Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

i love the new tusk but can you explain what is the difference of a HA tusk and HC (just the corps ?) and did you plain to add a visor on the loader gun ? (eotech or other) http://www.fprado.com/armorsite/Abrams_Pics/M1A2-TUSK-upg-2005-1.jpg like in this picture

Army and Corps version, right. Smokelaunchers are different in form and number. There are still tweaks to do and some stuff did not slipped in the last update. Loaderscope was planned but delayed for the moment, as the russian side needs some love. ;)

sorry to bug u again, sixupdater updated, it said it installed acex pla or whatever but my version still says 1,1,1,349? what the problem here

Didn't get this info anywhere. How do I enable fire&smoke of destroyed custom model in ACE2? Without ACE2 works normally but with the mod only destroyed model appears without any effects?
Please add a support ticket with the specifics; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues/new
how can I get six-updater to update the arma2-inst that is on E:\(vista) instead of updating the arma2-inst that is on c:\(xp) ?
Sure :) Just need to tell the updater which arma to use :)

Custom ArmA Installation folder

sorry to bug u again, sixupdater updated, it said it installed acex pla or whatever but my version still says 1,1,1,349? what the problem here
The update program tells you during processing if there are issues or if you have to perform something.

I'm guessing you have installed an ACE stable version, downloaded from one of the mirrors like armaholic?

If this is the case, the only way you can update with six-updater to the latest version is to convert it to Six Updater first:

How to convert an existing modfolder to be compatible with updater

Edited by Sickboy

Just like the title says, I cant play my eagle wing campaign because Im missing that file. I have the most up to date ace mod that I just did today. Has anyone gotten this before? It just recently started doing this. Any help? Thanks guys

Merged the last post in here, sounds like an ACE problem.

Thank you ACE team for yet another update. And please hug tpM from me and tell him the new sounds totaly rocks. :)

Thank you.

Just like the title says, I cant play my eagle wing campaign because Im missing that file. I have the most up to date ace mod that I just did today. Has anyone gotten this before? It just recently started doing this. Any help? Thanks guys

That file was probably removed in a recent update. If you've started a mission/campaign and an ACE2 update comes out it's highly recommended to start the mission over or not update ACE2 until you've finished the current mission. If that's what you did, you'll have to replay that mission of the campaign.

Hi masters,

How I to deploy the ACE's ropes using a helicopter in the air and using a script to do this?

Detail: I don't want to use a mate to do this, only a script. It's is possible?

Best Regards

Thank you ACE team for yet another update. And please hug tpM from me and tell him the new sounds totaly rocks. :)

Thank you.

What.....? :confused:

The new sounds are....just....horrible. I was in so much shock when I first heard the AK and M4. It was the worst thing ever. They literally sound like someone is shooting an electric airsoft gun! Why would you ruin the sound!? The ones you had in the earlier version were so awesome! They were perfect. Now you add these bass-less airsoft gun sounds!

Plus why does each gun have multiple different sounds!? I put down a Russian Crewman with AK74u and the sound was horrible, was like some one clapping. Then I put down RU Basic Weapons box and take an AK74u and it sounds alot different. Not really good at all, but different than the other. It's just annoying... -_-

PLEASE...Update this ASAP with the old sounds or brand new ones. Basically every single weapon sounds horrible besides the M107 and all the Heavy MG's.

:(

I'm actually really sad because I love(d) ACEX_SM. It was the best sound mod. Now I would actually prefer Stock sounds over this crap. :mad:

Edited by Enad

actually really sad because I love(d) ACEX_SM. It was the best sound mod. Now I would actually prefer Stock sounds over this crap. :mad:

Sorry to say it, but i concur. But this could be a some other bug, because at my end this sounds nothing like the two samples here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/10439

What.....? :confused:

The new sounds are....just....horrible. I was in so much shock when I first heard the AK and M4. It was the worst thing ever. They literally sound like someone is shooting an electric airsoft gun! Why would you ruin the sound!? The ones you had in the earlier version were so awesome! They were perfect. Now you add these bass-less airsoft gun sounds!

