts. Mmkay:cool:

It could be pink for all I care.

Please leave the horse alone.

Question: what size of paper are covers for DVD cases like Arrowhead's usually printed on? I ask because I'm going to replace mine with EricM's ACU cover. Thanks.

Boxart doesn't for me sell games, and I never really look at it. So whatever, except don't let it turn into this regarding distributors...

Who of you people who hate the cover are not going to buy the game because of it?

Who of you would not pick a game with this cover up and look at the back, if you saw it in the store, and did not know about the ArmA series at all?

Box art serves more than one purpose, and it makes no sense at all to sacrifice effective point of sale advertising, just to satisfy the demands of ArmA series fans who will likely buy the game regardless of what the cover looks like. Box art like this tends to be carefully thought out and tailor made for various markets. There is nothing about the current design that suggests to me that it will not be effective at generating sales. Could the design be better? Sure, anything can be improved, but it should be enough to do its jobs.

I don't collect boxes. I use Steam.

..but this artwork is just terrible ^_^

I think its ok, not really bothered what it looks like because im only going to look at it once to take the cd out lol.

I guess they want it to grab your attention when its on the shelve in the shop, for this I think it looks ok

Where's the option: I really don't care about the cover, i care about the data on the disc!

I don't pick or judge a game by it's box art... wanting things badly because they're all colorful, that was a phase that I've been through even before elementary school.

I can't think of a single game I bought because the cover was catching my attention, before I buy a game I will have read a review, played the demo, had it recommended by a friend, else not buy the game at all.

I am not a marketing expert but it would seem to me in order to show "action" on a 2d piece of paper one would need to convey that by more than a guy in uniform holding a weapon, i.e. yelling while pointing or something. IMO this is about marketing and since we are on this board already BIS is not marketing to us.

I noticed the hoo-ha about this box art but haven't seen it until this thread as I didn't really bother to search for it.

Its a funny cover, kind of a contradiction shot. Nice clean lights, angry man, silent weapon .. brilliant.

I think what the art portrays is "Sh*t the AI has detected me AGAIN, even using stealth & mods ... ARRRRGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

The Modded covers just released crap on this from a large height indeed.

Will it stop people buying it, no I dont think so ... steam people wont care and the footage of it will do the rest. That Terrorist Takedown box art was so funny!

In the case of games from City Interactive, you certainly can judge their books from their covers... :butbut:

Its alright but way more professional than the community covers because

it does do the job of promotion.

It does transmit an urgent feel etc.

I couldn't care less about the cover. I really had no idea about it until this thread. I'll buy it, install it, and promptly put the cover on a shelf and will probably only ever see it again when I put the DVD back in it after the disk drive check has been patched out :)

Couldn't vote, no option for "I couldn't care less".

Couldn't vote, no option for "I couldn't care less".

In the same boat here...couldn't care less.