Sign in to follow this  
Erratic

Your favourite sound modification?

Which is your favourite sound mod and why?

I thought that was a Graphics mod :P Or does it contain a sound mod aswell? I'm just curious as to everyones favourites so I know which one's to try out, as far as I know there is, Chammy's, VOP Sound and ACE Sound Mod.

CSM (Chammys Sound Mod)! its has very nice sonic cracks and the distant sound of enemies firing at you sounds so nice, and also the weapon sounds are great... and last but not least, it is modular.

I like CSM2 but I don't like the AK sound..so i use the HiFi mod

HiFi is by far the best sound mod of the lot, that's for sure.

There is also Sounds of War and Elias soundmod.

btw IMO mine is the best (ACEX SM) :D :P

ACEX_SM by far. But this is so subjective, and so depending on if one uses headset or speakers, and what specific setup of those, that it makes the whole discussion pretty... aimless ^^

Well I use CSM2 with ACE_SM, I like it but I'm not testing anymore other sound mods ..

ACEX_SM combined with CSM2 is really nice in a lot of ways.

I also enjoy HiFi a lot, too bad the development stopped on it for now...

CSM2 is the best for me so far.

I like CSM2 but I don't like the AK sound..so i use the HiFi mod

Then you're missing out big style!!

CSM2, ACEX_SM, Hi-Fi and Sgt. Elias are all modular, so you can use whichever sounds you like from the various mod's just by putting the necessary .pbo & .bisign files together in your custom addon folder.

kheiro and Devil Dogs: if you like VopSound you should also try CSM2, vo.2 was good enough to let us use some of his material in CSM2 and the config is much improved and more compatible as it's been quite a while since VopSound was updated.

Don't forget TRSM for your vehicle/armour sounds!

Sound mod's are very much personal preference and they all have their strongpoints. CSM2 provides pretty intense combat and makes extensive use of real sounds rather than those from other games, but then I may be a little biased ;)

Protegimus

I tried out the Elias SM today as well and it's quite good, but could use work in some areas. It's great that they're all modular!

I would say the SFX from elias are the best. For weapons I use a mix of CSM2 and HiFi (mainly HiFi, it is more module....hint hint CSM2 team) For vehichles I use TRSM. When you get shot at with elias you know it which is pretty cool. Looking forward to all the updates that will come in the future and am excited for the new sound system Arrowhead is suppose to bring and the mods that will spawn from that

From some testing i like this setup the most:

TRSM for all the vehicle sounds

HIFI for enviroment, effect and weapons

Makes the game 2 time as immersive

TRSM for all the vehicle sounds

HIFI for enviroment, effect and weapons

Those are the ones I use too.

Here is a video of Sgt. Elias' soundmod v2, very quick blufor demo I just made:

Nice little vid there albertors - any chance of posting the mission or making a vid at the same location with CSM2 to compare?

Protegimus

VopSound in combination with some others. There are stuff I like and dislike in all soundmods, in the end it's just choosing what you think gives you the best experience for your pov.

TRSM for all the vehicle sounds IE Fixed Wing, Rotary, Ground vehicles (the dogs nuts).

HIFI effect and weapons

VOP Gear/Impacts for all surface & walking sounds etc (nothing else has come close .. although I "think" CSM now uses the same or similar)

CSM2 Environment sounds.

GL4 Not a sound mod as such but has extra radio comms for all vehicles and troop radio, plus extra sounds like dogs, churches and little extras.

That combo for me makes it near perfection. So yes as you can see sometimes its not one or nothing, that's why the whole modular approach as caught on since A2.

Edited by mrcash2009

Maybe a good idea would be to have a thread focused just on combining sound mods? For example there's the stickied thread "Add-On Compilation for more Realism and Immersion (ACE2-based)". So why not have one on how to combine different sound mod 'modules' for the best effect without conflicts? The modules are often rather different in name and scope so it's not a simple drag and drop. :)