Sign in to follow this  
Erratic

Steam overlay on Beta

Hi,

I've just installed the latest beta build released today. But I like to be able to talk to friends using steam with the overlay, and I'm currently able to do that while at the same time using mods in the existing 1.5 release (because I remember there was a post were Dwarden listed an applaunch code) but now I'm not 100% sure about how I would go about linking my steam to the beta build?

I know I can simply run it from the .../Arm2/beta/ folder but that wouldn't allow me to have the steam overlay.

TIA.

You need to add the beta exe of arma 2 as a "non-steam game" in the games list on Steam. Then you'll have the overlay even though it's not a Steam game exactly ;)

You need to add the beta exe of arma 2 as a "non-steam game" in the games list on Steam. Then you'll have the overlay even though it's not a Steam game exactly ;)

What he said.

Something I have found over time using the Steam overlay though is that sometimes it stops my keyboard from working in game if I use the chat for too long.:confused:

I've encountered that bug when I (accidentally) open the overlay during a loading screen. Quite annoying :(

You can also replace your ArmA2.exe with the beta's ArmA2.exe (Make sure you make a backup of your original .exe first!)

I've encountered that bug when I (accidentally) open the overlay during a loading screen. Quite annoying :(

Yes, it's quite frustrating. I made a thread in the Steam forums a while back on the issue. Dwarden commented on it quite a bit.

Link: http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973715

afaik there wasn't any change on this problem

so only solution is not use the steam overlay ingame

afaik there wasn't any change on this problem

so only solution is not use the steam overlay ingame

Yep! I'm just thankful your work is Alt-Tab friendly.:)

Yeah the game is actually very Alt-Tab friendly! Atleast so in W7-64 :) But I want my friends to be able to see when I'm playing the game so I'll just stick with 1.5 until 1.6 is out :P

Thanks anyways guy.

[70198] Fixed: Steam Overlay used during loading screen no longer disabled the keyboard.

:yay: :yay:

Great news!

yep it should work ...

atm.

i know about problem when switching windowed to fullscreen which may crash the game

also that last pressed keys are still active in background behind overlay ...

but report any issues which i not mentioned ...

So, nothing game-breaking, but just wondering (and I think this echoes Dwarden's post above);

Running 1.07, purchased through Steam. When I Shift-Tab, any menus open will immediately start cycling through the menu items as though the Tab key is being held down indefinitely. Anyone have solutions for this?

So, nothing game-breaking, but just wondering (and I think this echoes Dwarden's post above);

Running 1.07, purchased through Steam. When I Shift-Tab, any menus open will immediately start cycling through the menu items as though the Tab key is being held down indefinitely. Anyone have solutions for this?

I do actually Skelbley, figured this one out myself. Just double tap TAB quickly and there's your fix :) Works everytime.