Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

Probably easiest to use one of the supported betas. The issue should be resolved hopefully at the next official game patch.

The latest betas are supported by the 0.5.2 jayarma2lib version, both the new and old are available for easy install on Six Updater.

"Easy" isn't really the word. JayArma2Lib_new actually removes dsound.dll for some reason beyond me.

Why does it do that?

"Easy" isn't really the word. JayArma2Lib_new actually removes dsound.dll for some reason beyond me.

Why does it do that?

FPDR

Because it doesn't need it anymore?!

Yes I realise that now. Sorry, posted in frutstration.

Everything is working now.

Hi all,

any news if ArmaX is now supported ?

Thanks !

I'm playing around with arma2mysql and trying to get it working. Everything seems to be fine, except one critical problem. I start mission, pipe gets opened, then if I stop mission and restart it without closing pipe, it can't connect to the same pipe, i guess because it's blocked already. How can one handle this? ACRE is working somehow, but I guess it somehow handles this situation inside dll.

Just tried to play ARMA with ACE after a holdup in gaming and i´m launching it through Six updater, and when I launch it an error with JayArma2Lib comes up saying that either wrong ARMA version or unable to check version comes up! I´ve tried google the problem and such, but i´ve come up with no solution there. Please can anybody come with any helpful advice`?

when i use jayarma2lib_new on six , i can't use it..dsound.dll not loaded ingame..no clue .. I can't install it, says its incompatible , i mean the new one with jayarma2extensions. Can somebody plz explain how to do it?

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

Probably easiest to use one of the supported betas. The issue should be resolved hopefully at the next official game patch.

The latest betas are supported by the 0.5.2 jayarma2lib version, both the new and old are available for easy install on Six Updater.

pushed..sorry, it's important . not able to install jayarma2lib_new on six, incompatible it says..thats the new one, i assume all the others are having the same issue, when they say they got dsound.dll not loaded, cause on six it's automatically picking the r61(old)

Edit: I don't know what i did, but now it works..really strange

Edited by Fruity_Rudy

It only picks _new if you have the OA beta active, and the installed version on your machine is compatible with _new.

Otherwise it picks the original old version, which only works on specific OA versions, the ones that the dll supports.

I think a lot of people in here do not understand what you mean with OA beta active. I managed to do it know, cause i misunderstood one of the buttons in six. You may should do tiny screenshot or so, don't know. I think thats the only point that poeple don't understand and ask over and over again.

Why is the same discussion happening about SIX in both this thread and the ACRE thread?

I deleted my old one and referred to this, cause its about jayarma2lib..I guess for people it#s always ACRE , not 2 different things

I'm sorry if you hear this AGAIN, but I can't solve the problem with this error message:

JayArma2Lib: Incompatible version of ArmA2 or unable to check version.

I'm using ArmA 2 Standalone that I've bought on Steam, I have Six Updater and my game version is 1.11.0.86734

I have found several 'instructions', but they were either for OA or didn't work at all. So could you please help me?

Nico

(Please excuse my bad english, I'm not a native speaker.)

JayArma2Lib is only supported for OA now. Sorry. You really should get OA, it adds a lot to the game. :)

Hi, i've never had serious issues with JA2Lib nor ACRE, but now, since we are using JayArma2Lib_new via SIX Updater and 1.60 beta I have suspicion that ACRE lost its 3D positioning in game. I have 5.1 surround, but I'am able to hear stereo sound (left/right) only when someone is speaking directly nearby. Game sounds like shooting and explosions works perfectly. Is it known issue? Problem could be somewhere else, ofc, but i couldnt find anything.

Thanks.

ACRE Thread

Its a TS Problem. The 3D sound doesn´t seem to work with some 5.1 devices. I had that problem too for a long time, but it works again. If you have problems then switch your sound to stereo.

ACRE Thread

Its a TS Problem. The 3D sound doesn´t seem to work with some 5.1 devices. I had that problem too for a long time, but it works again. If you have problems then switch your sound to stereo.

I forgot to mention i tried manually set 3D sound in TS without Arma involved (right click on channel) just to be sure and it worked fine. So, im not sure if it's TS problem. Anyway it's not gamebreaking bug, i can live with it pretty well, i was just curious if anyone else has encoutered the same.

hi guys,

I installed Arma and OA , and ofc i installed ACE and ACR and beta

but i get this error

JayArma2Lib: Incompatible version of ArmA2 or unable to check version.

1.sound.dll is in the beta folder

2..dll is is the ts3 plugin folder

3.used the @JayArma2Lib_new folder and tried the @JayArma2Lib folder

4.let sixupdater created the shortcut

i tried to run the latest beta ,without succes, also tried to serach the problem but i can only see the same problems

So it wont run with the latest update and beta
It runs fine with the latest beta, just don't use dsound.dll and make sure you are actually using the new JayArma2lib.

Six Updater takes care of everything if you install and launch ACRE with the latest OA beta installed and enabled.

It runs fine with the latest beta, just don't use dsound.dll and make sure you are actually using the new JayArma2lib.

Six Updater takes care of everything if you install and launch ACRE with the latest OA beta installed and enabled.

yeah when i do like you say i`ll get

ACRE:dsound.dll not loaded in arma directory check your @JayArma2Lib instalation

i double check if i used the @JayArma2lib_new.

I have an error in the RPT when using the write pipe functionality:

Error in expression <
};
_args = _args + _str;

};
_return = _JERR_ERR_U;
_call = _functionName + ",">
 Error position: <_JERR_ERR_U;
_call = _functionName + ",">
 Error Undefined variable in expression: _jerr_err_u
File x\jayarma2lib\addons\common\XEH_preinit.sqf, line 24

Is this something to be concerned about? Thank in advance. :)