Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

Binkowski's WIP thread

Laqueesha; regarding the marines, i'm waiting to get them back from STALKERGB. he's weighing them for me, and as soon as i get them back i'll continue my work.

is there a chance that you release the DEA FAST TEAM??:D

Laqueesha; regarding the marines, i'm waiting to get them back from STALKERGB. he's weighing them for me, and as soon as i get them back i'll continue my work.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

is there a chance that you release the DEA FAST TEAM??

I requested the D.E.A. and the U.S.M.S. in the addon request thread. They'd be great to have in-game.

You should be grateful that Bink removed the patches from his Army SF addon. With the power of your imagination they can become DEA FAST units :ok:

Animal why hast thou foresaken me?

There appears to be some sort of rigging/selection problem with the jaw in your shadow LOD here.

There's a long pointed shadow cast under the unit's chin caused by some of the faces in the head's shadow model stretching and warping towards the unit's feet. I've noticed it in the SF units you released recently (and a couple of other addons by different authors) as well. It's more noticeable with shadows set to 'normal' in the graphics options.

Any idea if it can be fixed?

Looking great in all other aspects mate.

There appears to be some sort of rigging/selection problem with the jaw in your shadow LOD here.

There's a long pointed shadow cast under the unit's chin caused by some of the faces in the head's shadow model stretching and warping towards the unit's feet. I've noticed it in the SF units you released recently (and a couple of other addons by different authors) as well. It's more noticeable with shadows set to 'normal' in the graphics options.

Any idea if it can be fixed?

Looking great in all other aspects mate.

yeah i have noticed this.. hmph.. i'll look into it. maybe we can get together to troubleshoot this issue?

Good to hear about the marines mate, really looking forward to them.

That head shadow BS is common for a lot of units.

Check your selections in the shadow LOD, if memory serves it's an undefined or incorrectly defined vertice or three (you can always tell, because they ALWAYS point down towards the ground). If memory serves, start hunting near the back of the collar.

Nice, will be good to have some more upto date Marine models. :)

Oh, forgot to mention.

Awesome USMC, Bink. About time leathernecks were dragged kicking and screaming into the OA scene.

they're alive.

thanks STALKERGB!

Awesome USMC, Bink. About time leathernecks were dragged kicking and screaming into the OA scene.

ewhrahz, debill dawgz!!!11!one!!!! git summ, malinez!!!!11one!!!

Edited by Laqueesha

maybe we can get together to troubleshoot this issue?

Don't know how much help I'd be fella; my experience of character modeling is fairly limited.

Cam seems to have some decent gen on dealing with the issue, and vastly more experience than I. The only advice I can think of beyond what he's said, would probably be to try and import one of ArmA's .rtm anims to the shadow LOD in O2, in order to highlight which vertexes aren't playing ball as you scroll through the keyframes.

i've fixed the issue.

the issue resides in the shadowvolume lod. on my shadow model there was the body (including head) and the nose was a separate part. for some reason, the nose was not in the proper named selection for the head. i renamed it and the problem was fixed, if anyone else is having the issue contact me by pm and i'll show you how to fix it.

regarding the marines, i've got a few models done. the rifleman, automatic rifleman, and a light unit. with a fancy eight-point headgear :). i'll get some pics up shortly.

i've fixed the issue.

the issue resides in the shadowvolume lod. on my shadow model there was the body (including head) and the nose was a separate part. for some reason, the nose was not in the proper named selection for the head. i renamed it and the problem was fixed, if anyone else is having the issue contact me by pm and i'll show you how to fix it.

regarding the marines, i've got a few models done. the rifleman, automatic rifleman, and a light unit. with a fancy eight-point headgear :). i'll get some pics up shortly.

Good news.

Thanks for the heads up :)

i've fixed the issue.

I'm a funking genius. :D :yay::icon_backhand:

Hey Bink, I didn't know you played airsoft: :p

wS436nCXYp4

Some quick questions/requests:

* Will there be desert and woodland variants?

