Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Binkowski's WIP thread

What, a Filipino airsofter? Just kidding. Anyway, if that were a real Marine, he'd be the epitome of Geardo, never mind the fact that his laces are shite and his trousers aren't bloused, but this guy has all the gear he needs, and a sidearm for good measure. ;)

Holy trauma shears in an accessible area, Batman.

That dude is like the medic/RTO/FTL/rifleman/AT gunner/SAW gunner/MG gunner/gardener from hell.

A W.I.P. screenshot of Binkowski's 2011 U.S. Marines: http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/rebl/newmarine.png

A W.I.P. screenshot of Binkowski's 2007 U.S. Army soldiers: http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/rebl/newstuff1.jpg

A W.I.P. screenshot of Binkowski's 2007 U.S. Army soldiers: http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/rebl/newstuff2.jpg

Edited by Laqueesha

this is an older shot of them, notice the outdated arma1 gear pouches?

I figured as such. I uploaded the screenshot here because it was not uploaded previously and it offered a decent view of the identification patch. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

Really digging that patch!

So much so that I ordered one for my CIRAS vest.

These are looking fantastic. Can´t wait to see them ingame, really well done!

Those Marines look great, srsly. Getting a rubbery just looking at them. Release NAO.

A certain somebody tells me that they'll probably be released this month. But, you didn't hear it from me. ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

The WIP shots do look very sexy indeed. Some requests and nit-picking, mostly nit-picking. Okay, it's only nit-picking. :p

1. The MARPAT texture lacks an Eagle, Globe and Anchor embedded into the camouflage pattern scheme. Not a big deal, I know, but just wondering if you had noticed.

2. The combat boots worn are not accurate per the U.S. Marine Corps' uniform regulations. They are too bright (sand/tan instead of coyote brown) and lack an Eagle, Globe and Anchor logo on the outer side of the heel. The easiest thing to do is to darken the combat boots' texture from sand/tan to coyote brown and add an Eagle, Globe and Anchor logo on the outer side of the heel. The default ARMA 2 Marines had these types of boots with the Eagle, Globe and Anchor logo embedded onto the combat boots' texture. Also, if you don't mind my asking, what brand and model of combat boots are they currently wearing? The combat boots look very similar to the combat boots worn by the U.S. Army soldiers in Operation Arrowhead.

3. The U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman should have a caduceus badge on the left arm's velcro patch and a subdued rate collar device (HA, HN, HM3, HM2, HM1) on the right arm's velcro patch. Regarding the HM3, HM2, HM1 rate collar device, the eagle should be facing the wearer's forward, and not aft. In addition, the U.S. Marines should have their rate/rank subuded collar devices worn on their velcro patches also. In contrast to the U.S. Navy Hospital Corpsman, a U.S. Marine should wear the same rank/rate collar devices on each sleeve. The reason why this is done is because the combat shirt does not have a collar in which to place collar rank/rate devices onto. Back in the old days (2004-2007) with the good ol' IBAs, a single collar rank/rate device was worn on the front of the IBA. Now, if you don't want to do all of this, you can just add reflective infrared (IR) tabs on both of the arms' velcro patches.

4. This one is mainly config text-related. Could you have the units use the default ARMA 2 radio voices instead of the Operation Arrowhead radio voices? There are two seperate American English radio voice sets used in each game. The reason why I am asking is because the ARMA 2 American English radio voices use U.S. Marine Corps terminology where as the Operation Arrowhead American English radio voices use U.S. Army terminology, which makes sense because each of their respective campaigns revolves around either one of those two. It would be odd to have U.S. Marines using U.S. Army terminology and U.S. Army soldiers using U.S. Marine Corps terminology, if you know what I mean.

5. There also should be a nametag just above the right rear trouser pocket displaying the wearer's last name.

That's all I have for now and keep up the good work! ;)

Edited by Laqueesha

someones a little nit picky.

1. im probably not going to add it, why? because the only way you'll see it is if you are running your game with very high texture quality.

2. to alleviate this problem, ill just retexture them into oakley si assault boots. the arma2 marines that johnny made used the danner boots from arma1.

3. ill add the badge, not sure about the collar devices.

4. ill figure it out.

Sorry if it's already been answered, but will there be any in Desert MARPAT or Force Recon Marines?

A WIP screenshot of the 2011 U.S.M.C. designated marksman: http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/addons/gtfo/762pouch.jpg

Sorry if it's already been answered, but will there be any in Desert MARPAT or Force Recon Marines?

"Yes. There will be desert MARPAT." - Binkowski's exact words.

Edited by Laqueesha

Looks really aswsome!!, but one suggestion:

http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/addons/gtfo/Bink_usmc_gl_wip_2.bmp

why are the grenade pouches backside? I belive in combat it would be very hard to get a grenade from there oO

And will there be Force Recon? That would be epic *-*

That's in real life too - yes it looks weird heh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Iraq/JohnsBlooper1.jpg

Edited by RobertHammer

Can you higlight the differences between these marines and the stock ArmA2 marines?

Can you higlight the differences between these marines and the stock ArmA2 marines?

- Higher poly unit models (aesthetics).

- The most recent vest the USMC have adopted (again, aesthetics).

- Backpack functionality (which the A2 leathernecks lack).

- Desert MARPAT doodz.

- *Probably* better thermal maps (A2 Marines have barebones thermals only).

- *Probably* more awesome.

- *Probably* more variety.

That's in real life too - yes it looks weird heh

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v193/EvilKev/Iraq/JohnsBlooper1.jpg

Probably because, especially in the back, it's easier to pull the grenade down rather than up. Hard to pull the grenade UP out of the pouch in the back, especially where the pouches are positioned in the back. Now, the front, ?? I'd think it be easier to pull the grenade up out of the pouch in the front.

Why those pouches on the back?

Well first of all the SPC vest is quite narrow so not many grenade will fit next to each other. Look at this, already posted, pic.

So that's one reason to put them on the back.

Second of all, try to reach your back. It's not the hard. I've seen several pics of soldiers and Marines doing this.

Hell even one of a Marine that has them on top of a ALICE Pack.

I wouldn't want to transfer them in the front either, possibility of them being hit by a bullet and causing a misfire somehow would drive me nuts.

- *Probably* more awesome.

I demand you delete the *Probably* there. We're in Bink's thread after all : P