Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

Aushilfe;1635498']A M1A2 version will be back when its done.

*Wishes for a loader that can actually "Turn In"* :D

The mod did i have no crosshairs.

I love to play with the crosshairs, i can do something for they back to the game?

thanks

Wow this one hasn't been asked a million times before. It's been a while though. ;)

Search works:

http://forums.bistudio.com/search.php?searchid=936874

http://forums.bistudio.com/showpost.php?p=1578410&postcount=4230

Good luck and take care.

i am running version 359 but my buddy is running 349

and we are trying to lan but it wont let him update it says everything is updated fully.

but the main page of the six updater suite says that the latest is 359 and for his current it says none.

is their any download link or a way to manualy update it to 359

thx

HuntIR monitor, is that one gone, I cant get it to work. Please tell me how I can use it.

If it still in use by ace 2?

i am running version 359 but my buddy is running 349

and we are trying to lan but it wont let him update it says everything is updated fully.

but the main page of the six updater suite says that the latest is 359 and for his current it says none.

is their any download link or a way to manualy update it to 359

thx

First convert the modfolder to be six updater compatible.
HuntIR monitor, is that one gone, I cant get it to work. Please tell me how I can use it.

If it still in use by ace 2?

Sure: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/HuntIR (howto)

If you keep having issues, please re-try with only cba/ace enabled to see if it's a compatibility issue.

Edited by Sickboy

Whats the proper 20 round mag for the MK12 silenced? There is ACE and BIS default 20 rnd mags, but are supersonic so SD useles against AI.

The the best ammo to use with the Mk12 (IMO) is the Mk262 ammo.

Note that the problem with using supersonic ammo in supressed weapons against AI are fixed in ACE. At least they won't hear the gunfire as well, although they'll hear the supersonic cracks (but that only tells someone they're being shot at).

Sure: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/HuntIR (howto)

If you keep having issues, please re-try with only cba/ace enabled to see if it's a compatibility issue.

Thanks, but how do I get to the ACE_HuntIR_monitor?

I have fired one ACE_HuntIR_M203 up in the air, I wait, and see the small parashute, and now, how do I get to the monitor. What button is it on, how do I get to see that HuntIR monitor?

(I have the HuntIR monitor with and on me)

Hi there,

since a Dev Heaven ticket regarding the NVG adjustment is already created, I won't add another. Instead, I have a little tip for those playing SP sneaky SPECOP missions or campaigns like SEAL TEAM SIX and desparately need adjustable NVG.

I use a modfolder called @TMP as last one in my SP modline; and that one contains all the addons I either want to use for a current mission/campaign only OR want to override the previously loaded mods such as ACE stuff.

If I put the GDT HDR mod into that folder, I can use it as a quick fix allowing me to set NVG brightness levels (works also after loading a savegame) until the next ACE update fixes the generic NVG adjustment.

That is just a little tip, I don't mean to say this GDT HDR mod is "better" than the ACE adjustment system; it is another scripting approach and it works on top of an ACE installation if you want it to, that's all there is to say.

Did I already say how cool SP missions and campaigns with ACE/GL4/SLX are even if ACE is originally designed for MP?

THIS is what I was looking forward to when I bought Arma 2: the efforts of the addon makers to constantly improve the game. Like the ACE developers do. Thank you very much for your dedication,

touristo

Cheers touristo! Love the constructivism :)

@splatsh; hopefully someone else can jump in and help, im afraid my HuntIR experience is limited :)

I have fired one ACE_HuntIR_M203 up in the air, I wait, and see the small parashute, and now, how do I get to the monitor. What button is it on, how do I get to see that HuntIR monitor?

"Activate HUNTIR Monitor" from the action menü.

"Activate HUNTIR Monitor" from the action menü.

And that is default with mouse scroll?

If it is then I dont get that option to activate my monitor...

Thats why I ask.

And now I am only have CBA and ACE addon.

Hit the action button.

EDIT:

Oops, missed the answer some how.

I'm hearing about some servers still experiencing Version Mismatch messages, even though the users are already playing on the server for quite a while, and have (confirmed) the correct version installed.

This can only happen when someone joins with an older version, and only if something's seriously screwed up somewhere... (It isn't intended behaviour!! Intended behaviour is warn everyone by radio message, but only disconnect the user with wrong version)

Would love to find and nail that bug... So anyone experiencing this (mismatch is fine when you really have a different version than server. But you really shouldnt get this in the middle of the game, and certainly not when you have the right version yourself :))

Any info welcome. However it would be very useful to add rpt's of at least server and 1 client.

Edited by Sickboy

My case: 2 servers, same mods same versions, only one server is WinXP64 the other is Win2003. The XP64 server gives ACEX mismatches (but allows you to play) while the other one works just fine.

