Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

I installed the latest version on Six Updater, and using the latest beta I am still getting the error in-game where it says "dsound.dll is not loaded, check your JayArmA2Lib installation" or something of that nature. I've tried Verify and Repair several times but it still doesn't seem to work. Ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. You have to manually copy the dsound.dll file into the beta directory. Should have figured but I wasn't thinking about it since I kinda thought it would do that automatically.

Edited by MavericK96

I installed the latest version on Six Updater, and using the latest beta I am still getting the error in-game where it says "dsound.dll is not loaded, check your JayArmA2Lib installation" or something of that nature. I've tried Verify and Repair several times but it still doesn't seem to work. Ideas?

EDIT: Never mind, figured it out. You have to manually copy the dsound.dll file into the beta directory. Should have figured but I wasn't thinking about it since I kinda thought it would do that automatically.

It will put the Dll in the beta folder, you have to allow it, and have it set up in your options to do it(auto process). Just ran it and its all automagic. Edited by kklownboy

It does. expansion/beta mod must be enabled in SU, and ACRE/jayarma2lib as well. Run Install or Update, and enjoy the magic.

Even installs the ACRE plugin to TS3 plugins (if TS3 is properly installed).

Edited by Sickboy

Yep, says JayArmA2Lib is not compatible with the latest beta when I start up ACRE.

84628 is the last supported beta. Says so in the last update. You'll have to wait till the next update to use the newer betas.

Updated for beta 84984.

Auto-update pushed

live on SU Network

bad news. this beta uses many server crashes. in newest it is fixed (beta build 85015)

here the changelog:

[84984] arma2oa.exe stuck after 5h run time

OA beta patch 84984 dedicated server crash when exiting

:(

So sorry that i have to confirm this - same mission crashed a couple of times after 2 minutes of gameplay. With beta 85015 everything is ok.

Changes:

[84984] arma2oa.exe stuck after 5h run time

OA beta patch 84984 dedicated server crash when exiting

A update for 85015 would be very great... always the same... damn :confused:

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

An Update would be very great indeed. We are hosting an Event this afternoon (in six hours) and would really like to know if you will have a new Version ready until then. Otherwise we will have to downgrade to an older Beta.

In the mean time, 85015 on the dedicated (without jaylib) and 84984 on the clients (with jaylib) works very well, in common setups you don't need the lib on the server.

Is this setting also stable for Client?

We made some experience about Client crashs when beta differs from Server.

Jaynus needs to keep up with the betas better, jeez.

:p

he does have a RL and a RL job :D give him some time ...

but where is the jaylib for the new beta :rolleyes:

but where is the jaylib for the new beta :rolleyes:

I hate bumping, but its real PAIN to play with 84628 (the latest stable beta compatible with the lib). Please, give us an update!

Imo it would be better if jaynus will wait till BIS made their "last betabuild of the week" before updating JayArmA2Lib. No need for updates on every betabuild or just because some people need their "fix" every day. ;)

No, it is important to keep up with the betas to confirm fixes and improvements, and report CTD's asap, especially now that 1.60 release should be close by.

These betas are especially important to test in MP, which is also ACRE's domain.

So while I agree jay shouldn't need to keep up in sync (same minute beta, same minute dll), but asap is welcome, skipping a couple of days shouldn't be a problem.

Perhaps improve the process further to make it simpler to achieve.

And in case of the currently latest supported beta, it's rather unlucky, as it's a crash-infested build :)

Edited by Sickboy