Sign in to follow this  
kalervo

beta patch on linux ded server?

How can I run beta patch on linux dedicated server?

It's a good question - i was asking this to myself - now cause you mention it, maybe I got an Idea.

but first of all - i haven't seen any other Linux server with the beta version till yet, but you can play beta version as client also on regular server version.

Now my Idea: If you want to use the Linux server, you have to unpack the tar into your arma2game folder, and run ./install and so on. Maybe this works also for the beta - means - unpacking the tar into the arma2/beta folder and running the ./install also there? Well I haven't looked this much into the toLower.c - but there you should see what the execution of the ./install will do exactly.

I tested this.

Not working

arma2/@beta/

tar xfz arma2server-1-05-62021-tar.gz

./install

./server

Then i test my start script to tryit start up in arma2 folder

Not working

./@beta/server -profile... -mod... -name.... etc...

Then i make new copy of arma2 and move from @beta folders stuff to right place in arma2 and then start game from arma2beta/ folder. Not working

Damn.

You can't.

The most you can try is to run the beta server exe under wine.

You can't.

The most you can try is to run the beta server exe under wine.

Jeh I think this would be possible, but it is not a nice solution.

Ok thanks for answers.

All others works nicely with original 1.05.62021, but Warfare just crashing and crashing after some hours. :(

Developers get out that 1.05 beta version for linux please. We don't have many good server in Finland.

May 7 22:19:12 k175 kernel: [612288.418381] server[10435]: segfault at 3dcccd79 ip

000000000860e5fb sp 00000000ff8a74c0 error 4 in server[8048000+f4f000]

May 8 01:09:25 k175 kernel: [622483.029009] server[2041]: segfault at 3f8000ac ip

000000000860e5fb sp 00000000ffe75d30 error 4 in server[8048000+f4f000]

Edited by Karvanoppa

Ok thanks for answers.

All others works nicely with original 1.05.62021, but Warfare just crashing and crashing after some hours. :(

Developers get out that 1.05 beta version for linux please. We don't have many good server in Finland.

Interesting, my Server hadn't any problems. The only Problem I have is when I run the ACE Warfare Mission, my client crashs totally (I mean hardcore restart). But that was maybe due to the ArmA Beta, or the ACE Beta, or the mission itself - who knows (It's my fault if I always use the Betas^^)

Now my Idea: If you want to use the Linux server, you have to unpack the tar into your arma2game folder, and run ./install and so on. Maybe this works also for the beta - means - unpacking the tar into the arma2/beta folder and running the ./install also there? Well I haven't looked this much into the toLower.c - but there you should see what the execution of the ./install will do exactly.

But what if we have a commercially hosted linux box with limited access?