Sign in to follow this  
Sardaukar17

ARMA 2 PvP. Is it still out there?

Me and a buddy of mine are starved for some good old PvP action on arma2 here. We played back when PvP was alive and well in the OFP days and have watched it slowly die and fade to nothing in Arma and Arma2 now. We even had an unofficial clan called [CPS] (Capitalist Pig Squad) lol... Forgive the name we were much younger. If there is a community of friendly players that still play Team vs Team based maps please let me know. I still think about some of the victories in those old matches. BlackHawk rescues and convoy ambushes that you had to wait for 15min for that perfect moment. We've been on hideous for a while now but really want to get back into it.

Yeah, PVP.. It has a lot of potential. Did some VIP mode PVP with some friend, he made it. Made me blast my experience in this game. Hope it comes back..

I think the main problem is getting balanced teams, and teams large enough to still do the squad-based gameplay that people love in Co-op.

It'd be cool to see some PvP clan matches or something, though.

The PvP community is relatively small, but some of us will not give it up. If you play during the US peak playing times, the Armacalypse server is a good one to play on. Additionally, the C5 server is good and offers a lot of variety. It is best to check the C5 server on Wednesday and Thursday nights.

I think the main problem is getting balanced teams, and teams large enough to still do the squad-based gameplay that people love in Co-op.

It'd be cool to see some PvP clan matches or something, though.

If you reside somewhere in the Americas and you are already part of a team, then it could be arranged to play against my squad. I am the one to talk to if you want to set up a match. I have set up several matches in ArmA1, and a few in ArmA2.

No one mentioned ARMA2 PR (Project Reality). PR will not be small PvP games probably but still PvP with realism in mind where 2 (or more?) teams battling it out. They had a thread here but stopped and all new info is now on their website and there are some juicy screenshots of their work so far wich is UK vs Taliban/Insurgents, new vehicles & weapons, new island (Afghanistan) and i think new ways of playing it like new features and functions.

Maybe this isnt what OP was after, but its about PvP so cant hurt right. :)

Hi there

have a look at the squad and fan pages on the forums. Charlie Foxtrot is a PvP server and ain't that small. Had really some fun on there. Check them out.

cheers

Me and a buddy of mine are starved for some good old PvP action on arma2 here.

is this what your after Sardaukar? Read our FAQ below and check out this battle from last week. If so check out Charlie Foxtrot a largescale PvP Community.

-jxIZVJAHR4

What is Charlie Foxtrot?

It is WAR!

Charlie Foxtrot ArmA2 is about two armies fighting large-scale multiplayer battles against each other every week. This goes on for a number of weeks (a campaign) and in the end one army is declared victorious.

How do these two armies fight each other?

Charlie Foxtrot utilizes ArmA2’s multiplayer component to stage large-scale battles. The two armies fight it out on an official battle day to determine who is victorious. The armies fight over territory, which they carry forward to the next battleday.

How Large is Large?

We aim to have an average of about 100 players in each battle with each army configured for 60 players max. ingame simultaneously.

Is this like a clan or a league?

No. We are not a clan. We do not rely on any external organizations, ladders, clubs, or groups for this tournament. Charlie Foxtrot works independently and entirely on its own. Individuals and members of clans are welcomed to join, but you will have to leave your clan tags/affiliations at the door.

Isn’t that like breaking up clans?

Not at all, Charlie Foxtrot understands that members have outside affiliations. Charlie Foxtrot is about building team work and making friends in the international community, and of course, having fun.

How are the armies organized/structured?

The armies are loosely structured like a real military unit. An army is lead by its General, who is helped by his High Commanding Officers. They command a number of units that are more or less organized like platoons or squads.

Do I have to follow the orders of higher ranking players?

Yes. To achieve the level organization we strive for here, it is important that orders be followed and carried out. Please note that this tournament is not for the lone-wolf run ‘n gunners, but for people who like to play side to side with thier battle buddies in an organized manner.

How can I advance my rank?

One word, PARTICIPATE. Show up for practices, show up for battles, take part in discussions on the forums, hang out on the TS server, get to know your officers, and don’t misbehave. That will get you started. Then it all depends on your qualities as a leader, and that is more complicated, do you have what it takes to lead men in combat?

What are the requirements to join Charlie Foxtrot?

* You must have your own legal copy of ArmA2

* You must have a set of speakers and a mic.

* You must download and use TeamSpeak.

* You must visit the forums as much as possible.

* You must follow orders.

* You must have fun.

Why Teamspeak?

It is imperative that each force communicate within their teams. TeamSpeak is a very simple, and flexible Voice-Over-IP (VOIP) software program that enables you to communicate via a microphone to your teammates. TeamSpeak is free to download.

How often are the battles, and for how long?

Official Battle days are one day every weekend (unless posted otherwise, e.g. due to Holiday, etc.). Currently they are 3 hours long.

Do I have to play the entire time?

No. You can play as much as you can or as little as you want. Some players can hammer out the whole lot, and others can only put in 1 hour.

What is the official language of the tournament?

English, spoken on TS and written in the forums.

Is this a very competitive tournament? Is the atmosphere cutthroat?

