Sign in to follow this  
jaynus

JayArma2Lib

still have the same error message with new udapte no probleme when you launch the game but in game i have the same error

updated for Beta 72197 support.

Hey jay,

Sickboy has generously provided an 'afteraction' execution option, for six updater. So provided he syncs the beta to the repo relatively quickly, and you can somehow automate memory hook location finding, you could execute it that way. (if a new beta is detected) All of this coupled with running six updater console mode, via cron job.

I intend to do something similar for the noblur, each time a new beta arrives, bin.pbo will be patched automatically into an addon, named by version num, and ftpd. (hopefully soon)

Maybe you can find a way to do this, to make things easier on yourself. There are also tools in the DH waves for unittests, you could make a unittest to test if the new hook is working, then everything would be automated? Since I have no idea if you can automate the hook location finding, this all may be of little use.

Thanks for arma2lib, sqlite is superb!

Edited by oktane

Hey jay,

Sickboy has generously provided an 'afteraction' execution option, for six updater. So provided he syncs the beta to the repo relatively quickly, and you can somehow automate memory hook location finding, you could execute it that way. (if a new beta is detected) All of this coupled with running six updater console mode, via cron job.

yah so the current status right now, is that dsound.dll doesn't need to be updated, and I have it auto-updating. I can probably push auto-updating jayarma2lib too (yay for dynamic DLL patching).

The big problem is, that the binary analysis will still always have to remain manual. I've got it down to a science now; takes me about 5 minutes. But either way - you never know if something is gonna change. I *could* automate it it now, but we would run into major issues if their code ever made a large change in the portions i use.

NOTE TO SPROCKET USERS:

If you get "incompatible version" error when starting the game with @jayarma2lib, this means you are running a slightly-off build of OA.

It even says your running 1.52; but your not running latest 1.52.

Sprocket release was: 1.52 Build 470264

Official 1.52 patch build is: 470330

The patch can be retrieved at:

http://www.arma2.com/support/updates/folder.html

I have this issue.

That link 404s

Is this the beta patch? or the official 1.52 patch?

updated for latest beta...again.

All,

I've got ACRE working with ARMA2 1.07 fine.

I try launching ACRE with OA (combined operations) 1.52 and I get the message that JayArma2Lib is incompatible. The game launches but the radio is unavailable and I don't get the squawk/transmitting etc.

Is this a known issue or have I done something wrong here?

Thanks

I've got version 1.2.5 updated via Yoma... Is there another version?

I'm not running any beta patches for OA either.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Weird.

I ran the 1.52 patch again and I no longer get the issue with JayArma2Lib.

Thanks

Edited by Tupolov

updated for latest beta...again.

Would be great if you could post the BETA-version. BETA 72418 is not supported atm, or am i wrong?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

you're right i think jaynus wait tomorow to udapte his addon =)

VERSION: 1.2.6

- Added OA 1.52 beta 72418 support

Is JayArma2Lib compatible with latest Arma2 final for server too ?

Latest final Arma2 version for server is this 71951, and JayArma2Lib 1.2.5 IS NOT supporting this latest version.

Your ticket:

http://www.dev-heaven.net/issues/12543#change-61433

Latest Arma2 patch:

http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates/file/351-arma2server_1_07_71951.html?lang=en

Is version 1.2.6 compatible with latest version of Arma2 final server ?

Is JayArma2Lib compatible with latest Arma2 final for server too ?

Latest final Arma2 version for server is this 71951, and JayArma2Lib 1.2.5 IS NOT supporting this latest version.

Your ticket:

http://www.dev-heaven.net/issues/12543#change-61433

Latest Arma2 patch:

http://www.arma2.com/supply/game-updates/file/351-arma2server_1_07_71951.html?lang=en

Is version 1.2.6 compatible with latest version of Arma2 final server ?

When I do a update, I always include client AND server for that beta.

Hey Jaynus, thanks for all your effort. Without the code crafting you created we would not have the awesomeness that is ACRE, among other things. At times it's difficult to see what really makes a project possible, and is also difficult to know completely where to give credit to. After playing on TG Bravo for some time today I now know some appreciation needs to be spread around here - so thanks again!

VERSION: 1.2.6

- Added OA 1.52 beta 72418 support

Thx for all the effort, jaynus! Highly awaiting JayArma2Lib 4 the new Beta 72716!!!

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Thanks very much - got a game with my squad tonight and I would of had to use OA 1.52. now I can use the beta for added goodness. Cheers for the support.

#1. Nou hit the nail on the head for these. I can see the desire for mysql server side; but performance wise, unless your topping 20,000 records, sqlite in-memory will be faster, hence I'll be sticking with that (same syntax anyways).

#2. no, source code for the actual DLL's wont be released. I am making an "extension" API for 3rd parties can load up as well and "register" commands with my library.

Yes, SQLite is faster, however, MySQL has a nice way of connecting to remote databases. Since the gameserver executable is most likely not running on the webserver, it's tough to integrate the two if people want to save stats, track players, have custom loadouts, etc. So is there zero chance of MySQL support in the future?