Sign in to follow this  
bavvo

Squad commands not working - OFP GOTY 1.96

I have reinstalled OFP on my new pc, but am finding it buggy. When I am squad commander I find after I issue a few squad commands, they stop working. Usually after 4 - 5 commands it just seems to get stuck, and after that I can't control the squad anymore. If I quit the mission and resume, sometimes they acknowledge and obey the last command I issued, but then I still can't issue any more.

Anyone seen this before?

No I didn't, OFP must work fine, I have GOTY 1.96 too and didn't notice anything!

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by getting stuck, but ordering them to return to formation (1 Move -> 1 Return to Formation) makes them follow you again. Perhaps that's the solution to your problem.

well, I found out the cause, but no solution. The problem came down to my sound card. I have a Xonar D2X, and when this soundcard is in use it causes the problems. When I disabled the soundcard and enabled the motherboard onboard card, I could run normally, so for now I have done that. Trouble is, the onboard sound is rubbish and doesn't have surround sound or a digital output.

What the exact cause is I am not sure. But it seems to be that as you issue commands to your squad, it fills an audio buffer, which seems to 'stall', so it might get halfway through a command and then pause. Since the audio for the command is never finished, the game seems to think the command has not been issued and so won't progress, or let you issue any further commands.

I'd like to know if anyone has encountered this with this or another soundcard, or if anyone has any ideas for a fix.

Finally got this fixed with a firmware and driver update from ASUS. All working again.