Sign in to follow this  
Dysentery

Having lighting and shadows graphics problems

Are you joking? The post I quoted said that the poster did not understand why the devs "did not take advantage of SLI and CrossfireX". The game does take advantage of SLI, and probably CrossfireX for that matter, if set up properly. Posts saying SLI doesn't work in ArmA2 is nothing short of spreading false statements and gets us nowhere (the person you were responding to never said it did not work only that BIS hadnt taken advantage of SLI and Crossfire, theres a difference between taking advantage of SLI and Crossfire and it actually working, its called optimisation. so question is is it optimised for SLI? Answer is no. If it was then nvidia would not have needed to release a profile patch in order for SLI to work with Arma 2! And despite such patch it still doesnt work for all who have SLI set up ). Therefore, I felt compelled to post because this is not the first time I've seen this in recent history. Whether SLI/CrossfireX works for every user isn't the point; the point is that it's not an issue on the ArmA2 end, but rather the user, because the game does in fact support multi-GPU rendering.

That said, the only thing you are right about is that the SLI discussion, while somewhat related, doesn't belong in this thread which is about CrossfireX.

Well differences aside we both agree this is not the place to discuss it. So i won't answer your post above with what i originally intended to answer it with, so that then thread can get back to the original topic.

Edited by teaboy

just because it works for you doesnt mean SLI works for everyone

works for me

they added sli support for arma 2 a while ago, the current nvidia drivers still support it

set your in game Memory setting to Default, and your HDR-precision to 32, in the arma2.cfg

I did these and there was no change... You are talking about the video memory in the video options right? Does anyone know anything else I can do for this?

When in Arma 2 the light is flickering and changing brightness. Sometimes the light will be as bright as possible and I can't see anything at all for like 10 seconds or less and this happens often. And with my nightvision its usually so dark its very difficult to even be competitive. So night time games arent very playable. Also, I have shadows like in tree lines glitching on and off really fast. I have 2 ATI Radeon HD 5900 series cards and new alienware computer so everything is totally maxed out.
Ok, its a issue with CFX that can make the extremes of Arma's HDR too much to often.Playing with your Gama and brightness can help, And just because your on a "alien" doesnt mean its maxed or even right... QuadFire can and does make the HDR wacky. Your best bet it to use a Bloom Blur mod to limit the effect on your setup. I run Quadfire, and see it at different times (usually only bright) but not very often, HDR to 32 is a big help.

on most systems HDRprecision=32; will also take huge performane hit, so the optimal solution would be use HDRprecision=16;

I have these issue since ArmA2 1.07 or OA...not sure here.

The light (a campfire or streetlamps) is flickering at night if i far away of the source. If iam close there is no flickering...

I use Win7 and a ATI 4870.

Someone has this issue too ?