Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

WB Jaynus. Small suggestion: can the autoupdater make a copy of dsound.dll into @JayArma2Lib as well ? It would help with keeping a YAS repository for this up to date and complete.

Thanks!

Done. You'll see it when the next auto-update hits.

jaynus,

I just want to say:

Many people would have taken their ball and went home and said 'screw all the other kids at the play ground' ...

BUT You took the hits, ... and you stood TALL.

Much respect. IRIE.

~Salute~

Can I update this with Addon Sync? If so, I need a link please.

disregard

Edited by jaynus

@jaynus,

I'm getting an error on a Windows 2008 R2 Standard (64-bit) server when starting my dedicated server, and it tries to automatically update @jayarma2lib and fails...

The following pop-up appears:

---

C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@JayArmA2Lib\Auxillary\updater.exe

The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the comment-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail.

---

Application Log:

Log Name: Application

Source: SideBySide

EventID: 33

Level: Error

User: N/A

OpCode:

Task Category: None

Keywords: Classic

General:

Activation context generation failed for "C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\Arma2\@JayArmA2Lib\Auxillary\updater.exe". Dependent Assembly

Microsoft.VC90.CRT,processArchutecture="x86",publicKeyToken="1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b",type="win32",version="9.0.21022.8" could not be found/ Please use sxstrace.exe for detailed diagnosis.

[Added after posting]

Server Specs

Dedicated

HP Blade BL460c (G1)

2 * Intel Xeon® CPU E5420 @ 2.5GHz (2 Physical Processors) - Quad Core

16GB RAM PC2-5300 DDR2

2 * 146GB SFF SAS HDD's (RAID 1)

Windows Server 2008 Standard x64 (64-bit OS)

100MB (1-to-1 connection)

Both CD (Retail) copies of ARMA 2 and ARMA2: OA (patched to the latest official version).

The last install of jayarmalib would have likely come from the 'ACRE v1.1.1' exe as this system has fairly recently been setup by myself.

[WORK AROUND]

I probably could have just removed the updater.exe file from the jayarma2lib\auxillary folder but I've just renamed the current/old version of the folder to something else (along with the dsound.dll file) and have downloaded JayArma2lib v1.4.12 from your site (provided on the 1st page of this post) and have extracted this to my system and have successfully started the server using the latest version.

I notice that this time there is no 'updater.exe' file within the auxillary folder.

Edited by LondonLad

disregard, no update yet. Working on major bug fix now.

Edited by jaynus

disregard, no update yet. Working on major bug fix now.

Hope you will fix it fast. want to play the new Beta with Acre :(

Updated for the past over 9000 updates.

Now up-to-date on B77777

SNIP.

Also running 2008 R2, not had any such issue with this, just to ask but why are you trying to run JayArma2Lib serverside? Are you using the database applications of it?

Just to note, JayArma2Lib only needs to be clientside as some people have mentioned here.

Also running 2008 R2, not had any such issue with this, just to ask but why are you trying to run JayArma2Lib serverside? Are you using the database applications of it?

Just to note, JayArma2Lib only needs to be clientside as some people have mentioned here.

No real reason to be running it on my server in all honesty - Purely legacy if anything. Thought I'd mention the issue I countered during the server restart I did at the time of the update.

In anycase the issue hasn't been encountered with any of the recent updates. You have also reminded me to remove @jayarmalib from the server start-up (I keep getting side-tracked and forgetting) :)

just to ask but why are you trying to run JayArma2Lib serverside? Are you using the database applications of it?

I was seeking a way to store unit positions and inventory on the server for a kind of ongoing mission. I was planning on using the logging and file reading capabilities of the lib.

Doesn't seem to work on 1.57.56.815 or 1.57.0.777777 (Steam user)

The jaylib logfile claims it successfully patched, but the dsound.dll isn't locked, and the overlay doesn't appear for either version. I've tried the latest beta as well to no avail.

Updated 77819

sorry for delay.

---------- Post added at 09:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 AM ----------

Doesn't seem to work on 1.57.56.815 or 1.57.0.777777 (Steam user)

The jaylib logfile claims it successfully patched, but the dsound.dll isn't locked, and the overlay doesn't appear for either version. I've tried the latest beta as well to no avail.

What overlay?