Sign in to follow this  

Are there any mission creating tutorials or "thingies" out there to guide me through mission building? I printed the tutorial from the OPF CD--it has Part 1 through Part 4. It was very brief.

I downloaded the gunslinger addon to get whatever benefits it provides. Not sure what it does.

I figured some stuff out by common sense and trial by error.

Are there any more detailed mission building guides out there on OPF sites..etc?

BTW, this mission builder is a lot more user friendly than that hell of a Delta Force editor.

Help.

Where the freck do I go to find out the commands for the box: "ON ACTIVATION" in the trigger tab?

I am trying to make a trigger but I have no idea what the commands are. I fiddled with it last night until I gave up and threw a chair across the room. <evil grin>

I see something called comref.zip (36 KB). Is this what I need?

Lady Avon talks about the manuals below. Is that what I need too?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Sure. BIS has produced an official OFP Scripting Command Reference Manual. You can view it online (an XML supporting browser is required) or download a copy from BIS' editing documents page.

A similar guide is available from Merciless Creations in PDF format, at FilePlanet.

Merciless Creations has also made available a 300+ pages long OFP Mission Editor Reference Manual, in PDF format, as at FilePlanet.

If you want to spend some money, you can buy "Operation Flashpoint - Making Missions", a new HTML help file software book available at Amazon.com. However, with all the free materials mentioned above, why bother?!

<span id='postcolor'>

ok...how do you assign a variable name to a group? I have placed a group (8 man squad) and want to give it a single variable name.

It appears that I have to assign a separate variable to each unit (each man) and that I cannot assign one variable to the whole squad (group). Is that right?

I printed out that 300-page manual. It's about 2.5" thick.

Double click the leader of the group, and in the initialization field write "group1 = group this" Group1 would be the name of the group.

It's the person with the highest rank. I think that if all of them have the same rank, the leader will be the first one you put down.