Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

Rogue, use Yoma updater:

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/show/yoma-addonsync2009

The link to have the ACE 2 server on the the Addon Sync is somewhere in this thread, and I believe is also on Armaholic download page.

I'm kinda confused, this is a list of MP servers? I don't see how this will 'sync' my addons.

I installed ACE2 with the 'Six Updater' and it completed and the game launched.

But my command prompt stated the following

ace.jpg

What does this mean? The game launched with the mod just fine it seemed, but I want to clear up these errors

*grumble* *grumble* I need me my M1A2 back :mad: no offense to Aushlife and all but I just don't feel "up to date" with an M1A1 in the Army's vehicles.

I might get back lash at this (oh well:rolleyes:) but is there a way to get the good ol BIS M1A2 TUSK back in the Army's armor section? I kinda need it for a machinima I'm workin on but I need ACE at the same time....

@Halochief

You could make an override config turning the scope for the old M1A2 back into true, or I think you can add it via scripting (createVehicle, I think, check the Biki).

The new TUSK is a lot better looking though, you could just pretend it's an M1A2 TUSK :p

@RogueBlade:

The "Folder already exists.." message means you've got an ACE folder already that's not managed by the updater, in which case it doesn't touch that folder. If you've downloaded a stable release of ACE and want to use the updater on it, there's some instructions to that effect somewhere (I don't have time to look them up now, but I think they're linked to a few pages back).

The "Mod is tagged 'skip'.." messages means autoskip is on. Untill you've got everything installed, you should uncheck the 'Auto Skip' checkbox in the updater and press the 'Reset Skip Status' button before running the updater the next time.

@Rogueblade; Renamed "Latest version" to "Mod stats (version, size etc)", and added small helpful messages to Pick a Release, and Stable release, that hopefully help.

@Halochief; the vehicle is only hidden from the editor, you can manually put it in your mission.sqm. Here's the ticket that lead to replacement; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/6763

@Myke: The link is already there. The latest stable release v1.1 release notes link. We don't like to duplicate our information and maintain it at multiple locations, so we link :)

Besides, nobody stops anyone from going to armaholic.com and looking up ACE either. It's not as if the BIF is the only platform to look up mods.

More noob friendly; this is an interesting argument especially from you, considering you blame the Multiplayer Hell, on ACEX (combination of a lot of mods), due to it's simplicity, and easy access.

I think it is obvious that nothing can be noob-friendly enough for people. Most people just want the most easy way out, and some are crazy enough to provide this; that's fine, their choice, but as your argument goes: It makes the situation worse!

We have a massive documentation, support / bug tracking features, are 'on the job' every single day, many ways to contribute (wiki is editable!) but it is never enough.

People complain that (any) mods in multiplayer is crap because of all the management involved, getting the same version as the server you want to play on now, and another tomorrow etc.

Solutions are being worked on (how many people do that?), but you for example don't even look at it (not even to provide constructive critics to help solve a common problem), and blame ACEX.

I can't (nor wont) live up to that expectation; no one can. And generally this is also why we do what we do, how we do it.

And looking at GLT_Missilebox.7z you can't either; I wonder how a (noob) user that won't read a few lines of text (actually the readme contains no installation info at all, nor contact/support info!), to be able to figure out to create an Addons folder, and which files to use or not to use.

Don't get me wrong; It's all good... But I think it shows no-one is holy here, everyone can improve, and as the famous saying goes; you might want to start with yourself :)

Maybe we can point the looking-glass elsewhere? If the objective is improving ACE or related projects, there are many constructive ways to accomplish this, I believe this BIF jabber generally isn't part of that :)

Example: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10832

Edited by Sickboy

*grumble* *grumble* I need me my M1A2 back :mad: no offense to Aushlife and all but I just don't feel "up to date" with an M1A1 in the Army's vehicles.

I might get back lash at this (oh well:rolleyes:) but is there a way to get the good ol BIS M1A2 TUSK back in the Army's armor section? I kinda need it for a machinima I'm workin on but I need ACE at the same time....

