Sign in to follow this  
Darkhorse 1-6

A "Simple" Way to Retexture?

:D I know it probably doesn't exist, but I am wondering if there is any way to quickly change the color of a texture to white, for a simple U.N. reskin, without losing all the details like doors, windows, hatches, bolts, etc. Desaturate sorta works, but I am aiming for white, not grey. (I don't know much about photoshop, trying to learn.)

So far in my deep treks into the land of photoshop, I keep coming to the conclusion I would have to spend a week or to changing each pixel to the color I want...

Try selecting the area(s) you want to whiten, desaturate the area(s) (CTRL+SHIFT+U I think it is), then invert the colour (CTRL+I). Might be worth giving it a shot.

If you can desaturate it on OK levels of grey and still keep details intact you could try to add additional white layer on top of the background layer and fool around with layers blending modes. Getting white coating shouldn't be too hard task when you play with layers, might take a moment before you find the right touch though (and perhaps few layers). Just remember to keep original background layer intact and don't mess around with it (besides the desaturation or greyscaling of course).

Try selecting the area(s) you want to whiten, desaturate the area(s) (CTRL+SHIFT+U I think it is), then invert the colour (CTRL+I). Might be worth giving it a shot.

Worked like a charm, lost a little bit of detail as far as scratches and wear goes, but that's to be expected with the colors they used, and it's a whole hell of alot better then what I had tried previously.

@Von Rundstedt: I will give that a try in the morning. Thanks!