Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

SIX Projects - Updater Suite, Portal, Config Browser, etc.

At Mods, in the empty box, click select an additional mod from the list. Repeat this for every additional mod you would like to use.

When I do this, the only thing that is listed is 'expansions' and I can't seem to find a way to make it recognize any other mods. What am I missing? I bought the combined ops steam version and have admin rights if that makes a difference.

Disable the "Allowed filter".

Disable the "Allowed filter".

After setting all the paths in the options menu to my oa folder this worked, thanks.

How would I go about aborting a download when i notice that Six is dling something that i dont want?

I thought I had my own preset chosen cos it said so but clicking to join a server it switches to Dynamic preset. Why?

Six tries say that some server needs i44 and I don't have it but the server has 144co, which I do have.

In the options there is a Path for Game, should I put OA or A2 there? I am running Steam version.

I added only @CBA to my preset but @CBA_OA and @CBA_A2 appeared there as well, how do I remove them?

Can I see who is playing in some particular server?

Every time I try to connect to a server I get stuck at "Wait for Host" screen.

After about 2h of trying to figure out how the program works, I was not able to connect to a single server with success.

There should be no need to configure game paths, leave it blank, so it is auto detected from registry.

If not, then registry entries aren't in order, especially check the steam notes: http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater+FAQ#Paths%20(Game,%20mods,%20pack%20etc)

Abort: Click the abort button, it's the X button right of the Progress Bar that appears left down of the application.

If you want to use a server in your current preset, right click the server and click "Select Server".

This will select it up top. Otherwise you can also select it at Edit Tools -> Preset, to store it in the preset.

Then use the big green Run Updater button left up (or right click the preset in the treeview), and it's sub menu to perform actions as you wish, like "Install or Update and Join Server".

@CBA requires @CBA_OA if you run OA standalone, and @CBA_A2 if you run A2 Standalone.

If the correct game edition is detected or selected, the unneeded mods remain black and are not used.

For I44, rename the existing folder to @i44 will fix it, i'll look into fixing that though: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19572

When you have done a "Select server" or "Use server", double click the MOTD field left down in the updater to get the Server Monitor (or access it from the Advanced button's menu left up).

Also in the Server Browser, you find a Server Info Bar at the bottom. Double click on it to cycle through various information.

Waiting for host could simply mean there's no mission selected; did you try to log in as admin and select a mission?

Edited by Sickboy

Some small improvements and fixes (incl performance) pushed for auto-self-update.

Edited by Sickboy

Just to announce, Havoc Company have moved over to the SixUpdater methodology now and have just announced a full rollout next week, ditching previous systems.

The amount of time this saves server admins is huge, shifting from manual Yomas / ZIP pushing which can take up to half an hour per update is now down to a few minutes fully automated with the help of some batch work.

On top of this, support for the application is second to none, Sickboy fixes reported issues in less than 30 minutes from the ones I've experienced so far, while Yomas etc is good I think they are reaching their useful life due to lack of ongoing development.

Bravo

Havoc Company Repo - http://www.havoc-company.com:85/

Edited by rexehuk

I am getting some weird artifacting in the six updater GUI when I mouse over it. It does not happen all the time but tends to manifest itself if I have had it open for a while...

Screen Shot 1

Screen Shot 2

The above screenshot sort of shows it, but it can be much worse - text disappearing or appearing as magnified. The only solution once it starts happening is to re-boot. Relaunching SU without a reboot does not fix it.

I have seen this once before and apparently it was because I have IE9 installed and it was fixed by that appliction's author - I can't for the life of me remember what the app was though!! This may be one massive red-herring.

My specs are as follows;

ASUS P6X58D-E

Intel Core i7 930

Thermaltake FRIO

12GB Corsair (6x2G CMD12GX3M6A1600C8)

Corsair AX1200

2GB Sapphire Radeon HD5970 OC

256Gb Crucial SSD

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro

Silverstone Fortress FT02R-W

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

IE9

Currently no other application I run does this, but I am not completely closed to the possibility the problem might be on my side!!

Hi,

I currently have my Arma2 install on an SSD along with all the associated MOD folders. Over a period of time I have accumulated quite a lot and I am now in danger of running out of space on the SSD. I know that I can change my Mod Path in Six Updater and move my mods to another disk, but before I do I have a couple of questions....

1. Will Six pick up all the mods (including those 'local' mods that are not converted)?

2. Will I lose any performance advantage I currently might be getting by having them on an SSD? The disk I would be moving them to is a normal HDD (albeit quite a fast one).

1. Regardless of local or other mod, if you change the Mod path and move the mod folders there, all is fine.

2. Moving files to a slower harddrive obviously means less performance, but if and how much of a difference that makes in game, you'll have to find out yourself :)

Alternatively you can choose to just have the .pack folders on another drive, that will save about 33% space for SU mods.

Some notes on that @ http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19914

Btw there's still a ticket open awaiting your input; http://dev-heaven.net/issues/19798

And lastly, the new place to discuss Six Updater is: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=118605

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks mate - updated the ticket just now by the way.

Hi,

at the moment our community use Yomas Addon Sync to syncronise our member with our gameservers. On the line with some public mods ( like ACRE, ACE or islands ) we have also some special mods from our modders to share.

After reading here that many communitys are switching to sixupdater i take a look on the new version. And wow... many many improvments in the interface. For ArmA2 User/Player its really an great tool.

Also i was looking for an own server repo to share our mods via six but i have really problems to configure it. My english is not good ( as you can read here :D ) so i have problems to understand the manuals on the website. Iam looking for someone who can help me via messanger or an german manual or how-to for installing an own server repo.

Iam sure its pretty easy when someone can give me short instructions and hints.

Greetings

Edited by Desiderius

Hi,

i just want to say Thank You for the great support yesterday in the Skype Support Chat!

The sixupdater is a very mighty tool and it seems that the continuous work of sickboy and his team make it better and better.

Great work.

Greetings

Jack

Hi,

I have had a look in the docs and the FAQ and can't see any hints as to how to setup SixUpdater to run the BIS beta builds of Arma.

Can I use six to run a beta build of Arma without screwing up my normal profiles? If so, how? I have just about got my Six profiles perfect and I don't want to mess them up!

Is there something wrong with six updater? Norton just deleted it from my computer saying it had a high risk.