Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[camp] p i r o g

Spent a couple of hours on this today having not seen it before. Real solid game play, I had so much fun with this.

Big thank-you to the maker of this campaign.... :)

Ohhhh I remember playing this campaign ages ago.... I think it was one of the first user-made missions I played (played through multiple times) and tbh I still think it's one of the best campaigns (better than official campaigns imo). Tempted to play 2.0 coop if I can convince my friends to play it with me. I never ended up thanking you for the hours of fun I got out of it so for what's it's worth, thank you so much bardosy; I love this campaign :)

We gave episode 1 a try on the CiA coop server last night (GROUP respawn version).

The resistance in the airport itself was surprisingly very light. We encountered maybe 10 men there, including several fixed positions, not including one BMP. If my memory serves me right the SP version which I played years ago it was much more challenging... Maybe some groups failed to spawn/get to the base? Right now it's way too easy...

On the comm tower hill, there were much more enemies units and therefore the fight was good. We got obliterated there... :torture:

Thanks for making this coop playable bardosy!

I didn't remove enemy groups from the airport, but I found the same as you said. Probably the last year (ArmA2) patches tune up the AI and our support (Russian) groups make a much better job, as they did when we test it first.

I see, will you release a more challenging version of this great mission?

Install ASR AI and it WILL be challenging. Especially some of the later missions which I found were very difficult (and I remember breezing through them the first time).

The campaign is challenging enough, wait until you get to Berezino

The campaign is challenging enough, wait until you get to Berezino

I was asking about a more challenging version of the first mission, particularly a more challenging version of the airbase assault part. Whether the rest of the campaign is more challenging or not is irrelevant.

A recording of Pirog's first episode, "Day of Victory", played on the CiA coop server. Thanks for this campaign bardosy!

Edited by Variable

Thanks for sharing this video Variable!

You fought well. That hill - where you died - could be extremly hard.

But as far as I saw, you are a good commander. Not just because you lead your men in the safest route, but you address some good words for them when they shot an enemy. I saw a lot of video about arma1,2,3 but not much commander did it. But as far as I experienced (in commander role or in subordinate role) it's a good thing.

The Matis is not self guided in your mods? Because when I play, there is a rectangle around the BMP when I aim the Matis and then I can "shoot and forget". I saw, you had bad luck in two times (first one the trees and the second is the camo net, what was not visible in thermal mode), but I'm not sure it was autoguided or not? Anyway, finally you hit the BMP with that RPG rain... :) It was a great moment.

Looks like he's playing with ACE (note animated scopes), where Metis is SACLOS.

Thanks for the kind words bardosy :)

Actually the only mods we use are CWR2 (that shouldn't affect vanilla content) Zeus AI and TPWCAS suppression.

I think the metis is no longer auto guided in the latest beta patch. Animated scope is because I'm using ScopeFX client side addon. Well, it was worth missing those metises (actually the video is edited from two different attempts on the mission lol) just to have that RPG salvo moment...

We played the second episode for the campaign. The artillery barrage (or rather the SADARM) didn't work (selected it and clicked the map) and the armor butchered us. Is the town attack the last objective in this mission? I can't remember my SP try on it...

Well, SADRAM is the basic, BIS, arty support: it has a long delay to splash... When I played it last time (in coop version) sadram did well. But I call support from the hill (I looking for armors by binocular), but didn1t find all, so the rest was destroyed my teammates...

Yes, that small town is the last objective in this mission.

Well, SADRAM is the basic, BIS, arty support: it has a long delay to splash... When I played it last time (in coop version) sadram did well. But I call support from the hill (I looking for armors by binocular), but didn1t find all, so the rest was destroyed my teammates...

Yes, that small town is the last objective in this mission.

Actually I had problems with the SADARM too. The Artillery seems to be to close or to far to the vilage. I solved the Problem by using the editor and moving the guns to another (I think closer) place.

Also if the group leader/#1 guy dies, you don't get the arti option at all.

Also if the group leader/#1 guy dies, you don't get the arti option at all.

It is clearly said that the Group Leader musn´t die. You HAVE to revert if he is killed.

This is not a coop mission, this is a campaign what you can play in coop. It has a story, the main character (player #1) is very important.

Tonci and Variable: I will check that arty battery and the distances. Probably one of the patches changed the distances of the arty.

I know Variable use beta patches, but Tonci, you find it in released patch or with beta patch?

I just retested this. It seems to work again. I think you need to reduce that Minefield on the forest road. The advancing russian forces never get past it and the T-72^^