Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

I get a version error when trying to use this with vanilla aram2

latest arma2 has not been supported yet.

latest arma2 has not been supported yet.

OK Thanks for the reply will await the Update...

Updated for ArmA2OA Beta 82604

Jaynus, does the script that runs the auto updater hide in the dsound.dll?

i still have the issue that I discussed earlier, where if I run as admin while UAC is turn on, the dll crashed the armaoa.exe. I've been running with that turned off to play for the time being.

I've been doing some playing around and i think the crash occurs when the autoupdate script is run, but obviously that may not be the case if it is not in the dsound.dll.

I'd like to get this resolved if possible as I'm not confortable with having to run continuously with UAC turned off.

Regards

Gnrnr

---------- Post added at 10:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:17 AM ----------

I've added -noautoupdate to the mod line and it no longer crashes when right clicking and selecting run as admin.

updater not work for me .concole running . no thing`s else .I am update JayArma2Lib direct link,not updater.

Hi, I'm not sure if it was stated or not, but just in case...

I want to give heads up, about possible problem that was driving me nuts.

Basically, if @JayArma2Lib folder is moved out of main game directory, even when properly added to:

mod=SomeNewPath/@JayArma2Lib game crashes on start, without any explanation, apart from:

"ArmA 2 OA has stopped working", and there is nothing in .RPT file as to what happened.

I'm on win7 so my remedy was to run command:

mklink /j ".\@JayArma2Lib" "Other disk:\MODS\@JayArma2Lib"

in my game directory.

I felt the need to move my mods out of my ssd, to other hdd, after installing SixUpdater

That's by design, because the dsound.dll in the game folder tries to read jayarma2lib.dll from @Jayarma2lib folder.

Instead of moving the full mods off your SSD, you might want to consider to instead only have the .rsync/.pack folders on another drive:

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Why%20does%20SU%20use%20nearly%20double%20diskspace,%20compared%20to%20other%20products%20/%20download%20methods?

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#How%20to%20put%20.rsync/.pack%20folder%20in%20a%20different%20folder/drive

Junctions are a useful workaround too indeed :)

Edited by Sickboy

That's by design, because the dsound.dll in the game folder tries to read jayarma2lib.dll from @Jayarma2lib folder.

I understand, but why @JayArma2lib folder has to be in main game directory, and

can't be subdirectory of some MOD dir. after all is specified with mod=C:/GameDir/MOD/@JayArma2lib

that I do not fully understand. I'm not trying to be picky, just asking.

Instead of moving the full mods off your SSD, you might want to consider to instead only have the .rsync/.pack folders on another drive:

I thought about it, but decided against it, as my SSD space is really scarce.

Instead, only mods/files that have the greatest hit on game performance,

i'll move to SSD and link them back with mklink \j to my MOD folder on HDD.

hmm.. I'll have to see how's that gonna work for me

EDIT2:

Anyway, thank you for your input.

Edited by GROM64

np :)

And yea, I suppose with some work jay could make it work regardless of location.

You see, I have that ... OCD .. issue :crazy:

Tbh, after all, the big issue was: what caused Arma2: OA to crash on start.

It took me quite a while, to re-track, and find out.

Edited by GROM64

Would be great to have a version for BETA 83015 - still want to test the new "forest-feature", but without ACRE - no way! I´m addicted to ACRE since a long time... :cool:

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

;1987811']Would be great to have a version for BETA 83015 - still want to test the new "forest-feature"' date=' but without ACRE - no way! :cool:[/quote']

Does much change between versions of the Beta's that require Jayarma2lib to check the version number of the Beta ? ie would jayarma2lib work ok on most beta's if the version checking was turned off ? or does it have to be compiled to a specific beta exe? Just trying to lighten your work load....

Does much change between versions of the Beta's that require Jayarma2lib to check the version number of the Beta ? ie would jayarma2lib work ok on most beta's if the version checking was turned off ? or does it have to be compiled to a specific beta exe? Just trying to lighten your work load....

It requires specific actions for each beta release.

It requires specific actions for each beta release.

damn... thx

How about specific actions aka updates only on Thursdays/Fridays so people can enjoy/test the latest builds over the weekend and following week? :)

Aother option, is it possible to make a tool that allows ppl to recompile the dll for the new exe's ? Without seeing the source code... Or this is too time consuming....

I am sure Jay has better things to do than keeping up with the rapid release of the beta's...

From what I remember Jay needs to do it by hand every time. There is no way to automate it.

Yet Jay is the right person to confirm and explain this.

From what I remember Jay needs to do it by hand every time. There is no way to automate it.

Yet Jay is the right person to confirm and explain this.

Well then... wake him up... lol

Updated.

For beta 83110 and 83181.

---------- Post added at 01:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:07 PM ----------

Well then... wake him up... lol

And yes...I have to do these by hand, every update.

And yes...I have to do these by hand, every update.

Bummer... No sleep for you...:p

Thanks for the up date....