Sign in to follow this  
daoarge

public hardcore tactical CoOp event - Domination v2 05/08/2010

Domination is one of the most popular Arma2 missions played on public servers these days,

but most of the time people are playing this mission less tactically than maybe other missions. This

usually ends up that everyone is fighting on its own, neglecting the fact that Arma2 is focusing on

team play.

In this document you will find some information and ideas about what is needed to play Domination

a little more sophisticated compared to what’s happening at average public servers. This guideline

should be used as some kind of manual for Mission Commanders and Squad Leaders to develop their

own tactics and procedures.

This is how the preamble of the Domination Tactical Guide starts (download it here) and to prove the theories in this paper right, we are going to have a

public hc tactical CoOp event this Saturday (05/08/2010), at 14:00 GMT

using the KH edit of Domination V2 ACE Wounds.

Requirements:

. ACE2

. TS3

. A2T

. a working microphone

(all SW updated to current version)

We will be keeping this strictly tactical, the mission slogan is "Speed. Precision. Efficiency." - just have a brief look at the DTG, if you want to know what we're all about to do.

If you're interested, you can find more information (and sign up too) here.

cya!

DO

Holy shit, bloody well done manual. Frigging love it! :pc: Just skimmed through it so far though.

Would definitely love to attend, but something is fubar'ed with my setup, can't get any mikes to work anymore. :confused:

With hardcore, does that mean no respawn, increased respawn, or default respawn? I never liked no respawn much, at the same time I can't stand the indifference that follows the instant respawn, especially on public servers.

Even if it is properly organized, try to make it tough on players to die. Maybe no teleporting and MHQ respawns, and rely more on transports? Might get waiting but I think that is part of realism. So, consider the difficulty options (a ton of them in Domination2, not sure what your build is based on) well. Locking enemy assets would be obvious (to me) to force people to do their job and aid prevent team kills.

Anyway, sounds like awesome fun, wish I could attend. And good luck on the mission.

Edit: Oh, I just noticed the signup link explaining the parameters. Agree with everything :D

Edited by CarlGustaffa

Hi!

Thanks for your feedback - if you like playing Arma this way, just have a look at our homepage on a regular base - we usually play our events that way :)

cya!

DO

This sounds like a very intresting experiment/experience.

I'm in. (as soon as I figure out how to sign up :P)

-k