Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. 2 - v1.2 stable (Advanced Combat Environment) Old

I'm getting the same issue though. The earplugs or any ACE related thing will not work since the last update for me but it will work for others. I have had to reinstall ACE 3 times already. this week to fix various problems and I hope reinstalling - yet again - will work.

P.S. Can anyone advise on how to use the placable spotting telescope? - I can put it down and get in it as 'gunner', but that doesn't bring up a magnified view for me.

I have the same problem. I normally use Numpad 0 to go Prone and have since had no ability to look into any kind of Fixed-Weapon scope. Mk19, M2, Artillery, Bradley, Spotting Scope.

How and where do I rebind this key? I don't see anything in the ACE keys config file and nothing in the ArmAII menus. Why can't I simply zoom in with MouseBttn2?

I'm getting the same issue though. The earplugs or any ACE related thing will not work since the last update for me but it will work for others. I have had to reinstall ACE 3 times already. this week to fix various problems and I hope reinstalling - yet again - will work.

Might that be that you've set it (by mistake I presume) to overwrite the userconfig folder, replacing your fixed config with a default one, thus breaking all glasses. Did you check that the ace_clientside_config.hpp was your modified one?

I have the same problem. I normally use Numpad 0 to go Prone and have since had no ability to look into any kind of Fixed-Weapon scope. Mk19, M2, Artillery, Bradley, Spotting Scope.

How and where do I rebind this key? I don't see anything in the ACE keys config file and nothing in the ArmAII menus. Why can't I simply zoom in with MouseBttn2?

Many static weapons need their own button for optics, this was in vanilla too. I don't know why. Default key is numpad 0, I have it bound to thumb button on my mouse. It's the same action that is bound to mouse2, but you need another button for it to work. I guess it's the zooming that is also bound to mouse2, which then breaks the optics.

My best guess: Clear the virtualstore :D

His RPT should show if the name value is correct btw. If it isn't there are warnings listed.

I suppose i'm not completely down with the ACE lingo. Virtualstore?

Thanks for the fast reply.

No ACE update this evening Sickboy? ( I would have PM'd you but the forum prevents it)

I suppose i'm not completely down with the ACE lingo. Virtualstore?

Thanks for the fast reply.

Google is your friend.

any work around, quick fix for acex_wep_rh_ak as most of are missions now don't appear to work?

Sorry for the late announce, ACE update was released at the usual schedule.

A.C.E. 1.1 Update #3 Released! (rSync mirror network in sync and awaiting your requests!)

• Release Notes
  • Please see the first post for additional information.

Enjoy!

The build was hotfixed to fix the acex_wep_rh_ak, sorry :)

Edited by Sickboy

*Nevermind the first part im quite clearly turning blind I thought you guys added an Eotech scope to one of the M4s**

And also I can't see the US navy Faction in the Editor (I thought it was implemented but no units were under it)

Edited by Liam!!!!

Kellys ACE Server & YAS Repo updated to ACE b.353

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2 YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

Alternatively you can click on this link to access both Repos directly from YAS-> Kelly's AddonSync Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

PS...had to do a re-update as the first one only updated to b352 probably due to an issue in one of the six updater mirrors.

Edited by Cross

United Global Armed Force [uGAF] @ACE Server & YAS Repo updated to b353

Auto config url:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Server/modreopo.7z

or just use this link bellow and select save when yoma opens.

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/UGAF_ACE_Server.yas

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthre...d=591#post_591

LJF: set difficulty to Veteran.

It's always on for me, regardless of the difficulty, I restarted with a higher difficulty and it was still there.

first of all, i tested ACE2 a few hours and yes i like it. pretty cool mod, but i have an ArmA2 server and ACE2 IS NOT running on it!

So many people using ACE2 are connecting to my server and crashing it all the time. :mad:

is there a way to kick ACE2 user automaticaly from my server?? i dont want to use bikeys, because i use some addons which are not signed.

i found a few server commands on wiki i used in my server.cfg but nothing worked.

Do you guys have any idea?

Might that be that you've set it (by mistake I presume) to overwrite the userconfig folder, replacing your fixed config with a default one, thus breaking all glasses. Did you check that the ace_clientside_config.hpp was your modified one?

Negative. Thanks for helping but I completely reinstalled ACE and set up my config again and I still can't use any earplugs or any ACE related items.

Here is my Userconfig file.... And yes, I double checked the name to make sure it is my in-game name.

thanks to have listen the ace community and add a pre version of TF86 seals (lock for the moment) in the udapte , we really like your decision =) take care

Minizzzile I bet your editing the wrong config file there is two and you need to edit the right one im not on me main pc now so cant show you.

Minizzzile I bet your editing the wrong config file there is two and you need to edit the right one im not on me main pc now so cant show you.

Which file do I need to edit? I have always used this one before to make it work...

Thank you.

ok from the main site i did this once and was like wtf why aint it working :P

To get the earplugs, gasmask, tactical glasses etc to work there are a couple of things you need to do.

1. Go into your Arma 2/Userconfig/ACE folder. (NOT to be confused with @ACE/userconfig folder)

2. Then open ace_clientside_config.hpp in notepad or similar and scroll down to class Identity.

3. Replace name = "John Doe"; with name = "<your_profile_name>";

Example: if the name of the profile is "VKing" then you would add => name = "VKing";

If you did it right the masks and goggles should be working in-game.

Pick them up from the ace special weapons crate, and activate them from the action menu.

first of all, i tested ACE2 a few hours and yes i like it. pretty cool mod, but i have an ArmA2 server and ACE2 IS NOT running on it!

So many people using ACE2 are connecting to my server and crashing it all the time. :mad:

is there a way to kick ACE2 user automaticaly from my server?? i dont want to use bikeys, because i use some addons which are not signed.

i found a few server commands on wiki i used in my server.cfg but nothing worked.

Do you guys have any idea?

We've got an answer for most situations, even how to disallow the mod :D

How can I disallow ACE mod on my Server :cool:

can you tell me how to enable/use the granade radial menu? cant find any documentaion about that.

Edited by Cruzifer

Hi everybody,

this morning I've tried to update ace via sixupdater but, and it's the first time, windows (windows seven 64) has crashed when the internet page has opened.