Charlie Foxtrot stresses teamwork, strategy, organization, friendship, and most of all fun. The members here take playing the game in the campaign very seriously. They came to Charlie Foxtrot looking for organization and to get away from the chaos and anarchy that takes place in the public servers. At the same time, lifelong friendships are made and on non-battle days, many members will go “pubbing†to have fun and practice teamwork (they will jump on a public server). And at other times, many members just hang out on our TeamSpeak server.

Except for the awesome battles, are there any other reasons to join?

Definitely.

The first thing that comes to mind is that you have a big potential to evolve as a leader. No kidding, while this just seem like ‘a place on the net’, the people are real. Which puts a great responsibility on those of you who choose to become leaders in the tournament.

If you’re a modder, writer, movie-maker or other creative, you have a great place to showcase your skills and get your name known.

Heres our Website: Charlie Foxtrot

Edited by Mickd

Plenty of PvP

Try the "warfare BE" maps, lots of PvP going on every day on those !!

juicy screenshots of their work so far wich is UK vs Taliban/Insurgents, new vehicles & weapons, new island (Afghanistan)

Why is PR using taliban, so many mods use these once "terrorists" that live somewhere in an area where it's occupied by the "best armies in this world". Still they didn't got any terrorist convicted. Made up ghost criminals.. Chedaki are worse criminals and a better made up ghost team.

Or use Bush his private guard.. they're pretty terroristic!:bounce3:

Plenty of PvP

Try the "warfare BE" maps, lots of PvP going on every day on those !!

Warfare isn't really, really PVP.. I think you need 3 straight hours to finally find an enemy that actually is a player.

Edited by RavoC

I've found AToW to be the best tournament gameplay and administration-wise, and currently it's sporting the same numbers as CF. Speaking of which...

Is this a very competitive tournament? Is the atmosphere cutthroat?

Charlie Foxtrot stresses teamwork, strategy, organization, friendship, and most of all fun.

Personally I experienced the atmosphere as oppressive thanks to the admins acting all abusive and uppity-like but then again someone who can take their hijinks without a complaint might enjoy it. :)

I've found AToW to be the best tournament gameplay and administration-wise, and currently it's sporting the same numbers as CF. Speaking of which...

Personally I experienced the atmosphere as oppressive thanks to the admins acting all abusive and uppity-like but then again someone who can take their hijinks without a complaint might enjoy it. :)

Its because they like you so much Celery :)

No one mentioned ARMA2 PR (Project Reality). PR will not be small PvP games probably but still PvP with realism in mind where 2 (or more?) teams battling it out. They had a thread here but stopped and all new info is now on their website and there are some juicy screenshots of their work so far wich is UK vs Taliban/Insurgents, new vehicles & weapons, new island (Afghanistan) and i think new ways of playing it like new features and functions.

Maybe this isnt what OP was after, but its about PvP so cant hurt right. :)

I think a lot of people were put off by their poor attitude since they can't seem to accept a critique of their work or ideas like most modders in this community do. Still, they should bring an influx of new players and hopefully some decent pvp.

And because it isn't even released yet, and we have no idea how people will react to it and if it's really going to be any different. :rolleyes:

Why is PR using taliban, so many mods use these once "terrorists" that live somewhere in an area where it's occupied by the "best armies in this world". Still they didn't got any terrorist convicted. Made up ghost criminals.. Chedaki are worse criminals and a better made up ghost team.

Or use Bush his private guard.. they're pretty terroristic!:bounce3:

Warfare isn't really, really PVP.. I think you need 3 straight hours to finally find an enemy that actually is a player.

Keep your political opinions out of general topics, there's an off topic forum for that stuff.

I think a lot of people were put off by their poor attitude since they can't seem to accept a critique of their work or ideas like most modders in this community do.

What rubbish, I'm very much looking forward to PR:A2 as I'm sure are many others. The only poor attitude I saw on display was every second man and his dog here trying to dictate how they must make it.

Let's not turn this into another debate over PR:Arma 2, ladies. ;)

No, because that would have absolutely no bearing at all on "ARMA 2 PvP. Is it still out there?" :rolleyes:

Then you're playing on a very poorly setup warfare server.

No, because that would have absolutely no bearing at all on "ARMA 2 PvP. Is it still out there?" :rolleyes:

Well it doesn't, until they release something.

And in the meantime, you can check out AAS ... it has just seen a major new release (see here) and has come a long way since the beginning. Quite a handful of servers are playing it now regularly or constantly.

:cheers: qwertz

Must have missed that rule, well I guess we can probably shut down the Operation Arrowhead threads and the whole AddOns & Mods discussion forum too.

Must have missed that rule, well I guess we can probably shut down the Operation Arrowhead threads and the whole AddOns & Mods discussion forum too.

OMG yes!!! PR saved pvp simply by announcing they were maybe gonna have a mod someday!! Why didn't I see it?

You know, there are lots of people working on projects relevant to pvp (many released even) but none of them have any bearing on whether or not people are playing pvp right now, which is what the thread is about. So the PR mod might be great, or it might be crap but we don't know and it doesn't answer the question about what is happening right now.