Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Footmunch Friday - Antonov An-72 Coaler

Will the cockpit be upgraded at all? Anyway once again thanks for this muchly appreciated...

fyi All, working on a "heavier" flight model. Somewhat towards the C130 handling, but obviously no all there because its 1/4 the size.

@pre-Vet

? I didnt think I did. You running ACE mod or something?

@Landdon

Works perfect if that code is in a trigger and the plane is named "thisplane" OTHERWISE if that code is in the INIT field of the plane, the you CAN NOT use "thisplane" in the code

Use "this" instead

@wolfbite

Probably not. On my list of "useful and important stuff to work on", another couple 100 hours spent on a cockpit doesnt rate very high for me in a game like ArmA2.

Sure, if it was FSX, then it would be a little different.

Thanks Gnat for this nice addon...

It's good to have at least one East transport aircraft.

Maybe you plan other versions ? Civilians etc..

Regarding the Resistance version, would it be possible to make the default version something else than Iranian ? Seems strange in my opinion... and I have to put a different roundel when I want to use it in missions.

Currently it's too light to fly. Practical, but not very realistic. A bit more heaviness will be nice.

Thanks !

Malick

A CDF one would be great, I hate getting units to get in an empty vehicle or switching sides

Thank Gnat! I pretty sure the error is on may side, my game for some reason sometimes does not care to look into a folder when editing a mission. I was working on a having a flag put on a flagpole. I did it many times in Armed Assault without a problem, tried it the same time as I was changing the rondels and it didn't work either. I got the flag to work, I will get this to work as well. Oh, one more thing could you give me an example on how to use the lash system? Keep making them models and improving them! Thanks again!

Edited by Landdon

@Landdon and all

Lash and Paradrop system now described in first post

UPDATED to BETA 2

BETA2 UPDATE - 12th May

- Improved flight model

Download updated on First post.

After days and days of watching the bloody thing land and take-off during testing, I finally have something of a "heavier" flight model (i.e. no longer a Jet Fighter), that doesn't exhibit the "drunken pilot" problem and doesn't crash into fences and trees on the BIS default maps.

I can now (hopefully) go on holidays for 5 weeks :D

Thanks Old Bear

Probably should say thanks to you guys more often ;) for supporting the community.

Thx for update Gnat, will try it out and see how see fly's, and have a nice holiday :cool:

- Parachute All = Trigger a sequenced drop of everyone onboard except the pilot

Word of warning to those who might use this system, ejecting large amounts of troops all at once will usually result in a few troopers dieing because they collide with each other.

Word of warning to those who might use this system, ejecting large amounts of troops all at once will usually result in a few troopers dieing because they collide with each other.

Have you actually tested it ?

I've not had an issue because its a scripted eject of all troops, each about 0.5 sec between each jumper.

Gnat;1627499']Have you actually tested it ?

I've not had an issue because its a scripted eject of all troops' date=' each about 0.5 sec between each jumper.[/quote']

I am using it in my mission without any issues.

Gnat;1627499']Have you actually tested it ?

I've not had an issue because its a scripted eject of all troops' date=' each about 0.5 sec between each jumper.[/quote']

When I was testing your first beta release I had about 20 guys in the plane and used the second eject function from the action menu of the plane which dumps all soldiers at once. I did not use the eject group function.

All 20 men were instantly dumped from the cargo and once their chutes deployed they began bumping into each other and it killed a few of them. I've seen the exact same behaviour with vanilla vehicles too.

The eject group feature is a beauty though! I look forward to trying the 2nd beta version.:)

Hello) I have a question! how to write correctly in script An72 :)

example:

Mi17 its Mi17_rockets_RU

AH-1W its AH1W_TOW_W

And An72 its ........... :icon9:

Thx.

I guess Keshman means what is the classname of the AN72

:EDITH:

@Keshman

It's in the readme which is also linked in the first post:

---------------------

---- CLASS NAMES ----

---------------------

An-72 Coaler : RKTCoalerS (Russian Tri-colour)

An-72 Coaler Desert : RKTCoalerD (Desert)

An-72 Coaler Russia : RKTCoalerR (Russian)

An-72 Coaler Iran : RKTCoalerI (Iranian)

Myke

Master Gunnery Sergeant

Thanks for the help! That's what I was looking for (--CLASS NAMES --)

(sorry :icon_redface: english bad)

@Keshman

no problem mate. And don't care about your english, i've seen worse even from native english speaking. You try your best and this earns respect. Glad i could help.

Hello again) I have one idea, request about An72 :) Add good flares to plane! I'm flying to AN72 and I am very easy target for AA :( If I add in the mission file flares.sqf (little changed) it works but no visual flares(( I can not add correctly to (addon) An72 flares(( Here video Addon An72+flares.sqf separately! Testing in

@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@ACEX_SM;@An72

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHgCt7Y0Xvk&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHgCt7Y0Xvk&hl=ru_RU&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Shouldnt be a problem with the An72, I made it CBA-Extended Event Handler compatible after all the whining people wanted it (on my other releases).

Suggest its a script problem.

...... or is it because the An72 has NO WEAPON slots?

.... but the C130J is the same......

is there a way i can trigger the paradrop script for ai, using a waypoint or trigger?

any help would be apreciated