Sign in to follow this  
Blake

Petition for ArmA2 WW2 Expansion

Do you want WW2 Expansion for ArmA 2?  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want WW2 Expansion for ArmA 2?

• Yes.
    • No, make expansion covering some other era.

Carrier Command is already spawning out of ArmA 2 engine. I would like to see something similiar happen in the form of WW2 game/expansion or why, not Vietnam or whatever. Maybe not done by BI, but by licensing the engine to third party. Heck, I'd like to see Hidden & Dangerous 3 made out of Real Virtuality 3 engine by those poor fellow Czechmen sacked after Hidden & Dangerous 2.

Possilbilities are many and varied.

But anyway new engine for GAME X or whatever it will be called is years away and I'm sure core BI programming team is already working hard on it. Making expansions on current/improved engine is *I presume* cost effective and provides work for artists an modellers & constant cash flow to the company.

In the end, much probably depends on how well OA sells.

I voted no. I can think of dozens of other things I'd rather BIS did.

Same as (won't let me +1) :D

WW2 or vietnam expansion would be great. And I really like to see 3rd party made expansions. Illusion softworks gave their engine to Pterodon which led to one of the best games ever - Vietcong.

I'm gonna say yeah, I would like to see it done properly because I think that's the era that best fits the engine.

Can't see BIS making it, but I think Blake's got some great points. Hope they are considered. Anything that gives BIS more revenue and us more games is a good thing. :)

Voted yes, but I think that Arma-engine doesnt fit WW2 too good. Trench and foxholes is just something that Arma cant cope... maybe in Arma3 :bounce3:

No, WW2 is over!

ArmA2 and OA are here and now.

I have no interest in simulating the past, in fact i dont like the idea of recreating any real conflict in a game.

No, WW2 is over!

ArmA2 and OA are here and now.

I have no interest in simulating the past, in fact i dont like the idea of recreating any real conflict in a game.

It could be a fictional battle. Like in CWC.