Sign in to follow this  
Darkhorse 1-6

The Generic Landing Craft

Anybody remember this one? Well, I am going to be converting it over to ArmA II (THANK YOU bk1276!), and maybe giving it a nice retexture paint job, (Nice, hah. You don't know how funny that is considering my PS abilities :p) along with fixing some of the big bugs that popped up from the conversion.

*Until I take a screenshot with vanilla guys in it, this will have to do*

racslcu.jpg

I need help on a couple of things though.

#1 - 45 guys inside of it, all standing there looking good, the only problem is you can walk through them all.

#2 - There is a nice little flag on the back, which is scripted to the driver. (_flag setFlagOwner driver _boat) and I need help on 2 sections of it.

#2.1 - Is it possible to script the flag to the boat itself, or make it where the flag disappears if there is no driver? Currently when the driver gets out the flag is attached to him.

#2.2 - Would it be possible, using setflagtexture or a script etc., to change out the flag at the mission makers discretion, so that it could be switched by a simple init line code, so that the mission maker could have LCUs of several nationalities on the same mission, at the same time?

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

This looks to be quite useful. Would be good to simulate an invasion.

Edit:

Just realised how obvious that sounds.

I dont remember if I ever tried this, but it would look cooler if they had some more... "aware" animations when standing in cargo, I mean, when you're landing on enemy territory, possibly under fire, do you stand like that? :p

Also, when getting out, you should be spawned "on" the ship, so you'd actually need to lower the ramp and walk out. Man I cant wait to have some kickass stuff done with this and "attachto" :D

You do spawn inside the ship, and you do have to lower the ramp to escape. (Well, you can go over the ramp, engine limits i assume, but sometimes the drop threatens to kill ya.) Also, the animations look correct. Imagine if you were about to land on a hostile island, everybody on it wants you dead. You would probably be standing kinda still, fidgeting, maybe talking with your buddies before you get the warning that the ramp is about to be lowered. (That's just an excuse, because i don't know how to swap the animations) (Also Kristian, get on your MSN every now and then...)

I'd probably be the guy who sits in the back of the boat and launch mortars. I'd be too scared..

looking forward to this :)

looks great bro, hit me up on msn later when i get back, maby can help with a few things...including textures

Like the idea and it looks definitely great in arma2.

Gotta love this with PRACS.

Is there anybody who has skills with configs, who would be willing to rewrite the config for this? Also, should I release a simple conversion first, just it working with no errors in-game, and then update it later with new textures, maybe a model edit, and the vehicle cargo script?

the community really needs this, +1 vote for a stable (but not "fully functional") release.

On hold, I'm currently in a camper, having to use a USB 4G stick for internet, this is the first time ive been on in days, with the speed, bandwidth limit, and cramped space I can't really do any work on it, considering the people who were going to help me (1-2 people with textures, but they have also been dealing with RL) and the references I would need are online, and I don't have very regular access/signals out here.

Refer to post #15 :p

Still in the same situation man, won't have reliable internet til December or so, hopefully I will be out of this godforsaken RV by then.

i hope you stay there jsut a little bit longer as punishment for all the torment you have put me through........

:)