Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

jayarma2lib autoupdated+DH updated for 81201

Jaynus,

i cannot get Dsound.dll to run with anything I have tried so far for use with ACRE. Dsound.dll gives me the following crash error message in Vista when i try and run ARMA2 as an admin

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name: BEX

Application Name: arma2oa.exe

Application Version: 1.59.79.384

Application Timestamp: 4d8cde6f

Fault Module Name: DSOUND.dll

Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0

Fault Module Timestamp: 4dd6cf43

Exception Offset: 00004748

Exception Code: c0000417

Exception Data: 00000000

OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3

Locale ID: 3081

Additional Information 1: 5821

Additional Information 2: d2df9658ea272e4eadfee2ea7dd5ea0e

Additional Information 3: 2d01

Additional Information 4: af56015aada9ace8223bf8c2694b31fe

i get no error messages when I run as a normal account user, just TS3 and Arma 2 dont connect. I've had this issue since I did a fresh install of Arma due to transferring to a new hard drive. I've possibly missed something in the installation, but cannot figure this out yet. I've tried running the C++ redists etc to no avail.

The Dsound.dll is installed in the Arma 2 directory and in the expansion\beta directory (I'm not running beta's atm though), I'm running CBA, ACRE and JAyarma2lib addons and they show up correctly in arma 2.

Regards

Gnrnr

Edited by gnrnr

Can I get a full directory listing of your @JayArmA2Lib folder?

And is this with the latest version off of DH?

I will do. I'll put this together when I get home.

The issue has been both from the manual install .zip file and the six updater verison after delteing the jayarma2lib completely.

Either way I'll have the file list tonight for you.

Jay arma 2 lib folder contents are:

.rsync

addons (contains 6 pbo files and associated bisign files)

Auxillary (empty folder)

keys

.version.txt

changelog.txt

dsound.dll (21/5/2011)

jayarma2lib.dll (20/5/2011)

readme.txt

version.txt

Thanks

Edited by Foxhound

Ok

Tonight after much fiddling I got arma and TS3 to talk to one another. It didn't hold though. I changed my user account to an admin account, but this didnt work either. I have disabled UAC and now it works. Be better if I could reenable UAC though, but at least it is working now as this is my Favorite mod by far for Arma.

Regards

Gnrnr

Should work with UAC enabled as long as you start both the game and teamspeak with right-click run-as-administrator.

Sickboy, When I did that I got the error listed above. Changing the account to an administrator account didn't help and if I select run as admin, ArmaOA.exe crashes. Turning off UAC was the only thing that enabled it to run. Please let me now nay other ideas I could try as to setup etc to change this as I'm out of em.

This is on a fresh install of the OS (fully updated with all patches etc) too.

81423 sorry. Typo :P

Latest public beta.

Doesn't work with 81423 for me. "Dsound.dll not loaded" error. Take off beta and it works.

oki you need to put the dsound.dll on the beta folder like this (your Arrowhead folder) -> Expansion -> beta -> (put a copy of the dsound.dll) run the game with the beta and *tadam* it works ;)

Next time search before post , this operation had post lot of times !

Already updated...and you PM and posted within 2 hours of the beta getting released :|

Already updated...and you PM and posted within 2 hours of the beta getting released :|

Thanks, and have more betas cumming.And where i can see the new updateds?

How does the write to pipe function identify the end of the write? Do I have to just specify some kind of known end line character and then check that on the application side? How did Acre work with reading a result from JayArma? Thanks.

Will there be an update to support the recent v1.10 update? We would like to get ACRE set up on our server but we are now getting a "Incompatible version" warning.

Jay is out of town till monday, I am sure the updates will start flowing again. We are also in a holding pattern due to a potential ArmA2 OA 1.61 update very soon.

Excellent. I am glad to hear it. We really are looking forward to trying out the ACRE system and this stopped us cold, unfortunately.

As a suggestion, would it be more beneficial for the dialog to not cause a complete stop of the dll if the version is not in the supported array/list and instead give a warning dialog saying it is not compatible with a 'load yes/no' instead?

As a suggestion, would it be more beneficial for the dialog to not cause a complete stop of the dll if the version is not in the supported array/list and instead give a warning dialog saying it is not compatible with a 'load yes/no' instead?

2nd that! :)

What's the last supported beta patch for the current version included in the new ACRE?