Plus why does each gun have multiple different sounds!? I put down a Russian Crewman with AK74u and the sound was horrible, was like some one clapping. Then I put down RU Basic Weapons box and take an AK74u and it sounds alot different. Not really good at all, but different than the other. It's just annoying... -_-

PLEASE...Update this ASAP with the old sounds or brand new ones. Basically every single weapon sounds horrible besides the M107 and all the Heavy MG's.

:(

I'm actually really sad because I love(d) ACEX_SM. It was the best sound mod. Now I would actually prefer Stock sounds over this crap.

If it would sound like airsoft guns i wouldnt have said it sounded good would i? :rolleyes: Doesnt sound anything like airsoft on my rig and sound system. It sounds much closer to reality now than before. It was good before but now those sounds i tested sounded super clear and non-gamey at all. And please stop calling peoples work "crap".

You cant please them all - thats how it is.

Edited by Alex72

Interesting not yet updated, but aren't they sounding like the bits Tpm has posted in that linked Dev-heaven ticket?

Every small arms has 3 slightly different fire sound, like in the "old" version. IMO, they sound much better than the old ones. Im using a mid quality headphone and a crappy onboard soundcard (using Arma with autio effects at 100%). Im thinking about releasing the "old" ACEXSM sounds seperately...

Your doing a good job tpM. Im happy the way its evolving, but if its not too much work for you the old sounds would please some as we can see.

Even though i myself wouldnt cared much about people calling my work crap.

Well i think for the sake of "pleasing as most as possible" i would integrate also the "old style" sounds into ACEX_SM and would supply a choseable config-entry in the client_side config file, so users are able to chose what style they want to use.

Just updated and tried it, they are really great.... i think however the M4 Sounds could be slightly reworked compared to the M16 sound... M4 sounds somehow a tiny bit "deeper" in RL.

Now for the future tpM could move on and integrate awesome sounds for bullet-cracks, distant "crackles", near flyby sounds to give the total audible battlefield experience :-) :p

New sounds are...interesting. I'm not hearing rain noises at all either. :/

I'd say the sounds could use some more "oomph"

Am I the only ones hearing the new sounds differently then??!?

Seriously. I wouldnt be this upset normally. If I had the old sound mod and the new one at the same time, I would record both and show everyone what im hearing. Seriously, I don't know how anyone could like the new sounds. They are the dullest and least bassiest gun sounds I've ever heard. Am I seriously hearing it differently than everyone else??

I enjoyed the old sound mod alot with my speakers. I have a very bassy speaker system and the old sound mod was perfect. It sounded super realistic and had the perfect volume and bass! The new sounds...augh...I cant even think about it.

I know I'm being harsh, but I don't understand how anyone can think the new sounds are good. I really must be hearing something else...because its bad...really bad. :(

Edited by Enad

Love the new sounds, best ACEX_SM ever. Guess they are very differently perceived with various soundcard/speakers/headsets combinations, I can understand that what sounds best to me can sound like crap to someone else. I'd hate to see these go away again.

Many thanks tpM !

Creative X-Fi XtremeGamer card, Logitech Premium Stereo Headset

Edited by Robalo_AS

Guess they are very differently perceived with various soundcard/speakers/headsets combinations

Nope. Sorry to say it, but having a rip-off sound card will not warp pitches into something that sounds good. the SM pack is pretty bad, I don't use it. I am using the TR sound packs that actually contain recordings of the various REAL vehicles like the M1A1 etc. You guys should check it out, it's available at Armaholic. Here's their bi thread http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=93872

The discussion is about weapon sounds, not vehicles'...

tpM. The thing is all the sounds are absurdly too low in bass....That's basically the only problem. Besides the fact the old sound mod sounded wayyy more realistic...but whatever.

Honestly, I agree with Enad about these new sounds.

Also, I was wondering what happened to this project?

leupoldhk_large.jpg

I've been dying for some proper optics on the HK416s :cool:

(about sound)

I do not know how good or bad sound on the (Blufor) side! (test jast part RU) :p But! sound of (Russian) arms! good! :rthumb: Part (Kalashnikov) - Super! :thumb::uzi: