Sign in to follow this  
[aps]gnat

Footmunch Friday - Antonov An-72 Coaler

FootmunchFriday2.jpg

Antonov An-72 Coaler

An72_3.jpg

An72_6.jpg

qORepDOfwW4

In homage to Footmunch and and his Friday releases back in the OFP days!

Antonov An-72 Coaler

OPFOR Transporter

UPDATED -> Beta 2 - ArmAII version 12-May

Conversion of Footmunchs OFP unit by Gnat to ArmA2

New Textures by eddyD:yay:

Major Model Overhaul by Gnat

Features:

- 4 colour schemes

- Multi source textures into merged format

- STOL performance

- Optimized sqf scripts

- Random unit numbers

- Clan logos

- Customisable roundels

- Damage model and Textures

- Animated and walkable ramp

- Parachute options

Required Addons

CBA - Extended Event Handlers

DevHeaven - CBA Page

Demo Mission Included

README

Check before complaining

An-72 - Readme

Lash system

Simply drive a vehicle into the cargo area an you will be presented with a "Lash Cargo" action option

You will also see a "Release Cargo" option.

Note, it only appears if you are in the vehicle.

Also note this system is not perfect, cargo can become damaged in flight.

Paradrop system

Only leaders of groups will be presented with action menu options

- Parachute Group = Trigger a sequenced drop of you and your team only

- Parachute All = Trigger a sequenced drop of everyone onboard except the pilot

BETA2 UPDATE - 12th May

- Improved flight model

DOWNLOAD

An-72 Coaler beta2 on Filefront

ArmedAssault.info Mirror : DOWNLOAD - Antonov An-72 Coaler (v.Beta2) - [6.7 MB] from ArmedAssault.info

Updated release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

Thanks again to Footmunch and eddyD for there efforts.

Everyone else, have fun.

Edited by [APS]Gnat

Very nice work. An nice footmunch friday it is, keep that good work going.

Nice bird ! .... I like the desert camo ;)

ArmedAssault.info Mirror and News:

5765857.gif

Required Addons :

DOWNLOAD - CBA

We have also added this release to your personal author profile

If a release or contact information is missing, feel free to drop a PM, it will then be added.

And here is the BBCode if you want to add our Mirror to your release post :

[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=0&id=1376][img=http://www.armedassault.info/mirrorgen2/5765857.gif][/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA[/url]

If you prefer a text only BBCode please copy and paste the code below :

[b]ArmedAssault.info Mirror :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=1&id=1376]DOWNLOAD - Antonov An-72 Coaler (v.Beta1) - [6 MB] from ArmedAssault.info[/url]

[b]Required Addons :[/b]
[url=http://www.armedassault.info/index.php?cat=addons&game=0&id=1002]DOWNLOAD - CBA[/url]

nice to see OPFOR getting attention :)

Gorgeous bird!!

Would it be possible to turn the roll down on it though? It can barrel roll faster than most fighters :P

Would also be nice to see an additional armed version with either gun pods or rockets or bombs.... Anyway another great footmunch friday \m/

Edited by wolfbite

This needs to get into the next ACE update as soon as possible. About time the OPFOR had a transport plane. This will also look good in Domination and EVO.

Its very nice, needs some work on how it turns. Its like flying an SU-33, it turns very easy instead of heavy. Nice work all around.

AWESOME! Thank you so much for this, I was just complaining the other day that there was no good transport plane for OPFOR. Trying to create a scenario with a full Russian airborne assault in it would look dumb using the AN-2 to drop BMDs... I don't even know if this thing can actually carry a BMD in it, but at least if it actually cant, it'll still look more believable.

AWESOME! Thank you so much for this, I was just complaining the other day that there was no good transport plane for OPFOR. Trying to create a scenario with a full Russian airborne assault in it would look dumb using the AN-2 to drop BMDs... I don't even know if this thing can actually carry a BMD in it, but at least if it actually cant, it'll still look more believable.

Too small for BMDs IIRC, but i agree, it would look more believable.

we'll have to wait for wings of Russia's IL-76.

that's taking forever though :( Should be great when it is out though

Very nice, Gnat. Well, folks, according to my online research, the AN-72 can carry roughly 150k pounds (68,039 kg), or about 50 passengers. Unfortunately, 150k pounds is also the base (unarmed/un-fueled) weight of the Russian BMD-1. The BMD 2 actually weighs in at 230k pounds, so reality of the situation says no, not really, but for the game, hey... I'd definitely load in a single BMD1 or 2, and just kinda claim an engine upgrade for the AN-72.

It is reportedly purpose made for rough/short field landing circumstances, and is additionally superior with skis in ice or snow.

Edited by quicksilver67
Additional Info.

Thanks guys.

Would it be possible to turn the roll down on it though? It can barrel roll faster than most fighters

Unfortunately I had to do this as a work-around to the "drunken pilot" bug. I'll try again other methods, but I can tell you it flys nice with the mouse.

Would also be nice to see an additional armed version with either gun pods or rockets or bombs

No, too rare in reality to justify a version.

As for carrying tanks, sorry, but be grateful you have something for OPFOR.

Wicked plane Gnat, I have flown it a little and like wolfbite, I was amazed when i barrel rolled like a fighter.

But i was wondering (and i know nothing about this btw so just tell me to shut up), Would it be possible to make it fly like a hercules, Only Faster?

Gnat;1624109']As for carrying tanks' date=' sorry, but be grateful you have something for OPFOR.[/quote']

I dont really care that much that it cant realistically carry a BMD, at least now I have SOMETHING that at least appears like it could be capable of it. Most ARMA players wont know one way or the other... they see a big ass jet, and a tank comes falling out the back, and all they are gonna say is "OH shit that was cool... FUCK TANKS!!" lol.

so thanks for this much needed addon!

Nice work mate, nice to finally have a decent size russian transport

Great overall, nice model. But why can it turn upside down so easily? it can turn in a complete rotation in a complete second.

Anyway we can make it or you can make it so it does not turn on a dime, a little more heavy?

very nice, finally a good and big transport for OPFOR!

How did you get it to drop the units with steerable parachutes?

thank you

I have a problem in changing the Aircraft Rondels. Is it my code?

thisplane setobjecttexture [2,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"]; thisplane setobjecttexture [3,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"]; thisplane setobjecttexture [4,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"]; thisplane setobjecttexture [5,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"]; thisplane setobjecttexture [6,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"]; thisplane setobjecttexture [7,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"]; thisplane setobjecttexture [8,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"]; thisplane setobjecttexture [9,"\rktcoaler\r_georgia.paa"];

Did miss something? Thanks for the help!