Sign in to follow this  
demon cleaner

Domination - Everon - A.C.E

!!! Obsolete !!!

Please use the new version found here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=122772

Hi everyone !

I've noticed that in the recent Domination 2 mission pack, there's no Domination - Everon that features A.C.E - so I created one. Since I'm a huge fan of both, Everon and A.C.E, I sat down and created (based on Xeno's Domination A2 2.02 release):

Domination - West - Everon - ACE

Basically it's the standard Domination - Everon including ACE features like EASA, Air Refueling, Wounds, Rucks and other cool stuff. However I did exchange some of the vehicles and enabled a broad range (just like in the default Domination 2 - West - A.C.E) of ACE vehicles for the side mission rewards. I've fixed a couple of glitches in some of the side missions and added a few goodies to the ammo crates.

The only real difference to the standard Domination features is the fact that I've added a little twist to this version by initializing the enemy squads through Monsada's UPSMon, which makes the enemy behave much less predictable and teaches them a couple of neat tricks. (Read the UPSMon feature description for details).

Here's the download link:

Domination_2_11A2_West_Everon_Revive_AI_ACE

I'd be happy to hear from your trip down the memory lane to the island of Everon. If you encounter any bugs that you can't find in the standard wounds enabled Domination - West version, let me know about them.

Credits:

Xeno - For creating Domination and generously letting people use his stuff

Monsada - For following up on Kronzky's UPS and adding cool features to it

The Community - Because it is the community that makes ArmA so amazingly different

For those who do not know about Everon or UPSMon:

Download link: Everon Island

Forum discussion: Sgt. Ace Everon

Download link: UPSMon

Forum discussion: Monsada UPSMon

Enjoy !

DC

Mirrors (Thank you guys):

Armaholic mirror:

- Domination! 2 - West - Everon - ACE Co-40 (@)

Required addons

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - Core

- Advanced Combat Environment 2 - eXtras

- Community Base addons

- Everon

Edited by Demon Cleaner
New version 2.10 available

Nice thx

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Tested it by myself and some wirdness going on :)

Hitting esc to respawn if i dident wanna wait for timer made me die again once after respawn.

Could you make a ACE Everon of Xenos latest? 2.04, the ranked one :D

Nice thx

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:49 PM ----------

Tested it by myself and some wirdness going on :)

Hitting esc to respawn if i dident wanna wait for timer made me die again once after respawn.

Could you make a ACE Everon of Xenos latest? 2.04, the ranked one :D

Hi !

That could be the WOUNDS part... as a quick fix try setting the "WOUNDS" option to "No poor mans r" (should probably be "No poor mans revive") when setting up the mission.

As for the ranked version, you can set it to ranked when configuring the various options before loading the map.

I'll merge my changes to the new version but I'll wait a day or two to see whether Xeno updates it yet again.

DC

Edited by Demon Cleaner

very nice - running on our server

would be nice if u include 2.06 changes

very nice - running on our server

would be nice if u include 2.06 changes

Thank you !

I was hoping to find the time for that over the weekend and will post the link in first post when it's done...

Hi everyone !

I've merged Xeno's 2.06 changes and changed a few bits here and there (see first post and pbo for a detailed changelog).

Update:

I just realized Xeno released yet another update ... I'll see what will happen during this evening and possibly merge the changes once again tomorrow. I've also read that he has added the east versions, so I might do a Everon east version if I can find the time.

Cheers !

---------- Post added at 20:50 ---------- Previous post was at 19:12 ----------

Sorry guys if you already downloaded the 2.06 version, please download again. I had made a little mistake in the naming scheme of the mission, which results in the game lobby not displaying the mission...

Sorry for that ...

Edited by Demon Cleaner

cleaner can you tell us how u merged upsmon

Well this isn't the correct forum section to discuss mission editing but it's really not that hard to do.

Take a look at the following files: "x_server\x_initx.sqf" and "x_server\x_f\x_serverfuncs.sqf"

In x_serverfuncs.sqf check out the functions XCreateInf and XCreateArmor

Cheers!

DC

Edited by Demon Cleaner

Hi !

I've merged Xeno's 2.08 changes and made a new version available for download in the first post.

Enjoy!

DC

Update:

Domination 2.08 contains a bit of preprocessing code that can cause crashes. Xeno released 2.09 as an urgent fix so I'm going to merge the change as well. Updated version should be available later tonight.

Edited by Demon Cleaner
Xeno released 2.09

I've merged Xeno's 2.09 changes and made a new version available for download. Check the first post.

Cheers!

DC

Thx!!

One thing, i keep respawning on top of the camo netting when MHQ is deployed, and ofc die when trying to slide of it :)

Hi!

Odd ... I'll check it out.

Are you using the revive version or the wounds version?

DC

Hi!

Odd ... I'll check it out.

Are you using the revive version or the wounds version?

DC

latest you posted, Revive AI ACE with the 2.09 changes.

Just noticed another thing.

Side mission where we supose to destroy a hangar had no E anywhere.

edit.

after reloading the mission the respawn thing is ok now.

i added the random airpatrol script, and getting my *** handed to me..lol, its great :D

Thx for youre work, love Everon :)

Edited by Jan.K

after reloading the mission the respawn thing is ok now.

i added the random airpatrol script, and getting my *** handed to me..lol, its great :D

Thx for youre work, love Everon :)

I had noticed the issue in that mission as well and I thought I had fixed it in 2.06... hmmm guess not. I'll have a look at it again.

Update:

I think I've found the problem in the hangar side mission. Since Xeno updated to 2.10 fixing the artillery piece, I'll update as well within the next few days.

Edited by Demon Cleaner

Looking forward to it :)

I had a go at making my own version if you want to try it out, got mando installed as script so it gets pretty big unpacked, 8mb or so. Wanted to force it so i dont get tab - fire ect ect on server.

MHQ i made a bit of a mess, ment to remove it all togheter for a HMMW 50 cal, but think it can stil be deployed, ill fix that later.

Also added a random Airpatrol, will spawn again after 10 min if you destroy it.

Swapped the Venoms for AH-6 that can load ammo boxes.

Also need massi's Rangers : http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=94096 just cause i LOVE them :)

Grab mission file here: http://sim123.org/files/co@40_Domi_edited_West_AI_ACE.eden.7z

@all: 150% DCs work, i just swap things around, cause i suck :D

Jan you better create your own thread for your mission enhancements and such. People will be posting bug reports and there's going to be a huge mess if that happens.

Thank you !

DC

Hi !

I've had some tine to skip today, so I fixed some stuff in the mission and made a new version (2.10) available.

- Merged Xeno's 2.10 changes

- Fixed some side mission issues (x_m6 and x_m15)

- Changed radio tower marker color back to black (didn't work in 2.09)

Download link is in the first post.

Enjoy !

DC

Demon your work is just what we need as our clan pretty much playes Xenos Domination (now 2.10) exclusively. And Everon makes for makes for a pleaseant change.

However we are not playing the ACE vesrion at this time. Mixed feeling within the clan. Is there a chance that you could make a non-ACE version of your fixes? Or give oour mission Tech, not me I'm the curious but dumb one, some tips on what he might do? Especially with the side missions on Everon not showing.

Thanks.

Demon your work is just what we need as our clan pretty much playes Xenos Domination (now 2.10) exclusively. And Everon makes for makes for a pleaseant change.

However we are not playing the ACE vesrion at this time. Mixed feeling within the clan. Is there a chance that you could make a non-ACE version of your fixes? Or give oour mission Tech, not me I'm the curious but dumb one, some tips on what he might do? Especially with the side missions on Everon not showing.

Thanks.

Hi !

To be honest, I have hardly enough time to spend on the ACE version these days. So it's unlikely that I'll find the time for porting my changes to the non ACE version (Besides the Domination mission pack contains a non ACE version which is maintained by Xeno if I'm not mistaken).

I guess the easiest way would be to create a diff of all the files that contain changes made by me. The ones that are not ACE related could then be merged with Xenos vanilla version. If you unpbo the mission, there's a file changelog_files.txt which contains a list of files I have done changes to. This should give your mission designer a head start.

If the issue is just that the side missions are not showing up, that's totally unrelated to ACE and I could provide a diff with the necessary changes for 2.10. Tell your mission designer to pm me if he's got questions.

Cheers!

DC

I'll make sure they contact you very soon. If they are too busy, who knows, this idiot might give it a go. Thanks greatly for your time and reponse.

Demon just curious was the SM's not spawning at all when u did your fix for this? We've got a non-ACE version on Everon running but SM's keep not showing in either the show status an of course on the map. Was curious how easy it might be the fix. How hard would it be to make your fixed version a non-ACE.

Cheers

Hi Call_911!

No the side missions weren't working when I started my ACE version. However I didn't check if Xeno fixed it in any later version (my base version was 2.02 i think). We can't discuss mission editing in this thread so I'll simply PM you the changes you need to make to get the side missions working.

Cheers !

DC

Yup gotcha, an thanx. I PM'd Xeno but he must be busy with ACE stuff an posted the error message i got.

Demon just curious was the SM's not spawning at all when u did your fix for this? We've got a non-ACE version on Everon running but SM's keep not showing in either the show status an of course on the map. Was curious how easy it might be the fix. How hard would it be to make your fixed version a non-ACE.

Cheers

You've got a PM ! :-)

Edited by Demon Cleaner