* Can you make the Marines have properly bloused boots, rolled down sleeves, gloves and eye protection? If it's not possible not for all of them, most of them. It's kind of odd to see Marines running around with a total disregard for uniform regs, the Marines being the most stringent regarding them.

* Also, can you make the Marines use the ArmA 2 English voices (radio and conversation) instead of the Operation Arrowhead English voices? The Operation Arrowhead English voices use a lot of U.S. Army terminology (Medic, Soldier, Chopper, etc) which would be out of place with Marines, where on the other hand, the ArmA 2 English voices use more USMC terminology, (Corpsman, etc).

i've fixed the issue. the issue resides in the shadowvolume lod. on my shadow model there was the body (including head) and the nose was a separate part. for some reason, the nose was not in the proper named selection for the head. i renamed it and the problem was fixed, if anyone else is having the issue contact me by pm and i'll show you how to fix it.

That's one step closer! ;)

regarding the marines, i've got a few models done. the rifleman, automatic rifleman, and a light unit with a fancy eight-point headgear.

Did somebody say: EIGHT POINT COVER? :eek:

i kin haz bewniez, pl0x? :D

i'll get some pics up shortly.

HNNNG! :eek:

Edited by Laqueesha

Binkowski please

I believe deployed troops are allowed to not have their trousers tucked in when the conditions are warmer. Might have made that up though, can't remember where I heard it. Anyway, there seem to be enough pictures of Marines with trousers outside of the boot.

Linky

Linky some more

Edited by STALKERGB

wheres sgt major sixta :P

groooooooooming stanaard!

I believe deployed troops are allowed to not have their trousers tucked in when the conditions are warmer. Might have made that up though, can't remember where I heard it. Anyway, there seem to be enough pictures of Marines with trousers outside of the boot.

Linky

Linky some more

The United States Marine Corps and United States Navy don't tuck their trousers into their boots, rather, they blouse them. Blousing trouser legs is highly recommended (and required by uniform regulations) by most USMC/USN commands, as it lessens the risk of the trouser leg(s) getting caught and tangled in debris amongst other things. Not only that, it maintains a sharper aesthetic apperance whilst in uniform, which the USMC/USN are very concerned about, like a bloke diagnosed with an obsessive–compulsive disorder. As if that weren't enough, it's in their uniform regulations.

I suppose Binkowski can have at least one Marine or sailor with their uniform sleeves rolled up half-arsed and their trousers legs unbloused to simulate that one clown who thinks he/she is all that and not have to abide by and follow the uniform regulations set forth by the United States Marine Corps and the Department of the Navy.

On the other hand, I'm not quite sure about what exactly the United States Army and United States Air Force do regarding their trousers and boots, but I believe they tuck their trousers into their boots rather than blousing them, yuck. :p

P.S. Bink, wear our doze picks u wurr promizing uz? :D

wheres sgt major sixta groooooooooming stanaard!

SgtMaj: By first lights' tommorry, I expects all ya'll to have your sleeves rolled down and your boots and trousers bloused.

GySgt: After what we've just been through?

Edited by Laqueesha

Blousing trouser legs is recommended by most USMC/USN commands, as it lessens the risk of the trouser leg getting caught and tangled in debris amongst other things. Not only that, it maintains a sharper aesthetic apperance whilst in uniform, which the USMC/USN are very concerned about, like a bloke diagnosed with an obsessive–compulsive disorder. As if that weren't enough, it's in their uniform regulations.

Also stops rain getting into your boots via your trouser leg, which is farking miserable.

the trousers on the model are bloused, and they're gonna stay that way most likely. mainly because i'm too lazy to model them where they are un-bloused. this weekends been pretty busy for me so i haven't been able to make much progress on these guys. hopefully tomorrow i can get some pictures to you guys of what i have so far.