Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Binkowski's WIP thread

maybe. not sure yet.

i may add gloves, i'm having problems with the textures in game right now.

>:I like what? i might be able to help

i may add gloves, i'm having problems with the textures in game right now.

Did you check for any out of place proxies, or damaged ones?

I recommend removing them all first and then get fresh ones from the BIS sample model.

Looks good, especially the normal mapping on the trousers. Just one gripe: last name tape goes over right pocket, branch/service tape goes over left pocket (which on trousers, there are no branch/service tapes just last name tapes). Just a minor detail, but looks good nonetheless.

Looks good, especially the normal mapping on the trousers. Just one gripe: last name tape goes over right pocket, branch/service tape goes over left pocket (which on trousers, there are no branch/service tapes just last name tapes). Just a minor detail, but looks good nonetheless.

these units use one texture for the body, body armor, arms, legs, and boots. (tex1_co.paa). the reason sabre put the US MARINES on that pocket is because there is absolutely no reason to make a plethora of textures for each individual model just to have different last names. so, putting US MARINES on that pocket alleviates the problem of having a file that is 200+ mb's in size.

pretty nice. finally we get some proper marines. keep it up bink

Boonie cover looks good; looks like a SAM-R with a 30-round STANAG. Is that alpha or beta stage?

Edited by Laqueesha

pockits need moar polies

It needs to have at least over nine thousand polies.

these units use one texture for the body, body armor, arms, legs, and boots. (tex1_co.paa). the reason sabre put the US MARINES on that pocket is because there is absolutely no reason to make a plethora of textures for each individual model just to have different last names. so, putting US MARINES on that pocket alleviates the problem of having a file that is 200+ mb's in size.

Sounds reasonable.

Mk.12 Mod 1, it's from ACE. Used it purely because I thought it'd look good on the unit, turned out it does.

well, release should be within the next week on these guys. i've added the rifleman (m136) no new model though, just added him in the config using an existing model. i fixed the shadow problem i was having, and fixed almost all of the degenerated faces on the models. these guys should be set for next week sometime.

Mk.12 Mod 1, it's from ACE. Used it purely because I thought it'd look good on the unit, turned out it does.

It does. The Mk 12 Mod 1 is practically identical to the SAM-R, which is one of the designated marksman rifles used by the USMC since the M14 DMR was dropped from their inventory last year.

these guys should be set for next week sometime.

Friggin' suhweet.

It does. The Mk 12 Mod 1 is practically identical to the SAM-R, which is one of the designated marksman rifles used by the USMC since the M14 DMR was dropped from their inventory last year.

Friggin' suhweet.

They should not have gotten rid of the DMR, the M110 from what I was reading is a pain in the ass to deal with.

They should not have gotten rid of the DMR, the M110 from what I was reading is a pain in the ass to deal with.

Probably is; at least they got the SAM-R to fall back on.

well, release should be within the next week on these guys. i've added the rifleman (m136) no new model though, just added him in the config using an existing model. i fixed the shadow problem i was having, and fixed almost all of the degenerated faces on the models. these guys should be set for next week sometime.
Hm, so next week, maybe monday ? :cheers: Just kidding, take your time mate. :)

screw the sam-r, m14 ebr is better. hence why i has it in the addon.

screw the sam-r, m14 ebr is better. hence why i has it in the addon.

You are including the M14 EBR in this addon? :O Awesome.

I was just wondering what I was going to use as my sniper's weapon in my current mission with these units...thank you :P.