Good server init:

21:58:16 0:03:35.284 (0:00:24.921) [x\cba\addons\versioning\versioning.sqf:5] : cba_versioning_versions=["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","tasmx","ace","acex","acexpla","tasm"],[[[0,4,0,98],-1],[[0,0,1,4],-1],[[1,1,1,359],-1],[[1,1,1,239],-1],[[1,1,1,19],-1],[[0,0,1,20],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]

Bad server init and warning:

21:32:16 26:08:44.859 (0:00:00.000) [x\cba\addons\versioning\versioning.sqf:5] : cba_versioning_versions=["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","tasmx","ace","ACEX","acexpla","tasm"],[[[0,4,0,98],-1],[[0,0,1,4],-1],[[1,1,1,359],-1],[[1,1,1,239],-1],[[1,1,1,19],-1],[[0,0,1,20],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]

17:17:52 69:54:20.438 (43:44:48.031) cba_versioning - ACEX - Version Mismatch! (Machine: delta_1 (Rob) version: [[0,0,0],0], serverVersion: [[1,1,1,239],-1], Level: 4)

Client RPT:

0:03:27.738 (43:45:00.094) [x\cba\addons\versioning\versioning.sqf:5] : cba_versioning_versions=["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","tasmx","ace","acex","acexpla","tasm"],[[[0,4,0,98],-1],[[0,0,1,4],-1],[[1,1,1,359],-1],[[1,1,1,239],-1],[[1,1,1,19],-1],[[0,0,1,20],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]

0:03:30.818 (43:45:03.125) cba_versioning - ACEX - Version Mismatch! (Machine: delta_1 (Rob) version: [[0,0,0],0], serverVersion: [[1,1,1,239],-1], Level: 4)

0:03:30.951 (43:45:03.297) [x\cba\addons\versioning\versioning.sqf:38] : cba_versioning_versions_server=["#CBA_HASH#",["cba","tasmx","ace","ACEX","acexpla","tasm"],[[[0,4,0,98],-1],[[0,0,1,4],-1],[[1,1,1,359],-1],[[1,1,1,239],-1],[[1,1,1,19],-1],[[0,0,1,20],-1]],[[0,0,0],0]]

Notice how on the bad server (meaning the one that gives mismatch warnings) ACEX appears in uppercase.

Thanks!

Yep the issue on bad server is that acex is listed as ACEX as opposed to acex.

It is odd that it loads as ACEX on that server, looking into.

I'll adjust the versioning system to process them all in lowercase as it is case insensitive in config anyway.

Implemented for next update: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10845

Edited by Sickboy

Some more detailed instructions and hints for using the HuntIR can be found here.

http://freeace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Usage

Request:

AI medic PRIO system.

Were wounded teammates get a prio NR or code.

AI medic get to work as soon as one in team is wounded. (IF!! set to Engage at will)...

Each Wounded gets a Prio were SQ Leader is PRIO 1.

If SqL gets wounded AFTER, it produces an overide, and thus

gets PRIO 1..

EDIT:

As we dont have a system that differ a Legwound from a torso wound

each wound gets Prio according to List..

IE:

F2 get shoot..PRIO 1

F6 get shoot..PRIO 2

F3 get shoot..PRIO 3

SqL get shot..OVERIDE PRIO 1

F2 is now Prio 2

F6 is PRIO 3

and so on..

HMM...

PS: Could be anoying since Medic can only carry so much Bandage, Morphine, Epinephrine.

If they could somehow restock inventory from MedicPack..That would solve a great deal.

Edited by Andersson[SWEC]

Is there a way to get back the Dialogue you can start with the AI?

Hi guys,

Searched the thread, other websites, couldn't find an answer, so here it goes!

Is it possible and how can I add ACE balaclavas, glasses, etc. to non-playable characters in the editor via the initialization line (or any other way for that matter)?

To be more specific, lets say I put a few non-playable units on a map via the editor, and add to their equipment some of those superduper awesome balaclava's. How can I make them wear those items right away, when I start the preview? This prevents me from having to make those units playable, switching to each unit to make them put on the balaclava manually via the action menu. Hope it is possible, otherwise forgetaboutit...

PS. Do the ACE guys accept donations or anything? The modding community makes the game worthwhile, so I feel strange about paying BI for an unfinished product, and leaving the guys who fix and improve it to do it for free!

Hi guys,

Searched the thread, other websites, couldn't find an answer, so here it goes!

Is it possible and how can I add ACE balaclavas, glasses, etc. to non-playable characters in the editor via the initialization line (or any other way for that matter)?

To be more specific, lets say I put a few non-playable units on a map via the editor, and add to their equipment some of those superduper awesome balaclava's. How can I make them wear those items right away, when I start the preview? This prevents me from having to make those units playable, switching to each unit to make them put on the balaclava manually via the action menu. Hope it is possible, otherwise forgetaboutit...

PS. Do the ACE guys accept donations or anything? The modding community makes the game worthwhile, so I feel strange about paying BI for an unfinished product, and leaving the guys who fix and improve it to do it for free!

That IS a major bummer..:(

You will find all the key maps in the ace_keys.hpp found in driveletter:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // app

shift = 0;

Yes, thank you, but those are for US layouts, aren't they?