Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

ok. i deinstalled SIX,deleted three last entries in the registry and reinstalled it with the current version 0.151

all seems back fine now,but now i have an other issue.

when i try to update via browser click it skip the ACE,ACEX,ACEX_PLA and ACEX_SM,doesnt matter if i trigger the autoskip or not.

it always bring me this up here.

unbenanntrf.png

unbenanntnl.png

i downloaded all required packs from here http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_1

but it just skip the folders for an update.

am i blind? or do i something wrong ?

autoskip is off !

:butbut:

ok. i deinstalled SIX,deleted three last entries in the registry and reinstalled it with the current version 0.151

all seems back fine now,but now i have an other issue.

when i try to update via browser click it skip the ACE,ACEX,ACEX_PLA and ACEX_SM,doesnt matter if i trigger the autoskip or not.

it always bring me this up here.

i downloaded all required packs from here http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_1

but it just skip the folders for an update.

am i blind? or do i something wrong ?

autoskip is off !

:butbut:

The messages are okay for the situation you are now in.

You didn't need to download the 1.1 release packages if you want to use the six updater.

As you can see here: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download#Install%20the%20Mod the installation methods differ.

Now that you have installed the stable release, if you want to start using the six updater you have two choices:

- Convert the modfolders to be six updater compatible: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+FAQ#How%20to%20convert%20an%20existing%20modfolder%20to%20be%20compatible%20with%20updater? and run the updater again.

- Remove the modfolders, and run the updater again. This means a lot to redownload.

Edited by Sickboy

thanks for the quick answers.

ill give it a try to convert it,and report asap.

I have no idea if this has been suggested or even been thought of, but would it be possible to get a gimpy and/or SAW with a sustained fire kit?

@Sickboy

I have follow error on the six updater site:

Warning: Failed to download the repository! This could be due to a server / connection problem.

Many thx for your efforts :)

@Sickboy

I have follow error on the six updater site:

Warning: Failed to download the repository! This could be due to a server / connection problem.

Many thx for your efforts :)

Solved in six-rsync-0.6.9, please restart the web gui or manually run update ruby gems to grab it, then rerun the update process. Edited by Sickboy

Really loving the updates ^^.Great work guys :D

Would be awesome if US had one of those (

! ), would be so more easy to carry tools on ACE 2 :P

Anyone know why enemy units are displayed on my map? They come up as the group icons (nato I think, can't remember). Doesn't matter what side I'm on, or they're on.

Solved in six-rsync-0.6.9, please restart the web gui or manually run update ruby gems to grab it, then rerun the update process.

many Thx !!

Sickboy: I'm trying to add ACEX PLA units to PlannedAssault, and need a PLA class list. However, your (great) config browser now isn't showing PLA vehicles, and the classlists have just been removed from the (now defunct) ACE wiki.

Would you be able do some Ruby magic to include PLA units in your config browser or alternatively point me to a good source for the PLA class lists?

Alvast bedankt!

maneged to update to the latest ACE version (YAY)

however the mods i had previusly added myself are gone now,

this includes Isle Duala and a few types

is it not compatible with older addons?

Man Sickboy, I don't know how you do it. Anywhere else and a person in your position would simply tell everyone to search the thread. You keep answering the same issues over and over again. And still you answer them.

Six updater is so easy I don't understand the problems. Keep it updated and look at what changes have been made.

Maybe you should seperate the ACE threads into different categories.

-Those that have updater and or installation problems

-An ACE wounding/medical thread

-weapons and vehicle issues.

-misc

That way people can get questions answered by other users also. I think alot of the issues can be answered by other people who have been playing. No one but you read anything here. And you don't answer all, mostly installation issues. No one searches the thread and when they do terms confuse issues.

Also I saw someone request the Aantov Coaler jets that just got released. It has a function as a pilot to parachute all the units in cargo. It would be cool to add that function to Hercules.

Thanks

Edited by victim913

I have two problems that I can't seem to fix.

Problem 1:

Is there a place where the changes to the AI have been documented? (More in depth then the WIKI provides?)

I was playing a few missions and noticed that the AI seem to be almost back to Vanilla ArmA 2 shooting styles. As in, the AI would be able to spot me through a forest and engage me with M16's and AK's from 200M-300M away while still having pinpoint accuracy. Making any kind of assault very difficult. I have tried turning the AI skills all the way down, I made sure all of ACE was running and I am up-to-date. Still, the AI (Who are not in groups) are able to pull off headshots 90% of the time from 200M -300M every time. This dosen't sound like ACE to me...