You can add the BIS M1A2 via createVehicle, that's the only oppurtunity you have. I decided to remove it because it is modelled very inaccurate and has no proper hitpoints (as a consequence the armor system does not work properly).

@Myke: The link is already there. The latest stable release v1.1 release notes link.

I'm sorry, missed the mirrors there. I wasn't expecting a list of mirrors under "release notes". Maybe expanding this text to "release notes and alternative mirrors" would be of help for n00bz like me. :D Just a suggestion.

And i have to agree, i'm also far from being perfect at documentation, probably stepped in the same trap as many others addonmakers: things are so obvious for me sometimes that it doesn't come to my mind to document it.

That said, on some complex projects, i place my wife at my pc, show her the documentation i made (not for the missilebox though) and tell her to follow it.

This is a good way for me to see if the documentation works or i have to rewrite parts of it.

But as you already know yourself: "Make something idiot-proof and someone will invent a better idiot".

Maybe expanding this text to "release notes and alternative mirrors" would be of help for n00bz like me. :D Just a suggestion.

Good point, i'll see what we can do to improve on that.

Still i'd like to stress the ability of contribution. People with a lot of requests/feedback/critics, could consider our invitation; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Contribute

Edited by Sickboy

Hello) A new day a new question for team ACE or for those who know :)

In the editor have ammobox (mk19,dshk,.....) I put them on map! and created module AI static!

question: But! I can not install these weapons! Jast only AI :( What I need to write in the line module? that it works for me :confused: (map: Domination ACE East AI)

(not sure that Google has translated my question correctly) But you understand my idea? :)

Thx. Kesh

Sure :) You need to use the self-interaction menu iirc. Right Windows, or Application key.

great mod guys, plus fantastic weapons which add realism to the game

Edited by stevieboy

Hi guys

Busy making an Armoured Assault(MP) mission, noticed that there are random numbers/names set on the sides of the tanks. A very cool feature, so thanks for that ACE team!

My question is, can this be "set in stone" for our mission? I'd like to assign callsigns/crew to specific tanks to add immersion.

Cheers

HT

Anyone? Please? :D

Anyone? Please? :D
There's different scripts used depending on the Model.

For the M1, the script is located in acex_c_veh_m1\scripts, named markings.sqf. There's atm no official API to influence these, but you might be able to hack something together with this info?

There's different scripts used depending on the Model.

For the M1, the script is located in acex_c_veh_m1\scripts, named markings.sqf. There's atm no official API to influence these, but you might be able to hack something together with this info?

Thnx Sickboy

The self-interaction key doesn't work for me. I have a Tarantula Razer keyboard with Swedish layout. How do I find out the keycode for the right app key?

The self-interaction key doesn't work for me. I have a Tarantula Razer keyboard with Swedish layout. How do I find out the keycode for the right app key?

You will find all the key maps in the ace_keys.hpp found in driveletter:\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\userconfig\ACE

class Self_Interaction_Menu {

key = 221; // app

shift = 0;

The mod did i have no crosshairs.

I love to play with the crosshairs, i can do something for they back to the game?

thanks

Gilbk if you used the search button youw would see that you have to go to your user config file for crosshairs.

Use the search be the search.

The mod did i have no crosshairs.

I love to play with the crosshairs, i can do something for they back to the game?

thanks

Sure, edit your "ace_clientside_config", comment the NO_CROSS parameter.

Should be like: //#define ACE_NOCROSS

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Userconfig

Whats the proper 20 round mag for the MK12 silenced? There is ACE and BIS default 20 rnd mags, but are supersonic so SD useles against AI.

Is the missing M1A2 TUSK going to screw up missions with the TUSK already in them?

Nope, the tank is just hidding in the editor.

You can add the BIS M1A2 via createVehicle, that's the only oppurtunity you have. I decided to remove it because it is modelled very inaccurate and has no proper hitpoints (as a consequence the armor system does not work properly).
Edited by Smurf

Is the missing M1A2 TUSK going to screw up missions with the TUSK already in them?

Negativo.