Sign in to follow this  
bardosy

[camp] p i r o g

This is it.

P I R O G

campaign for ArmA II.

v2.0

ruscamp.jpg

After the Cold War, Chernorus betrayed Russia and left her in a very ungreatful way. The Chernorus people never said a single 'Thank You' because Russians lead them out of the dark ages (into the Soviet style communism). After the separation, Russians was busy with their own problems. Chernorus used this time to build up a pro-American economy from their oil reserves and caviar fished from the Black Sea. The USA - of course - supports them much better then Moscow and the Chernorus government - when their economy and Yankee-like army was ready - started a very aggressive and provocative policy towards Russia. They never gave citizenship to the Russian national minority and they declared them to be secondary citizens or slave people. The anti-human attacks against Russians was daily in the Northern part of Chernorus.

President Medwediev started his own 'War on Terror' in Chernorus.

pirog03.th.jpg pirog01.th.jpg

This campaign is focused to the regular infantry combat with armored and air support. This is not a Spec Ops or pilot campaign.

New features (in v2.0):

- UPSMON script: it's mean smarter enemies and many randomness, new challenges, good replayablility

- HuntIR script: you can use HuntIR without MOD

- Objectives are shown in the top of the screen (easy to know what suppose to do)

- Missions playable in COOP 8

- In separate rar there are set of coop missions from the campaign

- Respawn: Insurgency like respawn

- Playable with base ArmA2 (without Arrowhead), but of course it's better in CO.

- Still no need addons.

Old features:

- Weapon selection (if not during the briefing, it possible later from vehicles).

- Not one team against the whole Chinese army style missions.

- Usualy lead one squad, but attack with other squads, but later you can lead multiple squads (High Command)

- Multiple playable roles (you can switch to the squad sniper or AT soldier)

- Not a very deep story with romance, but there are lovable/hateable characters

- NO ADDON NEEDED!

- Russian side

pirog02.th.jpg pirog04.th.jpg

DOWNLOAD v2.0 (last mod.: 13.02.2013)

Armaholic mirror: Pirog v2.0

Edited by bardosy

Nice one, Bardosy! Good to see it publicly released. ;)

Wow great ! Thanks alot, chesty puller was great campaign, so expecting alot from this! (chesty puller was done by you, right?)

(chesty puller was done by you, right?)

Right. :D

Nice to see, this, another Milestone is final^^

awesome. and not secops or pilot! thanks

- Russian side

Yeah, IMO it's the biggest advantage of this campaign, a plot, realities and a Slavic fraction which is opposite to the USA and their puppets.

Good job, man :)

Although I prefer the "USA and their puppets, lol", it's for me mostly a language thing. Having to base all my inputs on reading them... Well, you know. This was nontheless a nice change of pace.

Well into some rescue mission when Arma crashed. About six hours playtime so far, regular difficulty with expert skill on everyone, most aids turned off except extended map info, as map commanding is about my only option.

Too many reloads on that hill; grass is a bitch, impossible to counter up there, and units are very well placed and aware. Became a save and reload fest, unfortunately, but maybe related to my (dis)ability to lead.

Reaction wise, they seem to send out one and one guy to attack us, which I find a bit strange (no ACE and no other addons whatsoever, testing latest beta with this). Luckily it hasn't been armor infested, and I love the sense of being part of a bigger thing. The use of team switching I'm generally against, but it sure saved out ass many times, mostly due to Armas failure to react sometimes when you give units orders.

So far, enjoying this a lot. Well done. Liked the briefing as well, but missed weather and time data.

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Been waiting for this for a long time, glad its finally out Bardosy! I'll most definitely be giving it a go later! :D

Just finished the first mission of the Chesty Puller campaign and loved it so this is good news, indeed! By the way, didnt you create a couple of campaigns for Combat Mission Shock Force too? "Bagpipe for Camels" or something like that? Loved that one anyway... :)

It's Great to see a campaign that requires absolutelly NO addons! Thanks and congrats.

Is it possible to play this campaing in Co-op?

If no, would you make a co-op capable version of this campaign?

BTW, I noticed that Chesty Puller campaign isn't co-op capable, so would it be possible for you to make a Co-op capable version for this campaign as well?

i love playing as the Russians thank you! too many missions in this community have you playing as the US or Special Forces. also the no addon thing is awesome. thank you again! downloading now and will hopefully play more tonight. :).

@suveraan: Yes, I love CMSF and I did "bagpipe", but it's name changed to "Warriors in Sand".

@ricnunes: No, my campaigns are not co-op ready, because the multiplayer is a very different scripting concept.

But as in Chesty Puller, I offer this campaign too someone who can convert it to coop ready. I give my all advice and help, if someone want to do this. But he have to sweep all scripts and rewrite.

Thanks for the campaign, it's nice to have infantry based, somewhat-realistic battles, instead of the usual Rambo specOps. I am already at the fifth mission.

How many missions have the campaign, 6, 7, 8?

I did have some problems in the third mission, the chedaki contact didn't come/i didn't see him/came later, but i still contacted with the chedaki group at the north by my own, later i couldn't advance in the goals because i had to speak with the contact to finish the 1st goal. Also i attacked from the North to the South in the first town, and my character had an hilarous talk with the dead (everybody was dead in the north barn), then the goal was "completed" and i could go to the next objective. I think they were supposed to join me?? No chance, i think they died in a FF incident or dunno.

The ones that should join you are in the easternern barn (downhill) if I remember correctly

I don't suggest using ACE or SLX together with this campaign. I had both of these mods working and made things real strange.........

Went back to using only Zeus and all works fine for me.

I have not bothered to narrow the culprit down to ACE or SLX just as of yet. Will try it later (this is not meant to be a negative comment on those two mods by the way).

I did have another problem; in the fifth mission, the crew of T72 seems to have said "fuck this this!" and left their tank, even if it was fully "green". It may be an AI bug from the beta i am using, not a problem with the mission.

These problems - as far as I know - (and as far as Kommiekat report) caused by MODS. :(

I only tested the first mission with ACE, but I found it extremly easy (much easier as without ACE), because the smarter Russian pilots clear the ground and didn't left me enemy. :)

The other missions was tested only without any addon. But I'll check the 3rd mission's chedaki contact guy, why he wanished with ACE. Sorry to hear these problems.

A few missions use UPSMON script and this could be interfere with the ACE driven AI.

I didn´t have problems, even when using ACE+Zeus+GL4

But yes in the first Mission it is really easy to clear the airport and capture the Hill, the Pilots kill almost everything.

These problems - as far as I know - (and as far as Kommiekat report) caused by MODS. :(

I only tested the first mission with ACE, but I found it extremly easy (much easier as without ACE), because the smarter Russian pilots clear the ground and didn't left me enemy. :)

The other missions was tested only without any addon. But I'll check the 3rd mission's chedaki contact guy, why he wanished with ACE. Sorry to hear these problems.

A few missions use UPSMON script and this could be interfere with the ACE driven AI.

I am not using any kind of big AI mods. Landtex for better ground textures, VopSound, that's it.