Problem 2

For some reason after the most recent update I can no longer use earplugs (Or use any ACE specific actions) anymore. I double checked the userconfig folder and everything was okay. I can see all of ACEs' gear and units but any action menu (Right mindows button or Right Application key) no longer work for me. Also, it might be note-worthy, but I keep getting a strange ERROR. It deals with No Entry Found "bin\config.bin/CFGVehicles/AH1W.scope" Even in new missions I try to create it does this error.

Also, this might be related to Problem 1?

I don't have any other addons running except for ACE2. And I am currently reinstalling ACE 2 to see if it fixes the issue...reinstalling it for the 3rd time this week -_-

Thanks for any help in advance!

Edited by Minizzzile

Sorry if this is out of place. I'm using the stable v1.1 and can pick up dead bodies. Folks using the latest version can not. Is this a bug or is there a key that is used to pick up bodies? Thanks!

i wont say it's an ACE problem, but after my most recent update i'm seeing soldiers without heads. They behave normally but their heads are simply missing.

(i have no ghoul or undead mods installed, strictly army ops for me)

Video memory perhaps?

anyoneelse ever experienced this?

i'm open to any suggestions for a fix?

~salute~

Edited by dondaddah
typeos

Sorry if this is out of place. I'm using the stable v1.1 and can pick up dead bodies. Folks using the latest version can not. Is this a bug or is there a key that is used to pick up bodies? Thanks!

To drag or carry you either need the ACE injury module or the BIS battlefield clearance. Not both at the same time however. The ACE injury module also brings bleeding, passing out etc so if you only want to be able to drag then only use BIS battlefield clearance.

Thanks Victim, but im only here usually after a new stable release and leave up to the people for the rest.

There's been some updater changes that had bugs, so it's good to keep tabs on those.

Re threads, there is already a SIX thread, and support / bug reporting is supposed to happen on the bug trackers anyway :)

The general rule is a single thread per mod, which is fine by me.

@william; I have imported the PLA list at; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/PLA+Classlists

Re dynamic class lists, I still have to add support of tagging the classes to know where they originate from so users can filter per mod folder etc, so you don't pick a PLA magazine when you don't run the mod etc ;)

Edited by Sickboy

hello

Xeno said

ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true in init.sqf instead of placing the "module".

it work well before the stable version

you have changed something ?

where could I find all the Ace modules variable ? in PBO ?

it is for make mi mission playable with or without ACE

like that in the init of the mission

//Are we using ace ?

ACEMOD=isClass (configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_sys_addons");

if (ACEMOD) then

{

//No ace tracking markers please

ace_sys_tracking_markers_enabled = false;

//No nuclear fallout (not much fun)

ACE_NukeFallout=false;

//Enable Ace Lifter

RAV_LIFTER = true;

//Enable wounding systems

ace_sys_wounds_enabled = true;

};

Technical info is available in each feature's notes section, wounding is here:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounding_System (Please see notes).

Developer Information overview: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Developer_Information

Coding notes overview: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/notes+*plus_cards

The initialization doesn't work because ace_sys_addons doesn't exist anymore, it has been integrated into CBA.

If you want to check for ACE, please look for the "ace_main" addon instead.

If you keep having issues with the variables from mission init.sqf

I would recommend adding a XEH section to your description.ext, like this:

class Extended_PreInit_EventHandlers {
  class gonza_mission {
      init = "someMissionScript.sqf";
  };
};

someMissionScript.sqf could then contain the code you quoted.

boy have I got a doozy...

Seven guys from our clan did the latest ACE update last night. Worked well. One guy...(there's always one) cannot use earplugs now to save his life.

We have the fix for it posted on our forums. He did it no less than 10 times (i'm not kidding). We even had the six updater re-make his config file so he could edit it again. Didn't work. Before we did the six updater thing, I mailed him mine! All he had to do was change the name. Still didn't work.

I'm at the point of wanting to blame Steam (yet again), but i'd really rather spend my time trying to figure his problem out. It's apparently an end-user problem because none of the rest of us have the issue. Can anyone guess as to what would be causing this?

Yes, we checked the simple things: Is the name the same as his profile. Is he editing it in the right spot (EDIT BELOW THIS LINE ftw!)? Yes. We walked through it for about an hour (with 4 of us in the channel), and before that, one other guy was assisting him.

We're pretty experienced Ace / Six-Updater users but this is the second problem in a week that has us scratching our heads.

My best guess: Clear the virtualstore :D

His RPT should show if the name value is correct btw. If it isn't there are warnings listed.